AnnaCa

W2 requirement

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi guys,

our documents at NVC was approved the other day, but we got this message requesting a w-2. From my understanding from the requirements of proof is that if you filed single a w-2 isn’t necessary (we weren’t married until Jan of 2021, therefore filing single for 2020)

Does anyone have any input on this? 

F105CD82-3814-4EA5-B209-F2532953EFBE.jpeg

98445FB4-0D25-45AF-8D48-7C5D47DA5064.jpeg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Did you submit the tax return transcript or a copy of actual tax return?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
38 minutes ago, arken said:

Did you submit the tax return transcript or a copy of actual tax return?

Yes, the IRS tax transcript that they want us to submit 

It's very common to have this request for evidence, and it does seem like it shouldn't be necessary.

Your options are:

1. Contact NVC, put in a complaint/query and wait for a response for a few months. At the end, they could accept and move on, or tell you to upload a W2 and you'll wait 3 months after that for review.

2. Upload your W2 and wait 3 months from now.

I had the same thing, uploaded a transcript and then had to upload W2 and 1099

Timeline
On 3/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, ohiohopeful said:

It's very common to have this request for evidence, and it does seem like it shouldn't be necessary.

Your options are:

1. Contact NVC, put in a complaint/query and wait for a response for a few months. At the end, they could accept and move on, or tell you to upload a W2 and you'll wait 3 months after that for review.

2. Upload your W2 and wait 3 months from now.

I had the same thing, uploaded a transcript and then had to upload W2 and 1099

Did you file taxes as married filing jointly or MFS?

10 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Did you file taxes as married filing jointly or MFS?

We filed jointly, of course I understand that the original post is asking about filing separately, but the NVC will ask for whatever it wants, and you're the one waiting for a visa in the meantime

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ohiohopeful said:

We filed jointly, of course I understand that the original post is asking about filing separately, but the NVC will ask for whatever it wants, and you're the one waiting for a visa in the meantime

So do you recommend submitting W2s/1099 too along with IRS transcripts in case of MFS?

On 3/25/2022 at 2:45 PM, Kuchiki said:

So do you recommend submitting W2s/1099 too along with IRS transcripts in case of MFS?

If you've already submitted, I don't know. If you haven't submitted yet, or have only just submitted, I think it's worth it to cover all bases

5 minutes ago, Kuchiki said:

We did end up submitting just to be safe.

I think you're smart to have done so, good luck with the application

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.