9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just received a message from NVC stating that my husband's AU Police Check is incorrect, and needs to be from a valid authority.

To my knowledge the AFP National Police Check is the only one.

Anyone having the same issue and was able to resolve it?

Thank you!

Australian Police Check.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jess8 said:

Hi everyone,

I just received a message from NVC stating that my husband's AU Police Check is incorrect, and needs to be from a valid authority.

To my knowledge the AFP National Police Check is the only one.

Anyone having the same issue and was able to resolve it?

Thank you!

Australian Police Check.pdf 843.64 kB · 5 downloads

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

According to the information on the NVC info pages you need to get the one for “Immigration /citizenship”  It doesn't make too much sense but   it  seems you need to do category 33

not 35 on the “reason “ section 

Edited by Lil bear

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, Lil bear said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

According to the information on the NVC info pages you need to get the one for “Immigration /citizenship”  It doesn't make too much sense but   it  seems you need to do category 33

not 35 on the “reason “ section 

Thank you so much. We did the 33, and just got DQ.

I appreciate your help. 

Everyone...  this is a short note to advise that Federal Police Clearance Certificates are now valid for 2 years.  

I attended my interview at the Melbourne Consulate.  Given the delays in getting to interview (I had first got my police clearance certificate in March 2021 - I am intending to move in April 2022), I thought I would need a new Police clearance.  I applied for a new certificate in January 2022.  When I attended interview I was advised that the validity of the Police clearance certificates had been changed to 2 years because of delays due to Covid.

Just thought I would let others know.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, 

I know the above topic is over a year ago and I wonder if any one could help. 

NVC says they don’t accept my husband Australia police  certificate with no future explanation. My question is, Does NVC accept  the Fingerprinted certificate from AFP? The one we sent was without fingerprints thought it is still acceptable as per DS website? 

Which one did you guys send to NVC

Many Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, Jess8 said:

Thank you so much. We did the 33, and just got DQ.

I appreciate your help. 

Hi! I know this is more than a year post but I came accross to this as I was having the same issue, NVC, emailed me that they cannot accept my PCC, I also put 35 for the purpose. I called the Federal police number and they are not sure about it so im glad i saw this post. I also put 33 now, hoping i will get the certificate soon to get DQ.

May i ask you, how long did it take you to wait after sending the new police certifictae to get DQ? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.