Kuchiki

urgent help needed!

12 posts in this topic

I used adobe pro. I already had it so no cost to me.

or install "pdfedit995". it has a free version that has ads. With this you can combine and split pdfs (combine/extract tab) and compress pdfs (web view tab)

You can print to pdf and tweaks the printer settings, works sometimes.

Alternatively you can google "compress pdf". 

You will find multiple sites online that provide this service for free.

I have used/tested all the options above at different times in the past.

Edited by randy32

Timeline
20 minutes ago, randy32 said:

I used adobe pro. I already had it so no cost to me.

or install "pdfedit995". it has a free version that has ads. With this you can combine and split pdfs (combine/extract tab) and compress pdfs (web view tab)

You can print to pdf and tweaks the printer settings, works sometimes.

Alternatively you can google "compress pdf". 

You will find multiple sites online that provide this service for free.

I have used/tested all the options above at different times in the past.

I don't want to use the free sites to compress the AOS as it has SSN. There could be a risk of identity theft. Wanna avoid that by installing a software. I tried with ADOBE pro but the size does not come down to 2MB. It is stuck at 2.5 MB.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kuchiki said:

I don't want to use the free sites to compress the AOS as it has SSN. There could be a risk of identity theft. Wanna avoid that by installing a software. I tried with ADOBE pro but the size does not come down to 2MB. It is stuck at 2.5 MB.

Perhaps compress the version without the SSN and then add an SSN to that version?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Perhaps compress the version without the SSN and then add an SSN to that version?

That I can tell you will not work.

Compressed files are flat files and can't be easily edited

3 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

You might have to use multiple options then but there is only so much you can do before the quality gets bad.

How did you save the document the first time? Trying to get the file with less resolution. Maybe scan in as black and white not colored.

I will let someone else chime in but the methods I listed above have worked for me.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, randy32 said:

You might have to use multiple options then but there is only so much you can do before the quality gets bad.

How did you save the document the first time? Trying to get the file with less resolution. Maybe scan in as black and white not colored.

I will let someone else chime in but the methods I listed above have worked for me.

Will try the black n white option. Thanks for the help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, randy32 said:

I’ve yet to find a PDF file I could not edit with Mac Preview.  Of course if one is using a Mac, reducing the size of PDFs is straightforward … have never been thwarted in the task to get the pdf below a specific size though sometimes one has to resort to arcane processes.   

1 hour ago, randy32 said:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

I864 is not being compressed below 2.5 MB what to do? Any software suggestions?

Print to file and I believe it should do it.

Compressing the document might make it unreadable 

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

I understand your concerns but I do believe Adobe has an online reducer that's free, you just have to login. I reduced the file size, downloaded my docs, then went to my adobe account and deleted them from there...and so far so good. Rightly or wrongly, I tend to trust Adobe more than say reducemyfile.com or some such place. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

As @etrangais stated, print the file.

Fill out all the entries, then select print.  For a printer, select PDF or PDF file.

Timeline
5 hours ago, PGA said:

I understand your concerns but I do believe Adobe has an online reducer that's free, you just have to login. I reduced the file size, downloaded my docs, then went to my adobe account and deleted them from there...and so far so good. Rightly or wrongly, I tend to trust Adobe more than say reducemyfile.com or some such place. 

Thank you! Will try that option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.