Jaswin

ADDRESS CHANGE (AR 11) by petitioner on behalf of IR1/IR2 beneficiaries. (merged)

21 posts in this topic

Hello Guys

Need help. After so long finally my spouse(IR1) and stepchild ( IR2) got visa. Visa will expire on 22nd july 2022. They are in overseas right now.

Stepchild turning 21 in 1 and half month. Does it require her to enter united states before she turns 21  or Does it matter..

Replies will be appreciated ...

Jasmine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Thanks Timona appreciated ur reply 

Also , there are only few weeks before my child turns 21 and she will enter US before that . And I am looking for a big place . And it very hard to get one in short notice. 

Can I rent a new home after they enter to US. Or i have to do it now and update CBP officer at the port of entry and USCIS.  

I am freaking out. Please advice...

Thanks 

Jasmine 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jaswin said:

Thanks Timona appreciated ur reply 

Also , there are only few weeks before my child turns 21 and she will enter US before that . And I am looking for a big place . And it very hard to get one in short notice. 

Can I rent a new home after they enter to US. Or i have to do it now and update CBP officer at the port of entry and USCIS.  

I am freaking out. Please advice...

Thanks 

Jasmine 

You  can use a friend or relative's mailing address for now and the update the address with USCIS later.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks for responding Pushbrk

Appreciated ...

Well can I keep my mailing address  as such which I mentioned with USCIS and DS260 form at the time of filing their petitions unless I get their green card and SSN card and keep my family in a hotel temporary until I get a bigger place. Once I get a new home I can then change my address online with USCIS . my present place is tiny place and not enough for 3 of us. I cannot keep my present mailing home address for long since I am paying a rental. I hope we will get green card and SSN card in 2 to 3 weeks . please  advice ...thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

So they will send to a relatives address.  My question     Does the Green Card recipient need to sign for the envelope?  Does anyone have to sign for the envelope? 

Also anyone have a current estimate of the time it is taking to receive the card once you enter the US as of February? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jaswin said:

I hope we will get green card and SSN card in 2 to 3 weeks

Plan to use an address while expecting GC in 1-2 months GC or more.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Thanks Arken

Well ..i just got a bigger place for my family ( having IR1/IR2 visa ) , arriving on march 15, 2022 in US.   

1. Should i change my address with USCIS online (AR-11) right now although my move-in  date is March 14th 2022 to a new home. Can I change it with USPS  online,  for mail forwarding from March 15th.

OR should i wait until my family arrive US and  move to a new home.

2.  should we update CBP officer at port of entry on March 15th 2022 about our new address ( since DS 260 has old address)

Replies would be appreciated from the Visa journey community...

Regards 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jaswin said:

Thanks Arken

Well ..i just got a bigger place for my family ( having IR1/IR2 visa ) , arriving on march 15, 2022 in US.   

1. Should i change my address with USCIS online (AR-11) right now although my move-in  date is March 14th 2022 to a new home. Can I change it with USPS  online,  for mail forwarding from March 15th.

OR should i wait until my family arrive US and  move to a new home.

2.  should we update CBP officer at port of entry on March 15th 2022 about our new address ( since DS 260 has old address)

Replies would be appreciated from the Visa journey community...

Regards 

You need to file the address change within 10 days after moving .. so wait on advising   USCIS  As sponsor,  you will use form I865. AR 11 is used by the LPR to notify of address change.. this will not be needed by your spouse this time as uscis  will be advised on entry .. 

Your spouse should update the address at POE. Then call USCIS a couple of weeks later and must check they have the new address in the system 

Edited by Lil bear

Thanks Lil

what does POE mean ? Does it mean Port of entry ?

1. Also , as a petitioner can i change address using AR-11 online form on behalf my spouse and child ,  although my spouse should update at the POE with CBP /DHS officer.

2. Since my family flying through United Airline from India which has a layover in New York for 2.5 hours and this is not the final destination , the final destination is Seattle , WA . Does this  location will be serve as a POE for my spouse, where she will get her I-155 green card stamped on her passport or at  the final destination in Seattle .

I am concerning ,she might miss her connection to Seattle if New York will serve her POE since there is only 2.5hrs of halt at New York.

Replies will be appreciated from this community .

Regards 

Edited by Jaswin

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Few comments:

You can file the change of address online for your beneficiaries. While they may provide the new address at POE, it's better to change it online as well with the uscis the very day they land in the US. You can mail your i865 to uscis at some free time.

Are there any transit between India and NYC flight? US has few immigration centers at different international airports that act as POE.

If it's a direct from India to NYC, NYC will be the POE where they will get the i551 stamp. 2.5 hrs transit time is a bit tight but they may be able to make it if it's not that crowded at the time. They have to clear the immigration, collect the baggage, checkin for Seattle flight and go through the security again.  Sometimes several international flights land at JFK within few minutes interval causing mayhem at the immigration while sometimes there will be very short lines.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Thanks Arlen

Your response will help a lot. 

Also what option ( Yes or No,. Please see below) , I have to choose when changing the address ( AR-11) online being a petitioner for my beneficiaries. They are entering first time in US and has no other petition or application pending with uscis EXCEPT receiving green card and Social security card once they arrive. Here is the question to answer before changing address online.

" Have you filed an immigration related applications or petition and have not yet, received a decision notice, card or document" ?

What should I answer ?  If I answer YES , there is a form number i have to select (may be in OS155A in this case). If I select NO , then there is no such form number drop down list appears , it get skipped) . Please help that..

Replies will be appreciated and will be useful to other members having same issue.

Regards 

Thanks for your time and consideration

Hello guys 

what option ( Yes or No,. Please see below) , I have to choose when changing the address ( AR-11) online being a petitioner for my beneficiaries. They are entering first time in US and has no other petition or application pending with uscis EXCEPT receiving green card and Social security card once they arrive. Here is the question to answer before changing address online and I havens hard time to select the option. Please help....

" Have you filed an immigration related applications or petition and have not yet, received a decision notice, card or document" ?

What should I answer to this question which begins at the start of the "Address Change (AR-11) Online  application ?  If I answer YES , there is a form number i have to select (may be in OS155A in this case). If I select NO , then there is no such form number from the drop down list,  it got ( it disappeared in that case) . Please help that..

Replies will be appreciated from the visa community 

Regards 

Thanks for your time and consideration

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.