2,967 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, e_xterrixx said:

My journey is finally coming to an end. Today USCIS is producing my new card (I-485).

Timeline:

Filed I360: 9/23/2019
I360 approval: 1/19/2022. 

Filed I-485: 11/16/2020

1st RFE for 485 for birth certificate: 3/9/2022

I485 Deficiency Notice for Medicals: 3/29/2022

2nd RFE for Medicals: 9/3/2022

Medicals sent: 9/10/2022

New card produced: today 9/16/2022

Thanks for all the support on this group.

Congratulations! So happy for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Does this mean what I think it means?

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.10.41 AM.png

Congratulations 🎊  please can you share your timeline? 

Just now, Julie15 said:

Congratulations 🎊  please can you share your timeline? 

I can't believe. Does this mean I got approved and next step is green card interview? I double checked the case number it looks right and the timeline seems proper but I will not believe it until I see the document. I actually can't also believe I am sharing my timeline right not but it is as follows:

Applied Sept. 25, 2020

2 Prima Facies

No RFE

Approved Sept 15, 2022

At least that's what above says

2 hours ago, e_xterrixx said:

My journey is finally coming to an end. Today USCIS is producing my new card (I-485).

Timeline:

Congratulations 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

I can't believe. Does this mean I got approved and next step is green card interview? I double checked the case number it looks right and the timeline seems proper but I will not believe it until I see the document. I actually can't also believe I am sharing my timeline right not but it is as follows:

Applied Sept. 25, 2020

2 Prima Facies

No RFE

Approved Sept 15, 2022

At least that's what above says

Congratulations once again and thanks for your response 😌 

3 hours ago, e_xterrixx said:

Timeline:

Congratulations!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, Varna said:

I today learnt many things about mandamus after several consultations with various attorneys, I filed VAWA in 2020 when the processing times were only 11-14 months and later increased to around 21 months in 2021 and now 26 months. Means I dont wait 26months and that USCIS processing times are never accurate. They have merely increased these processing times closer to 2 yrs to avoid such law suits against them. 

With all due respect I waited for more than 2 years, now I fear looking at other cases and dont find a definitive timeline for decision. I have suffered enough, waited enough and been through a lot and I was this trauma to end. I took many chances in life and survived this far, I am going to take my final chance with this case and file mandamus. I am positive I will hear back soemthing by end of year and keep you posted.

Hope my path gives guidance to others who need the relief too.

Thanks to @shiva3 who first put this thought into me

I have cases pending from 2019.You filed in 2020, it's not outside of normal processing time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Section12 said:

Hello friends.  My vawa case is out of normal processing time and under security check.    I have asked my lawyer many times for help but he keeps telling me to wait because they won't make a decision until my security check will be completed and there is no point in writing to the Vermont center.  Has anyone had the same situation?  And did the congressman actually help you?  I know that the congressman also will replies to me that my case is going to the security check and what is the solution in this case?  Has anyone helped the congressman to exceed the deadline?  I have been waiting for my decision for 36 months.  They never asked for additional evidence

Idk but I think the easy way to USCIS don’t take any action is saying our case are under security background! I’m from 2018 and all the time they answer saying that ! 
I’m done I’ve try all the helps and now I spent 5k for mandamus 😭🙏

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

I have cases pending from 2019.You filed in 2020, it's not outside of normal processing time.

Hi @sandranj Yes in comparision we can call it in normal processing time. I filed in 2020 when the processing time was around 14 months or so, lets say tomorrow USCIS updates the  website says "Processing time is 36 months", means waiting another 1 year is still normal.  How is this metrics being measured? In that case how are people from late 2020 and few cases from early 2021 being approved?

17 hours ago, Section12 said:

Hello friends.  My vawa case is out of normal processing time and under security check.    I have asked my lawyer many times for help but he keeps telling me to wait because they won't make a decision until my security check will be completed and there is no point in writing to the Vermont center.  Has anyone had the same situation?  And did the congressman actually help you?  I know that the congressman also will replies to me that my case is going to the security check and what is the solution in this case?  Has anyone helped the congressman to exceed the deadline?  I have been waiting for my decision for 36 months.  They never asked for additional evidence

I have been waiting 33 months now. Not being asked about additional evidence, had one RFe for good moral character. Sent multiple letters to USCIS, no responses or received generic ones that my case is pending or there are unresolved issues. Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman never helped. They tried to find out whats going on but failed so far. USCIS has never mentioned that my i360 is under security or background check. I'm thinking about filing mandamus writ. So far I keep writing letters to USCIS and emails to Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I have been waiting 33 months now. Not being asked about additional evidence, had one RFe for good moral character. Sent multiple letters to USCIS, no responses or received generic ones that my case is pending or there are unresolved issues. Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman never helped. They tried to find out whats going on but failed so far. USCIS has never mentioned that my i360 is under security or background check. I'm thinking about filing mandamus writ. So far I keep writing letters to USCIS and emails to Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman. 

What’s your local office ? 
idk what’s going on but I’ve been waiting since 2018 my local office Newark

hope our cases got resolved very soon 🙏🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, e_xterrixx said:

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

10 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Does this mean what I think it means?

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke (which no one has upvoted) worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.