darth vader

DOCUMENT CHECKLIST FOR IR1 VISA INTERVIEW AT MONTREAL

10 posts in this topic

I have put together the following document checklist based on my reading of the ceac website etc. Please let me know if I am missing something? I have tagged each document in one of the two categories - REQUIRED and NICE_TO_HAVE. I have marked my questions in RED.

REQUIRED

-----------------

1. NVC interview letter
2. Applicant's ORIGINAL passport valid for more than 6 months

3. (1) COPY of Applicant's passport bio page

4. Applicant's TWO passport size photographs (2 in x 2 in OR 5 cm x 5 cm)

5. Medical exam results (sent directly by Physician's office)

6. Applicant's ORIGINAL birth certificate (translation, if needed)

7. (1) COPY of Applicant's original birth certificate (translation, if needed)

8. Petitioner's ORIGINAL birth certificate

9. (1) COPY of Petitioner's birth certificate

10. ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (English translation, if needed)

11. (1) COPY of original marriage certificate (English translation, if needed)

12. Applicant's ORIGINAL POLICE CERTIFICATE(s) (valid for two years)

13. I-864 related

• I-864 copy not needed? But NICE_TO_HAVE the original with you?
  • PROOF of petitioner's legal status in the U.S. (photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card) - Do we need copy of ALL pages of petitioner's U.S. passport?
  • Copy of Federal tax return OR transcript from most recent tax year. For me, I am taking both (2020, which was uploaded at NVC stage and 2021 which was uploaded to CEAC before interview)

The above is all I find on the official website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

What are other NICE_TO_HAVE documents that I should carry with me? below are some that come to mind....

1. Is it advised to take a copy of original I-130 petition and all supporting relationship evidence that was sent along with it?

2. Relationship evidence in general? What stuff should we take?

3. Copy of everything uploaded to NVC/CEAC which is not already covered under REQUIRED documents list above?

Am I missing something? Inviting @From_CAN_2_US, @DamAk, @affy, , @pushbrk @Canada_F3 for their views.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, darth vader said:

I have put together the following document checklist based on my reading of the ceac website etc. Please let me know if I am missing something? I have tagged each document in one of the two categories - REQUIRED and NICE_TO_HAVE. I have marked my questions in RED.

REQUIRED

-----------------

1. NVC interview letter
2. Applicant's ORIGINAL passport valid for more than 6 months

3. (1) COPY of Applicant's passport bio page

4. Applicant's TWO passport size photographs (2 in x 2 in OR 5 cm x 5 cm)

5. Medical exam results (sent directly by Physician's office)

6. Applicant's ORIGINAL birth certificate (translation, if needed)

7. (1) COPY of Applicant's original birth certificate (translation, if needed)

8. Petitioner's ORIGINAL birth certificate

9. (1) COPY of Petitioner's birth certificate

10. ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (English translation, if needed)

11. (1) COPY of original marriage certificate (English translation, if needed)

12. Applicant's ORIGINAL POLICE CERTIFICATE(s) (valid for two years)

13. I-864 related

• I-864 copy not needed? But NICE_TO_HAVE the original with you?
  • PROOF of petitioner's legal status in the U.S. (photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card) - Do we need copy of ALL pages of petitioner's U.S. passport?
  • Copy of Federal tax return OR transcript from most recent tax year. For me, I am taking both (2020, which was uploaded at NVC stage and 2021 which was uploaded to CEAC before interview)

The above is all I find on the official website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

What are other NICE_TO_HAVE documents that I should carry with me? below are some that come to mind....

1. Is it advised to take a copy of original I-130 petition and all supporting relationship evidence that was sent along with it?

2. Relationship evidence in general? What stuff should we take?

3. Copy of everything uploaded to NVC/CEAC which is not already covered under REQUIRED documents list above?

Am I missing something? Inviting @From_CAN_2_US, @DamAk, @affy, , @pushbrk @Canada_F3 for their views.

Thank you!

I will send you the list I created for myself by DM. 

Timeline
On 4/6/2022 at 12:59 AM, From_CAN_2_US said:

I will send you the list I created for myself by DM. 

Could I get a copy too? :)

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

• 2 months later...
Timeline
20 hours ago, oscarrifici said:

anybody know if police certificate needs to be the one with fingerprint? I submitted the one without fingerprint. Release of Results of criminal record check

You need to have your fingerprints done digitally, but the report needs to come

back without the actual prints on them

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.