Fe.Ta

ARGENTINA - ROC - I-751 Removing Conditions on Green Card - Marriage Based

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

@andyazcu Long time, but glad to see ya'll are getting into the next phase to! Here's to waiting... again 🙃 Hope everything goes well for you guys!

@Fe.Ta Sorry you are still waiting to on biometrics waiver or if you need to go again. I feel like they didn't give us much time between getting our letter and our appointment date the first time we had to do it (maybe 2-3 weeks between letter received and having to show up to the appointment?). Makes me feel like it's hard to plan anything in case another appointment is needed :( I hope you hear something soon (and us too, even though we just got our official NOA 😅)

How do you know you are in Potomac? 

Just now, KBCN said:

@andyazcu Long time, but glad to see ya'll are getting into the next phase to! Here's to waiting... again 🙃 Hope everything goes well for you guys!

@Fe.Ta Sorry you are still waiting to on biometrics waiver or if you need to go again. I feel like they didn't give us much time between getting our letter and our appointment date the first time we had to do it (maybe 2-3 weeks between letter received and having to show up to the appointment?). Makes me feel like it's hard to plan anything in case another appointment is needed :( I hope you hear something soon (and us too, even though we just got our official NOA 😅)

How do you know you are in Potomac? 

Yes, the first biometrics we did for AOS was within weeks of the NOA.  But, not for ROC, and it seems it is common if you are in Potomac.

Our NOA case number is YSC, which is Potomac.  While biometrics is scheduled by the local office (Orlando), they do not know to schedule something unless they are notified by Potomac.  I doubt Potomac has looked at my case.  The have submissions from 2020 is still waiting on decisions - highly unlikely they will prioritize our biometrics over that.  LOL

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

@Fe.Ta omgosh... that's awful! I'm sorry, I looked at ours just now and the receipt number for us starts with IOE but the footnote at the bottom (where the barcode is) says California Service Center... I haven't looked up any timelines yet to see if this is better news or not.

Are you guys keeping the official letter on hand at all times or making a copy and keeping that on you? I feel like unless we travel outside of the US or do something specifically where we would need green card and the official document, we should just keep a copy on hand with the GC. Ours extends the validity of the GC for 4 years... kind of seems like a long time to keep an important piece of paper that could get damaged on us 😕

9 minutes ago, KBCN said:

@Fe.Ta omgosh... that's awful! I'm sorry, I looked at ours just now and the receipt number for us starts with IOE but the footnote at the bottom (where the barcode is) says California Service Center... I haven't looked up any timelines yet to see if this is better news or not.

Are you guys keeping the official letter on hand at all times or making a copy and keeping that on you? I feel like unless we travel outside of the US or do something specifically where we would need green card and the official document, we should just keep a copy on hand with the GC. Ours extends the validity of the GC for 4 years... kind of seems like a long time to keep an important piece of paper that could get damaged on us 😕

All centers right now are slow.  Potomac is the worse.  California is good, so you should be on track, but still within a year.

We do not keep the letter or GC at this point.  He has his driver’s license that is good for 10 years just like mine, so there is no need on the daily to be carrying that.  Obviously, we do have it handy for things like work, etc.  But, we didn’t want to lose it.  I don’t carry my passport with me, so if someone were to ask me my status, I would still need to go home and get it.  LOL. We live in Florida, so it is unlikely for him to run into an issue where the DL is not good enough.  However, I could see how it would be more prudent to carry it with you in other states.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

53 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

He has his driver’s license that is good for 10 years just like mine, so there is no need on the daily to be carrying that.  Obviously, we do have it handy for things like work, etc.  

Extension letter and GC is only needed to renew state ID / DL or travel overseas. Or if requested by auhorities to verify immigratiin status.

For employment, unexpired DL or state ID and unrestricted social security card is ALL you need for I-9 verification. Don't ever show GC and extension letter to employer, there's no need.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

Glad I asked.. and ya'll have great advice! Going to pack up my husband's GC and the new NOA1 into the fire safety safe we have then! He has his DL for like 10 years too, but for whatever reason I thought he always needed to keep his GC on him at all times, so I've always been like super OCD about triple checking he didn't leave his wallet anywhere and that his GC is still in it. I'm sure he'll be happy that I stop asking him all the time 🤣

@Fe.Ta When I was looking up things on VJ about the ROC, I came across a thread where you mentioned getting the DHS byline removed from the SSN. I'm so glad you posted about that b/c we didn't think about doing that!!! We got it done ASAP and the updated SSN back already so my husband could supply I-9 for employment with SSN and DL without any future headaches or having to show the GC + letter and all of that hassle. Thanks for putting that info. out there! 

7 minutes ago, KBCN said:

but for whatever reason I thought he always needed to keep his GC on him at all times, so I've always been like super OCD about triple checking he didn't leave his wallet anywhere and that his GC is still in it. I'm sure he'll be happy that I stop asking him all the time 🤣

Technically yes, LPR is required by law to have GC in possession at all times. He may be detained by authorities until they can verify his immigration status, if he doesn't have proof with him.

HOWEVER

In my personal experience, I was never asked to prove my status. But I did see a message "Green Card lost, please return for reward" on a lamp post in my neighbourhood. For that reason I don't carry GC with me. The risk of losing it and having to wait 2 years for replacement is higher than getting detained. It also depends where you live. If it's close to the border, yes, better to have it with you.

Edited by OldUser

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/18/2023 at 1:40 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Just checking in on the Argentina ROC filers that are still pending.

@Fla&Mark and @KBCN Didn't you apply?  Where are you at in the process?

Hey everybody! 

We're doing great! Life is busy with our (already) one year old, but we're very happy.

We've been in Argentina on December for six weeks. I could leave the country and re enter with my NOA for the extension of the green card with no problem at all.

This is my timeline so far. No updates since then:

October 5, 2022 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
September 23, 2022 Received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

How's everybody else doing?

I have a question, I have a friend filling up her application for the ROC as well. She's married to a citizen and that's how she applied to residency. Her husband has a child from a prior marriage (he's a citizen, again not HER biological kid). Does she need to include the kid in the Part 7 of the form? Was anybody in that position?

Thanks! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hey everybody! 

We're doing great! Life is busy with our (already) one year old, but we're very happy.

We've been in Argentina on December for six weeks. I could leave the country and re enter with my NOA for the extension of the green card with no problem at all.

September 23, 2022 Received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I have a question, I have a friend filling up her application for the ROC as well. She's married to a citizen and that's how she applied to residency. Her husband has a child from a prior marriage (he's a citizen, again not HER biological kid). Does she need to include the kid in the Part 7 of the form? Was anybody in that position?

Thanks! 

I was in that position and yes, child needs to be listed.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 hour ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hey everybody! 

Thanks! 

So glad everyone is doing OK.

You are luckier than we are.  We are 7 months in and no word on the biometrics.  Haha

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

So glad everyone is doing OK.

You are luckier than we are.  We are 7 months in and no word on the biometrics.  Haha

That's upseting. I'm sorry.

I didn't go in. They just changed the status to what I think means they added my old biometrics to my case, that's it.

We filled at Phoenix. Not sure if we are sending to the same center or not. 

3 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

That's upseting. I'm sorry.

I didn't go in. They just changed the status to what I think means they added my old biometrics to my case, that's it.

We filled at Phoenix. Not sure if we are sending to the same center or not. 

Yes, you either get the biometrics waived or you get a new appointment scheduled.  We have not gotten either.

I do not think we are at the same center, since you are probably going to end somewhere on the West coast - Texas Center max.  We are in death row Potomac.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

@Fla&Mark congrats on your new addition!! We just celebrated our son's 18 months 🥰

@Fe.Ta I still can't believe you haven't heard anything about the biometrics appointment/waived. Is there anything you can do to prompt for a case update or info. on that? We were issued a waived letter already. The notice date for the waived biometrics was the same notice date as our ROC NOA (3/10/23)- we just received the letter 10 days later (NOA on 3/15 and the waived biometrics on 3/25). 😕

4 hours ago, KBCN said:

@Fla&Mark congrats on your new addition!! We just celebrated our son's 18 months 🥰

@Fe.Ta I still can't believe you haven't heard anything about the biometrics appointment/waived. Is there anything you can do to prompt for a case update or info. on that? We were issued a waived letter already. The notice date for the waived biometrics was the same notice date as our ROC NOA (3/10/23)- we just received the letter 10 days later (NOA on 3/15 and the waived biometrics on 3/25). 😕

Congrats on your bundle of joy as well! :)

Unfortunately, no.  I have contacted them via an inquiry, phone, chat, etc. about 10 different times and I get the same canned answer.  We are in Potomac (AKA death row), so it is "normal".  There are cases in Potomac that get the biometrics notice within the month like everyone else and then you have others like me that just don't hear anything about it.  LOL

SMH.  We are honestly not consumed by it either, since we have other things we are focusing on.  But, sometimes I just get bored and begin to poke around.  Haha

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Hi Guys Fernanda here, can't get into my original membership for some reason. Wanna let you know ROC sent Jan 2022. On Feb 11th my GC expired, they sent me the notification I don't have to present for fingerprints, last month got a letter stating the USCIS I'd extending my expired GC for 2 years. And that's about it.

Supposedly, the waiting times for my center is 2 years and 7 months 🥲

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.