Corgent

JANUARY 2022 NVC SUBMISSIONS

269 posts in this topic

IR2.

DQ'd today, but they asked for Petitioner's marriage certificate (this was submitted in USCIS U-130)

8 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

IR2.

DQ'd today, but they asked for Petitioner's marriage certificate (this was submitted in USCIS U-130)

Congratulations! 

When did you submit? 

Edited by ROK2USA

Good morning, guys. 

My name is Carlos and I have been doing this process for almost 6 months. my wife and I submitted all our documents, but the marriage certificate and birth certificate were declined by NVC saying this "Part of this document is missing or is difficult to read. Please replace this with a scan that shows the complete text of the document. Please ensure all sides of every page are scanned and visible. Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/scan for further guidance.We scaned properly and it was clear. We called NVC to request more details about their message, but they told us the same thing. Do you guys have any advise or if someone has gone through the same, can you guys help us?

For marriage certificate has a lot of pages and I do not know how to become almos 6mg to 2mg that they ask in the NVC platform. 

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:

• Complete copies of the page of the book where the marriage  was registered (copia del folio).

• They are issued on plain white paper and certified by the notary public with an original signature over either a wet seal or a sticker.

12 hours ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

Upload a scan of the MC, even if it was already submitted with the I-130.  The US embassy in Manila requires that all civil documents to be brought to the interview must have a copy uploaded on CEAC.  No need to do it right away, if you are already DQ.  Anytime prior to the visa interview is ok.  In my case, I uploaded additional/replacement scans of required documents on the day before my interview.

5 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Upload a scan of the MC, even if it was already submitted with the I-130.  The US embassy in Manila requires that all civil documents to be brought to the interview must have a copy uploaded on CEAC.  No need to do it right away, if you are already DQ.  Anytime prior to the visa interview is ok.  In my case, I uploaded additional/replacement scans of required documents on the day before my interview.

I did the same thing, upload the requested marriage certificate before 8am today. I wonder why they didn't see USCIS submitted and approved docs? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

I did the same thing, upload the requested marriage certificate before 8am today. I wonder why they didn't see USCIS submitted and approved docs? 

I don't think NVC has access to the I-130 packet, and they require all fresh documents for review.

The consulate though has access to the entire packet

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

15 hours ago, tbo said:

Good morning, guys. 

My name is Carlos and I have been doing this process for almost 6 months. my wife and I submitted all our documents, but the marriage certificate and birth certificate were declined by NVC saying this "Part of this document is missing or is difficult to read. Please replace this with a scan that shows the complete text of the document. Please ensure all sides of every page are scanned and visible. Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/scan for further guidance.We scaned properly and it was clear. We called NVC to request more details about their message, but they told us the same thing. Do you guys have any advise or if someone has gone through the same, can you guys help us?

For marriage certificate has a lot of pages and I do not know how to become almos 6mg to 2mg that they ask in the NVC platform. 

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:

• Complete copies of the page of the book where the marriage  was registered (copia del folio).

• They are issued on plain white paper and certified by the notary public with an original signature over either a wet seal or a sticker.

If you look on at the original and look at the scan is it exactly the same? Nothing cut off. 

Additionally have you uploaded the front and backs of each page of the book ?

Scan the documents at 150DPI. That should help you stay under 2MB. 

They have this instruction for documents from Colombia (I am assuming country based on timeline):

Comments: When scanning  Birth, Marriage, Divorce, or Death Certificates, make sure to include scans of the front and back of your civil documents, even if the back is blank. This is to ensure that the information on the back is submitted.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Colombia.html

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: IR-2 Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
On 4/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, EmTi said:

Ohh! Barbados! Me too! Please keep me updated on how the process is. When you get your interview, how the interview goes, etc! 

Please also complete your timeline. It helps others. 

Took NVC 10 days to schedule me an appointment date in the 2nd week of May next month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jrp126 said:

Took NVC 10 days to schedule me an appointment date in the 2nd week of May next month.

How amazing!!! Congratulations! I am beyond excited for you. It gives us hope. We hope to be DQ’d soon! Please keep me posted on how it goes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jrp126 said:

Do you know if they do interview once a month? Or do they schedule them throughout the month? 

On 4/20/2022 at 11:22 AM, Chancy said:

When do you think I can get an interview letter?

On 4/25/2022 at 11:36 PM, Southern_Belle07 said:

When do you think I can get an interview letter?

Hi! I think we are in a similar boat. Are you fully DQ’d? Or did they just accept all documents plus the request for the marriage certificate?  Our docs have all been accepted today (re-submitted 7 Feb) but they’ve added a Case RFE asking for husband’s divorce decree. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:07 PM, Raja007 said:

Additional docs don't reset the clock i had an rfe for my main document I uploaded it on Jan 24 and the additional docs on Jan 25 and my case got completed on April 14 instead of April 15.

I can now add: they stuck to our resubmission date, too! Didn’t reset the clock. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.