Jakek2525

Vaccination requirements for K1 visa

64 posts in this topic

So the counselor officer sent off for a advisory opinion on if the covid requirements could be waived because of the fact that my fiancee is currently breastfeeding.   But it clearly says on the CDC website K visa applicants are not required to receive vaccination at medical exam.  I did not see this until we got home that evening.  You would think this would be common knowledge to the  councilor official?

Not sure what to do at this point.   I really need to get back to the US to get back to work to support my family.  He said it could take up to 3 weeks for this advisory opinion. I will try and ask a lawyer then write the embassy.  Hopefully they will issue this visa.

20220414_100816.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I may be missing it but where does it mention breastfeeding?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 hours ago, Jakek2525 said:

very helpful info !
So , Covid vaccine is not required for K1 applicants in order to complete their interview and to enter USA..

Have you tried contacting your congressman/senator as someone suggested above?

it’s kind of upsetting that Embassy’s are not following guidelines..

Edited by Natafaith

4 hours ago, Jakek2525 said:

I contacted the CDC they sent me information stating the K1 is exempt from vaccines including Covid until adjustment of status in US.   I sent all of it along with Video to embassy.   They replied, thank you for the information but we are waiting on reply from department of state.

How will she travel to the USA, will you be renting a private jet?  I'm not aware of any airline allowing non vaccinated travelers with non immigrant visa. 

20 hours ago, Jakek2525 said:

I contacted the CDC they sent me information stating the K1 is exempt from vaccines including Covid until adjustment of status in US.   I sent all of it along with Video to embassy.   They replied, thank you for the information but we are waiting on reply from department of state.

Hope it will work out for your fiancé!

let us know the outcome , it will be big help , as my fiancé don’t want Covid vaccine too ..

On 3/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, Jakek2525 said:

We meet all the requirements for the exemption.  My only hope is they will extend it.  We pick up our medical exam papers on Wednesday in Luxembourg.   We have received NOA2 and are having NVC transfer our case to the  Belgium Embassy.   We also have our 3 month old son with us who fortunately got his CRBA and passport in Kyiv before things went south.

Hi, how did you transfer your case to another Embassy? What did you do for this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

please cease hijacking this thread with your own questions - if you have any further questions beyond those
already posted, please start your own thread.

charles

vj moderation

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.