intothelight2021

JANUARY 2022 FILERS (I-130)

287 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We could not find a Jan 2022 filers topic so we thought why not just start one:). We filed at the beginning of January and are quite excited about the journey...hopefully it will not take too long or be too bumpy lol. Looking for others in the same boat so we can be on the journey together. 

VJ is such a great resource. Like many advised, we already checked the status of our petition via Emma and we found out it was already transferred (from Texas to Vermont). 

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

6 hours ago, intothelight2021 said:

Hi everyone,

We could not find a Jan 2022 filers topic so we thought why not just start one:). We filed at the beginning of January and are quite excited about the journey...hopefully it will not take too long or be too bumpy lol. Looking for others in the same boat so we can be on the journey together. 

VJ is such a great resource. Like many advised, we already checked the status of our petition via Emma and we found out it was already transferred (from Texas to Vermont). 

Good luck to everyone!

Did you file from Texas and get transferred to Vermont or was Emma saying you were in Texas and now in Vermont? 

I just filed this month too. You are lucky... I just found out my case was sent to California (From Texas), meaning I am going to wait another year PLUS compared to other centers...sigh 😕GOOD LUCK TO US

Edited by Romin

Our receipt notice said that Texas was the processing center. But we asked a representative (via Emma) a few weeks later and they informed us that the petition was transferred from Texas to Vermont. I guess/hope that is good news though it seems that the overall speed depends more on internal workload and processing factors than which center is processing. So best of luck to you as well! CA processing times have come down considerably (based on VJ stats around 200 days, just like Vermont. Texas is at 300 days so maybe it's good your case got transferred:)). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 11:43 AM, intothelight2021 said:

Hi everyone,

Good luck to everyone!

Our petition went from Texas to Vermont too.  Fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I found out a couple weeks ago ours went from Nebraska to Potomac, kinda sucks since the processing times there are longer.

Edited by JerryAey23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JD2 said:

We got approved.

6/7/21 - I-129F K-1 NOA1

10/21/21 - I-129F K-1 withdrawn

11/24/21 - married

1/6/22 - I-130 NOA1

2/2/22 - I-129F K-3 NOA1

3/5/22 - I-130 NOA2

Wow, that's fantastic!!!! Congratulations!!!! And in record time!

Ours changed to being actively reviewed as of 5 March, which got us so excited, until we found out via VJ that it does not mean much and that others still had to wait weeks or months after receiving this notice lol. Fingers crossed as you said. 

Have a nice party tonight:)!

4 hours ago, intothelight2021 said:

Wow, that's fantastic!!!! Congratulations!!!! And in record time!

Ours changed to being actively reviewed as of 5 March, which got us so excited, until we found out via VJ that it does not mean much and that others still had to wait weeks or months after receiving this notice lol. Fingers crossed as you said. 

Have a nice party tonight:)!

Mine was approved 3 days after Actively Reviewed.  Check your documents tab periodically.  My approval notice appeared in my documents tab before the status officially changed a few days later.

14 hours ago, JD2 said:

Mine was approved 3 days after Actively Reviewed.  Check your documents tab periodically.  My approval notice appeared in my documents tab before the status officially changed a few days later.

14 hours ago, JD2 said:

Very interesting! Will do, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Here's our case currently.

• I-130 Sent: 01-25-2022
  • NOA1 received: 01-28-2022
  • Case updated to "actively reviewed": 02-02-2022
  • Found out about transfer from Potomac to Nebraska Service Center: 03-31-2022

Current processing times at Nebraska are 5-7 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 1/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, Romin said:

Did you file from Texas and get transferred to Vermont or was Emma saying you were in Texas and now in Vermont? 

I just filed this month too. You are lucky... I just found out my case was sent to California (From Texas), meaning I am going to wait another year PLUS compared to other centers...sigh 😕GOOD LUCK TO US

For USC filing for a spouse the waiting times at California have decreased drastically. It's currently 6.5 to 8.5 months with a receipt date of July 29, 2021.

10 hours ago, xyz_123 said:

Here's our case currently.

• I-130 Sent: 01-25-2022
  • NOA1 received: 01-28-2022
  • Case updated to "actively reviewed": 02-02-2022
  • Found out about transfer from Potomac to Nebraska Service Center: 03-31-2022

Current processing times at Nebraska are 5-7 months.

Thanks for sharing. I really wonder why certain applications get approved a day/week after being actively reviewed and others stay in that status for months. I get that many applications do not get looked at for months because of backlogs etc. but once they are looked at/reviewed, why do some take months to be decided? In other words, assuming nothing is missing, why does an officer need months to make a decision? I know that nobody really seems to know but since there is such a long wait, it is easy to get carried away and ponder about these little details:) lol.

• 2 weeks later...

We got approved 2 days ago:

- NOA 1: Jan 3

- Sent in K3: Feb 15

- Actively reviewed: Feb 16

- NOA 2: 4/7 (approved)

We were doing the K1 process before but withdrew. Not sure if that is the reason our case got approved so quickly.

Our case was originally at the Texas Service Center and was transferred to Nebraska after we submitted the K3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.