texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So as you all know, we got approved a conditional expedite In April that once DQ they’d send our cases to MTL for expedited processing. 

My daughter got an FE for one missing document Thursday, and Friday I myself got DQ. I emailed NVC to request expedite on my daughters case at nvc level so we can keep our cases together.

I got a response saying they can not expedite at NVC level and that they would keep both cases at NVC until my daughter is also DQ. 
Now today I got an email with MY case number stating my case has been approved for expedited processing and they are sending it straight to the consulate. 

I wonder if they got our two cases mixed up and meant to send my daughters to the consulate? Our numbers are off by 1 digit. 

And of course, there is no one to call. I emailed NVC back and replied straight from their email asking if they meant my case or my daughters. 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

8 hours ago, ClemsonC said:

So as you all know, we got approved a conditional expedite In April that once DQ they’d send our cases to MTL for expedited processing. 

My daughter got an FE for one missing document Thursday, and Friday I myself got DQ. I emailed NVC to request expedite on my daughters case at nvc level so we can keep our cases together.

I got a response saying they can not expedite at NVC level and that they would keep both cases at NVC until my daughter is also DQ. 
Now today I got an email with MY case number stating my case has been approved for expedited processing and they are sending it straight to the consulate. 

I wonder if they got our two cases mixed up and meant to send my daughters to the consulate? Our numbers are off by 1 digit. 

And of course, there is no one to call. I emailed NVC back and replied straight from their email asking if they meant my case or my daughters. 

I'm thinking they mean your daughters... hoping the mean your daughters. 

Have you checked case status at CEAC "visa status check" 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

I'm thinking they mean your daughters... hoping the mean your daughters. 

Have you checked case status at CEAC "visa status check" 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

I checked and it says “In Transit”, so they definitely sent mine.

No change on hers. 

I emailed the consulate asking for further clarification on what can be done now 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

We submitted April 18, 2022 and received bad news today☹️

There's a Case Document Review Note requesting proof of eligibility to have the visa interview in Canada. I'm the applicant, a citizen (born abroad), and living in Canada. My passport was submitted as a document that proves my citizenship. What else are they looking for?

"The Canadian Consulate requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Currently, Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas and work visas are accepted for the Canadian eligibility requirement. Please submit this proof."

We also received Case FE Review note due to a tiny interest income (less than $20) my wife received I wasn't aware of and didn't realize the form sent from the bank needed to be a part of the package. 

"Please submit every 2021 1099 form" for the Sponsor

Edited by haroutk

17 minutes ago, haroutk said:

We submitted April 18, 2022 and received bad news today☹️

There's a Case Document Review Note requesting proof of eligibility to have the visa interview in Canada. I'm the applicant, a citizen (born abroad), and living in Canada. My passport was submitted as a document that proves my citizenship. What else are they looking for?

"The Canadian Consulate requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Currently, Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas and work visas are accepted for the Canadian eligibility requirement. Please submit this proof."

We also received Case FE Review note due to a tiny interest income (less than $20) my wife received I wasn't aware of and didn't realize the form sent from the bank needed to be a part of the package. 

"Please submit every 2021 1099 form" for the Sponsor

Are you a Canadian citizen or a citizen of another country?

You'll need to submit the required documents Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas and work visas.. 

If you are a Canadian citizen re-submit your Canadian passport stating you are a Canadian citizen and requesting a transfer to Montreal. Another member had a denial of transfer to French consulate because proof of citizenship was not sufficient they also needed to show proof of residency (an address) so maybe also send in some type of mail you receive/proof of address in Canada... if you are a citizen of Canada. 

Edited by ROK2USA

30 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Are you a Canadian citizen or a citizen of another country?

You'll need to submit the required documents Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas and work visas.. 

If you are a Canadian citizen re-submit your Canadian passport stating you are a Canadian citizen and requesting a transfer to Montreal. Another member had a denial of transfer to French consulate because proof of citizenship was not sufficient they also needed to show proof of residency (an address) so maybe also send in some type of mail you receive... if you are a citizen of Canada. 

I am a Canadian citizen and my NVC home page shows "INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL"

I am going to call the Montreal consulate in the morning and see if they can provide any information on this since NVC has suspended their phone service.

4 minutes ago, haroutk said:

I am a Canadian citizen and my NVC home page shows "INTERVIEW LOCATION:    MONTREAL"

I am going to call the Montreal consulate in the morning and see if they can provide any information on this since NVC has suspended their phone service.

What is your NVC number does it start with MTL or another three letters...

14 minutes ago, haroutk said:

I got same RFE as well my lawyer suggest me to send proof of residence as i am living here in Canada since last 10 years. please let me know as well if you got any information from Montreal consulate. 

11 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

What is your NVC number does it start with MTL or another three letters...

It starts with MTL

Just now, Ukk122 said:

I got same RFE as well my lawyer suggest me to send proof of residence as i am living here in Canada since last 10 years. please let me know as well if you got any information from Montreal consulate. 

I will share an update here!

5 hours ago, Cmr95 said:

My wife and kid just got DQed!!! Submitted April 19. Good luck everyone 🙏

Congratulations! I submitted my last document on the 19th of April. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC. Just out of curiosity, did you submit all documents the same day or on separate days? I submitted my documents on different days but the last document was submitted on the 19th. I'm wondering if this will affect my DQ. Any thoughts on this?

9 hours ago, Emenaik007 said:

Congratulations! I submitted my last document on the 19th of April. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC. Just out of curiosity, did you submit all documents the same day or on separate days? I submitted my documents on different days but the last document was submitted on the 19th. I'm wondering if this will affect my DQ. Any thoughts on this?

I submitted some on the 18th and the rest of it on the 19th ... I do not think that submitting with different dates will matter. If i am not mistaken, they take in consideration the date you submitted yr last Req Doc

Edited by Cmr95

12 hours ago, haroutk said:

It starts with MTL

I will share an update here!

I didn't get anywhere by calling them. I was referred to sending them an email, which I did.

I am thinking this was sent in error because I don't see anything in my application to indicate I don't live in Canada or can't travel to Canada. If I don't hear back from them quickly, I am going to resubmit my passport with a note stating I am resubmitting due to the comment provided and should satisfy their request.

If anyone is in the same boat or hears anything further, please share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.