2,967 posts in this topic

Do you guys think I’ll get the same interview questions at the US embassy for the immigrant visa as those of the Adjustments of status interview? 

I don’t know what kind of questions I should be expecting, like am I going to have to explain the abuse and tell the whole story? Because that’s painful and it’s a long story of a 6 year relationship 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, Chloeave said:

I already have the C9 EAD until 2023 . And my i485 has been at the local office since 2019. 

so I guess I’m just getting an approval letter 🤷🏻‍♀️? .

When you filed VAWA your file went to Vermont from the local office.  Your file will then be transferred to NBC and then follow normal processing.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

8 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Do you guys think I’ll get the same interview questions at the US embassy for the immigrant visa as those of the Adjustments of status interview? 

I don’t know what kind of questions I should be expecting, like am I going to have to explain the abuse and tell the whole story? Because that’s painful and it’s a long story of a 6 year relationship 

Technically they are not suppose to ask you anything related to abuse. It should be yes/no questions on i-485.

However, some officers did ask about the abuse in the past. If you are uncomfortable with those then you can always request to speak with supervisor. 

Edited by balo101

13 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Technically they are not suppose to ask you anything related to abuse. It should yes/no questions on i-485.

However, officers did ask about the abuse. If you uncomfortable with those then you can always request to speak with supervisor. 

Mine is going to be an interview for an immigrant visa at the US embassy, not an I-485 adjust of status.. so I’m worried about how different it will be than the interview you guys have in the US. I’m expecting anything but I just wish someone who had the same experience would share insights 

just anxious about what kind of questions they will be asking. Doing the vawa process outside the US is beyond stressful. 

Edited by J2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday and therefore time for our tension-relieving Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================
A GOOD DEED

An old man was critically ill.  Feeling that death was near, he called his lawyer.  "I want to become a lawyer.  How much is it for the express degree that you told me about?"

"It's $50,000," the lawyer said.  "But why?  You'll be dead soon, so why do you want to become a lawyer?"

"That's my business!  Get me the course!"

Four days later, the old man got his law degree.  His lawyer was at his bedside, making sure that his bill would be paid.

Suddenly the old man was wracked with fits of coughing, and it was clear that this would be the end.  Still curious, the lawyer leaned over and said, "Please, before it's too late, tell me why you wanted to get a law degree so badly before you died."

In a faint whisper, as he breathed his last, the old man said, "One less lawyer..."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 6/24/2022 at 4:20 PM, Double said:

Tracked my I-485 through the self-service center after 4 months of VAWA approval and it’s still in Vermont (numbers ending in VSC).

To those that received green card approvals without the interview, was your I-485 transferred to a local field office or processed through Vermont? Wondering why there’s a delay. 😞 

Probably background check or smth like that. Mine was approved 2.5 years ago and it's still in Vermont due to background check and noone knows when it will be transferred to the local office . 

2 hours ago, Cartdeb said:

Guys my lawyer submitted my VAWA application along with the adjustment of status, work permit and travel doc since March 25 but we are yet to receive a receipt notice. She said that it could be due to the fact that we requested a fee waiver for the adjustment of status. Is this normal ? 

Lately for some people it is taking longer. However, give it few more weeks then contact your congress person. Last year i applied for my renewal of AP/EAD. I did not get my receipts until i had to reach out to my congressman after 60 days. 

2 hours ago, Cartdeb said:

Guys my lawyer submitted my VAWA application along with the adjustment of status, work permit and travel doc since March 25 but we are yet to receive a receipt notice. She said that it could be due to the fact that we requested a fee waiver for the adjustment of status. Is this normal ? 

Honestly it could be that. If you seek a fee waiver, the fee waiver gets reviewed before they do anything else. If it gets approved they will accept these applications for processing and send you the receipts. If it gets denied they will put everything back in an envelope and send it back to you.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Cartdeb said:

They process fee waiver before they issue I-485, I-765, and I-131, but that does not have anything to do with I-360.  It is not uncommon for 3-4 month wait for receipt notices.   

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

18 hours ago, Cartdeb said:

I have submitted my I-360 in July 2021 and got my NOA1 (receipt notice) in November 2021 

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:25 AM, tashay said:

So I had a permit up until last April it expired,did biometrics and still no update.

Been without my permit from then.

My 1360 was approved in March.

Before it approve they said they requested new card.Its almost 2 months and I am still without any of the cards

I can't check or track the card because there is no tracking on information for it.

It's the same receipt number for the i360.

I need to work but I cant,cause I have no card.

Screenshot_20220402-205803_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220317-080641_Chrome.jpg

Sorry for that. 

You can only get the tracking number when your online status gets an update as:  "new card was mailed"

33 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

Here's my journey, When i started my journey i was lost i did not what to do. Even after filling vawa my abuse continued it did not stop for me what i did when i was helpless i kept on writing to vermont and inquired about my case through congress because i knew i deserve nothing but victory. Truth will always have victory i believed in my GOD AND HE LOOKED AT ME TODAY. 

June 27, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced
April 1, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
January 26, 2021 We received your response for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
December 21, 2020 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
October 9, 2020 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

20 months for your I360, wow! I connect to this testimony! Congratulations!

Edited by BollyB

1 hour ago, HustlingStill said:

Here's my journey, When i started my journey i was lost i did not what to do. Even after filling vawa my abuse continued it did not stop for me what i did when i was helpless i kept on writing to vermont and inquired about my case through congress because i knew i deserve nothing but victory. Truth will always have victory i believed in my GOD AND HE LOOKED AT ME TODAY. 

June 27, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced
April 1, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
January 26, 2021 We received your response for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
December 21, 2020 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
October 9, 2020 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Congratulations. Happy for you!

It's coming soon those who are still waiting. patience is the key!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.