Hello all ,

I come here to follow up on my case . I made dit y’all 😭
my case finally approved 

timeline :

i-360 received 12/11/2019

rfe : 03/08/22

Rfe received : 6/2/22

approved : 6/24/22

thank you all for this forum it is truly a great help and support.

it says my card is produced but what am I receiving exactly ? The i-485 hasn’t been approved yet 

congratulations 

Hello everyone 

Please I need advice. I am overwhelmed and heavy hearted. My lawyer filed only i360 and C31 class for me. I thought the C31 was for ead like the Co9 till my friend told me it was ead that comes when vawa is approved. December she filed i485 and i765 c09 class. But I never got receipt notice. I did congress inquiry and uscus responded that the only cases they have are the i360 and c31. So I found out that my lawyer sent the i485 and i765 c09 class to Texas field office instead of Vermont. I applied for a fee waiver. Till now the documents were not traced ,no receipt numbers . Congress inquiry yielded nothing. So we have decided to refile everything and send to Vermont. I want to know please when she sends it does she need add a cover letter to explain I already have i360 and to merge the cases together ,do we need to add the receipt notice of the i360. Or does she just send the forms only and they would be able to merge them? Please does anyone know how long it takes to get C09 from Vermont vawa office ? I am facing severe hardship so I hope it comes out faster because the lawyer said it takes up to 12 months.

7 hours ago, sandranj said:

You can even travel abroad with your Advance parole .Your lawyer seems clueless about immigration Law.If you are not in removal proceedings or filed asylum you can go  anywhere you want ok.

Omg !! My lawyer told me same thing. I am absolutely submitting application for adjustment ,work permit and advance parole. My lawyer said I violated my be status by over staying. That even if I travel with the advance parole ,I wont be let in because I am an overstay.

16 minutes ago, Angelmia said:

Omg !! My lawyer told me same thing. I am absolutely submitting application for adjustment ,work permit and advance parole. My lawyer said I violated my be status by over staying. That even if I travel with the advance parole ,I wont be let in because I am an overstay.

I don’t know what your situation is nor if your petition has already been approved or not but an overstay is a huge issue when you leave the States. You can be barred from reentering the States up to 10 years. Overstay is a reason for inadmissibility.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chloeave said:

my case finally approved

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke worked again... joke worked again...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 6/20/2022 at 8:50 PM, charmander22 said:

Hi I've been silently yet religiously following the treads since part 23. 

The posts help me working up the courage to get my life back, so thank you all 🙏 

Here I have some questions about traveling, hope you can enlighten me with your insight. 

My application was filed in May, and I just received the courtesy receipt copies through my lawyer. 

Last year before sending out the packet, my lawyer suggested me not to travel even WITHIN STATES as I have been out of status. By the time, she said it would be safer for me to travel after receiving the receipt notice. Now having the receipts, she again strongly suggested me to stay put, reasoning "if someone investigates your visa and see you're out of status that could be very unpleasant for you."

Will there really be a risk for me to travel within states? 

Doesn't I-485 pending applicants have the legal right to stay in US? So technically I'm no longer out of status? 

Since we're on the topic of traveling, I also have some questions regarding the Advanced Parole.

When we sent out the application, we didn't include the I-131 form for AP. At the time, my lawyer told me I have to pay the filing fee around $500-ish, which I did not have, and also I was too scared to be denied entry because of the 10-year ban. Recently, I saw several VAWA petitioners with AP shared that they successfully traveled back without any issue. I haven't been back to my country for 8 years, was in the abusive relationship for 5, and my family had no idea what I had been through. It would really mean a lot if I am able to visit. 

My question is-- am I still able to apply for the AP? When should I do so? Do I have to pay for the application?

Thank you in advanced! 

You can travel within States with your State ID or driver license if they are still valid and you should take all supporting documents to prove that you have a pending case such as your case notice. Since you are an overstay and out of status, you will have to protect yourself by showing these documents, because normally for internationals, we have to take the visa and supporting documents to travel within the States just in case we are asked to prove identity and status. If your ID Is invalid, passport is invalid and visa has expired, you probably should not risk it. 

for example, international students have to take their visa + i20 within States just in case, even if we use our ID to travel. 

As for traveling abroad, your situation is risky. I think it is wise to stay in the States even if U have an advance parole, just till the petition is decided. It’s not worth the 10 year bar or any issues triggered by the overstay. 

Ask an experienced lawyer, or ask on Avvo, many experienced attorneys answer questions for free on that platform. 

Good luck 🍀 

Edited by J2020

Tracked my I-485 through the self-service center after 4 months of VAWA approval and it’s still in Vermont (numbers ending in VSC).

To those that received green card approvals without the interview, was your I-485 transferred to a local field office or processed through Vermont? Wondering why there’s a delay. 😞 

1 hour ago, Angelmia said:

Hello everyone 

Please I need advice. I am overwhelmed and heavy hearted. My lawyer filed only i360 and C31 class for me. I thought the C31 was for ead like the Co9 till my friend told me it was ead that comes when vawa is approved. December she filed i485 and i765 c09 class. But I never got receipt notice. I did congress inquiry and uscus responded that the only cases they have are the i360 and c31. So I found out that my lawyer sent the i485 and i765 c09 class to Texas field office instead of Vermont. I applied for a fee waiver. Till now the documents were not traced ,no receipt numbers . Congress inquiry yielded nothing. So we have decided to refile everything and send to Vermont. I want to know please when she sends it does she need add a cover letter to explain I already have i360 and to merge the cases together ,do we need to add the receipt notice of the i360. Or does she just send the forms only and they would be able to merge them? Please does anyone know how long it takes to get C09 from Vermont vawa office ? I am facing severe hardship so I hope it comes out faster because the lawyer said it takes up to 12 months.

Just refile the new one to Vermont. You do not need to send VAWA receipt with it. Even if you do that's not gonna make any difference. You can send i-485, i-765 and i-131.

Vermont is taking almost 10 months to issue c09. However,  there are really fast lately. I have personally known someone got approved in 92 days. 

If you are facing hardship then let your congress person know and expedite. 

Edited by balo101

4 minutes ago, Double said:

Tracked my I-485 through the self-service center after 4 months of VAWA approval and it’s still in Vermont (numbers ending in VSC).

To those that received green card approvals without the interview, was your I-485 transferred to a local field office or processed through Vermont? Wondering why there’s a delay. 😞 

Vermont does not process the I-485 after vawa approval. 

It will definitely gets transferred to NBC for further reviews and adjudication. If an interview is needed, the file goes to your local office.

If not, NBC will just ask for the deficiency letter concerning your medical and then adjudicate your case. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Congratulations. 

You're now receiving the EAD card, C31category. 

After that, your form I-485 will be transferred to NBC for further reviews and adjudication. and if an interview is needed, then the form will be transferred to your local office. 

I already have the C9 EAD until 2023 . And my i485 has been at the local office since 2019. 

so I guess I’m just getting an approval letter 🤷🏻‍♀️? .

1 hour ago, Chloeave said:

I already have the C9 EAD until 2023 . And my i485 has been at the local office since 2019. 

so I guess I’m just getting an approval letter 🤷🏻‍♀️? .

It is an EAD,  C31 category If your case status,  after a vawa approval is updated as: card is being produced.

You will also receive an approval letter after that same  case status will also show that the case was approved. 

Most of us have two cards. 

CO9 and  C31 

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, Angelmia said:

Hello everyone 

If you refile you will end up with 2 applications.  The texas Field Office will see that you filed VAWA and transfer it to the Vermont Office.  It will still take 12 months to receive EAD.  You can only expedite application, if you have a job offer and they state you will lose the opportunity to work without your EAD.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Double said:

Vermont transfers your I-485 to NBC for clearance, and review.  Once it has been cleared then it is sent to your local office to schedule your interview.  Only your local office will say when they can send the file.  

Timeline
19 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Vermont does not process the I-485 after vawa approval. 

It will definitely gets transferred to NBC for further reviews and adjudication. If an interview is needed, the file goes to your local office.

If not, NBC will just ask for the deficiency letter concerning your medical and then adjudicate your case. 

The local office has jurisdiction over your file, and they will determine whether you have an interview or not, not NBC.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.