texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I submitted my CR-1 and IR-2 Affidavit or Support and IV today on April 4th. Current case review time is 84 calendar days so I expect to hear something by 6/27. I do have an expedite under review since my wife and daughter are Ukrainian.

Edited by texastincup

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

Hi! Wishing you the fastest process with NVC, and your expedite request is definitely going to be approved, fingers crossed for you! I hope your family is safe, sending you positive and good vibes.

Following this thread as well, as we are submitting our docs to NVC this week too, so hopefully a response by end of June! 

Hi! Just curiosity: Does anyone know if NVC reviews & qualify K1 documents quicker than for CR1? As an example for Switzerland I’ve seen the NVC DQ K1 applications, and send it to embassy in less than two weeks from submission date. Thank you!

Edited by MSC2021

25 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

Does anyone know if NVC reviews & qualify K1 documents quicker than for CR1?

There is no NVC review of K1 documents because K1 applicants do not need to upload any documents to NVC.  For K1 cases, NVC only serves to hold the case files from USCIS until interview slots become available at the consulate for that batch of K1 cases.  At that time, NVC transfers the cases to the consulate.  No review necessary, just a wait for the consulate to say, "I'm ready for the next batch.  Gimme!"  Because consulates have different levels of backlog for K1 cases, the wait time to get transferred out of NVC varies widely by consulate.

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

There is no NVC review of K1 documents because K1 applicants do not need to upload any documents to NVC.  For K1 cases, NVC only serves to hold the case files from USCIS until interview slots become available at the consulate for that batch of K1 cases.  At that time, NVC transfers the cases to the consulate.  No review necessary, just a wait for the consulate to say, "I'm ready for the next batch.  Gimme!"  Because consulates have different levels of backlog for K1 cases, the wait time to get transferred out of NVC varies widely by consulate.

Thank you so much for the explanation, really appreciate it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We are almost ready to submit our NVC documents but are confused by the photographs we need to upload since CEAC only allows one file per upload and it is asking for 'PhotographS' plural. We have one passport photo file of the applicant which is acceptable size/resolution but I'm wondering if we should upload it twice,  once in required documents and once in optional? Also the petitioner is not required to submit a photo, correct? 

1 hour ago, greenparrot said:

We are almost ready to submit our NVC documents but are confused by the photographs we need to upload since CEAC only allows one file per upload and it is asking for 'PhotographS' plural. We have one passport photo file of the applicant which is acceptable size/resolution but I'm wondering if we should upload it twice,  once in required documents and once in optional? Also the petitioner is not required to submit a photo, correct? 

I do not believe the petitioner has to submit a photo for that part of the process, we did not! I know the applicant also have to bring 2x passport photos at the embassy interview, so I assume it is OK to upload one passport photo online under required documents. Maybe would be good to have a second opinion..! here a link with some more detailed info:
 https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/frequently-asked-questions.html

4 hours ago, greenparrot said:

We have one passport photo file of the applicant which is acceptable size/resolution but I'm wondering if we should upload it twice,  once in required documents and once in optional?

Only 1 file upload required for passport-style photo of beneficiary.  No need to upload it twice.  You do not want to risk confusing the NVC reviewer.  Just ignore the plural label.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you for answering my question,  I deleted the second copy of the photo in optional documents and we submitted all documents to NVC yesterday. 

We submitted all the documents April, 3 2022. Realized this weekend the Korean PCC had a serious error so I had to obtain a new one. Resubmitted PCC in "other" section April 11, 2022. 

Last week, it was taking 84 days. This week they state 82 days. Hopefully processing times will continue to decrease. 

Good luck everyone! 

Has anyone had any errors with their information at NVC? I have 2 issues right now. 

1. My husband's CEAC profile has the wrong country listed. He was born in one country (which is the one listed on his NVC profile), but moved as a child and is now a citizen and resident of New Zealand. Our application contained only NZ information/addresses/passport. I called the NVC to have them update it and had to submit a public enquiry form with proof (which was already part of the I-130) to show that we need to have the interview in NZ.  

2. NVC said when they update his information we'll get a new case number, as they're based off the countries/consulates. When they were trying to explain how the wrong country may have happened they quoted a previous US address I was using as their contact address. I've since updated it with the USCIS and have received mail from the USCIS to this new address. So I'm not sure why the NVC is now trying to use the old address. 

Is anyone experiencing anything similar? What did you do to solve it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.