intothelight2021

JANUARY 2022 FILERS (I-130)

287 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, nka1509 said:

My husband is US citizen and he filed i130 for me on 2nd January 2022 ( online). Service centre is Texas as per receipt. Our case was moved to status ‘Actively being reviewedby USCIS’ on 7th January 2022. We filled i129 (K3) on 2nd May 2022 and that was sent to California service centre. I am not sure how long should we wait for approval. I am in India and seems like it will take almost one more year for whole process. With K3 we had a hope of fast processing but it didn’t went well.

Hey, I’m also a US citizen and i filled for my husband on Jan 15, 2022 and it went into activity reviewing on Jan 15 also. I  did k3 in June. But i have not received any response as well for anything. I know my case was transferred to California from Texas without notice i only know because i asked Emma and chatted with a live agent. I suggest you try asking about the location of your i-130 petition ( i suggest chatting with Emma at 8am mon-Friday otherwise it’ll be hard to connect to a live agent)  Both of my i-130 and K3 are in California and California is really backed up. They are just approving august 2021 filers as of now so I’m guessing it’s taking them one full year to review your i-130. Sorry i don’t have great news but i guess waiting is our only option :( btw my husband is in india too so let’s hope for speedy approvals  !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Love1227 said:

Hey, I’m also a US citizen and i filled for my husband on Jan 15, 2022 and it went into activity reviewing on Jan 15 also. I  did k3 in June. But i have not received any response as well for anything. I know my case was transferred to California from Texas without notice i only know because i asked Emma and chatted with a live agent. I suggest you try asking about the location of your i-130 petition ( i suggest chatting with Emma at 8am mon-Friday otherwise it’ll be hard to connect to a live agent)  Both of my i-130 and K3 are in California and California is really backed up. They are just approving august 2021 filers as of now so I’m guessing it’s taking them one full year to review your i-130. Sorry i don’t have great news but i guess waiting is our only option :( btw my husband is in india too so let’s hope for speedy approvals  !!!

Yeah sadly, waiting is the only option right now. I will let you know if I hear anything from USCIS.

• 1 month later...

USCIS has added a processing times link into the drop down where you find case history and documents. 

Mine says estimated date of decision 3 weeks. 

What does everyone else have in there? Maybe we are going to be approved sooner than we think.

I had just sent my husband all the docs he needs to submit our K3 too. Being on deployment means he doesn't have easy access to some stuff so I'm hoping this is right so we don't need to submit it. 

Question: is there an expedite process for interviews? My consulate is 9 months behind so I'm hoping there's a way to expedite. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Straya said:

USCIS has added a processing times link into the drop down where you find case history and documents. 

Mine says estimated date of decision 3 weeks. 

What does everyone else have in there? Maybe we are going to be approved sooner than we think.

I had just sent my husband all the docs he needs to submit our K3 too. Being on deployment means he doesn't have easy access to some stuff so I'm hoping this is right so we don't need to submit it. 

Question: is there an expedite process for interviews? My consulate is 9 months behind so I'm hoping there's a way to expedite. Thanks. 

That would be great news!

Do you mean this link or a different one?: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Ours just says the usual...'your application has been actively reviewed since' but without providing any specific decision timeframe 😞

3 weeks is great, please let us know if it comes to pass!

25 minutes ago, intothelight2021 said:

That would be great news!

Do you mean this link or a different one?: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Ours just says the usual...'your application has been actively reviewed since' but without providing any specific decision timeframe 😞

3 weeks is great, please let us know if it comes to pass!

If you click the drop down that shows documents and case status there is a new item called processing times. It may only show for the petitioner though. 

I tried to upload my screenshot but it failed. Trying again. 

Screenshot_20220930-113632~2.png

11 hours ago, Straya said:

If you click the drop down that shows documents and case status there is a new item called processing times. It may only show for the petitioner though. 

I tried to upload my screenshot but it failed. Trying again. 

Screenshot_20220930-113632~2.png

Now I get it. There is a new tab once the petitioner logs into her own USCIS account. Thanks

Unfortunately, ours just says: Your case is taking longer than expected to process.

No other estimate :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.