texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

Just now, Redrobot said:

Our file has been DQ’d! We received the email today at 7:03 CET. Last docs submitted 26 April, plus an additional doc 13 June. Happy, happy news going into the weekend!

Congratulations!!! 

Best news. Hope you get that interview letter super quick~ 

1 hour ago, Redrobot said:

Our file has been DQ’d! We received the email today at 7:03 CET. Last docs submitted 26 April, plus an additional doc 13 June. Happy, happy news going into the weekend!

Yay finally! So happy for you!!! Now let’s hope you get the interview letter ASAP! Happy weekend to you 😊

1 minute ago, 1380anthony said:

How fast can one get interview letter and how much one has to wait for the interview date?

Depends on the backlog at the interviewing consulate.  Some consulates send out appointment slots within weeks of DQ.  Some others take more than 1 year.

3 minutes ago, 1380anthony said:

How fast can one get interview letter and how much one has to wait for the interview date? My NVC review should be in less than 2 weeks

Depends on the consulate. 

I was tracking my consulate and interview letters were being sent out once a month around the 14-17th.

But then I got an interview letter at a totally unexpected time... So, you never know. 

I would look at the average time of DQ to interview to know how big the backlog is because although I go the IL before expected my interview time is within the regular DQ to interview time.... 

On 6/30/2022 at 9:24 AM, haroutk said:

I didn't get anywhere by calling them. I was referred to sending them an email, which I did.

I am thinking this was sent in error because I don't see anything in my application to indicate I don't live in Canada or can't travel to Canada. If I don't hear back from them quickly, I am going to resubmit my passport with a note stating I am resubmitting due to the comment provided and should satisfy their request.

If anyone is in the same boat or hears anything further, please share.

I come with good news. I submitted my citizenship card and requested tax information and I got documentarily qualified on July 5! I fully expected to wait 2.5-3 months for the next update.

Now we wait for an interview date. Can anyone share the current interview date wait time for Montreal? I'm having trouble finding again the page with that information.

Edited by haroutk

35 minutes ago, haroutk said:

I come with good news. I submitted my citizenship card and requested tax information and I got documentarily qualified on July 5! I fully expected to wait 2.5-3 months for the next update.

Now we wait for an interview date. Can anyone share the current interview date wait time for Montreal? I'm having trouble finding again the page with that 

This is best news 😄I have same case they asked for proof of status in Canada. I submitted on 30th June as well. Let's see if I am lucky too . 😊.  

@haroutk congratulations, hopefully my wife & I are in a similar boat. We're expecting to wait the 2.5-3 months for our re-submitted NZ police check

So I heard back from NVC today, and got the DQ email/notification!  Original submission was Jan 7-12, and got the first FE note on April 1 to add a household member for the petitioner.  I am the immigrant and was using my own income on the petitioners I864, as i will keep my job when I move to the US.  Responded to the FE on April 28 and also decided to add a joint sponsor and his household member to CEAC.  Submitted these documents from April 28-May 4. 

Heard back from NVC on July 12, and got a second FE note.  Our lawyer had made an error when uploading the joint sponsors I864, and the pdf file that was uploaded included an I864A.  NVC wanted the i864 to be submitted by itself.  Resubmitted the correct document on July 13, and was DQ on July 14.  Interestingly, NVC removed my documents as HH member, and just kept the joint sponsor and his spouse.  

Considering myself very fortunate that I skipped a whole 80 day review period.  Now the wait begins for an interview at the HK consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/13/2022 at 11:08 PM, haroutk said:

Now we wait for an interview date. Can anyone share the current interview date wait time for Montreal? I'm having trouble finding again the page with that information.

About 3 months after DQ. But by looking at timelines it looks like it’s slowly increasing 😔 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

3 hours ago, hmedxz said:

Hi everyone, 

So I submitted all my documents on April 17, 2022. I haven't yet been DQ yet. Everything has been paid for and completed/submitted.

Is anyone else on the same boat?

Thanks!

image.png

Odd, the NVC website says “As of 11-Jul-22, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 26-Apr-22.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.