intothelight2021

JANUARY 2022 FILERS (I-130)

287 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, xyz_123 said:

Thanks for the response, I will definitely look into that. I just don't want the law firm to use it as an excuse to drop me as a client.

My brother's I-130 just got approved after 2.5 months.  He had the same lawyer as me for his I-130 but did the K-3 without a lawyer. Lawyer did not care he did the K-3 on his own.

Edited by JD2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
6 hours ago, JD2 said:

My brother's I-130 just got approved after 2.5 months.  He had the same lawyer as me for his I-130 but did the K-3 without a lawyer. Lawyer did not care he did the K-3 on his own.

Thanks for the update! My petition has been at Nebraska since at least the end of March (but likely since early February) and still no action. I will look into doing the K-3 now as I haven't had time the past couple of months.

6 hours ago, JD2 said:

Amazing, you guys are breaking records. Congrats to your brother! Any guess what might have helped speed it up? 

3 minutes ago, JD2 said:

We both filed K-3s.  But who knows if it really helped or was just a coincidence

Great point. And that probably made the difference.

One thought though: I have read somewhere that it is the background checks that take such a long time and I have seen some couples with a lot of US history (lived and worked in the US for years) take longer. Obviously, that is pure speculation on my part to entertain myself while waiting lol but so my question to you, did you guys/the beneficiaries have lots of history of working and living in the US or not? Maybe you can disprove my hypothesis :). 

5 minutes ago, intothelight2021 said:

One thought though: I have read somewhere that it is the background checks that take such a long time and I have seen some couples with a lot of US history (lived and worked in the US for years) take longer. Obviously, that is pure speculation on my part to entertain myself while waiting lol but so my question to you, did you guys/the beneficiaries have lots of history of working and living in the US or not? Maybe you can disprove my hypothesis :). 

Neither of our beneficiaries have US work experience and never lived here.  We both were born here and worked here but we're only in our 30s.  We both also got Global Entry, for which there's a background check.  Maybe that helped?  Who knows.

5 minutes ago, JD2 said:

Neither of our beneficiaries have US work experience and never lived here.  We both were born here and worked here but we're only in our 30s.  We both also got Global Entry, for which there's a background check.  Maybe that helped?  Who knows.

It is certainly possible. Thanks for helping to unravel the mystery:). The K3 probably did most of the work but it is possible that the other issues helped it along. We will certainly consider the K3 if nothing happens over the summer. Thanks a lot for your help! And have fun celebrating this step with your brother:)! I see you are almost through with the entire process so I hope you also do not have to wait long for the interview. Best of luck to you!!!

On 6/13/2022 at 9:56 AM, intothelight2021 said:

Hey so I have some information that is related to this theory, Back in July 2020 we applied for a Finace visa I-129f at the Texas service center it was transferred without notice to California , and it was approved at USCIS in 7 months at the California service center, long story short after the case went to my husbands country during his interview the CO put our case in further processing which delayed the case so much ( basically hit a dead end)  so we withdrew and get married as suggested by our lawyers 

We got married and applied for spouse visa on Janurary 2022. it has been 5 months and I found out my case is at California it got transferred without notice same way our first 1-129f was transferred, my question is if background checks are the reason that cases take long to process than our case should be already processed because all of our information is already in their system since we did this whole process before as a Finace petition and they did approve it once before, they'd just have to verify the marriage certificate other than that the rest of the information is the same but its still taking super long. I think that every case is just different and it takes long because they are backed up and understaffed.:) hope this helps understanding why they take long is a mystery no one figured out!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 6/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, JD2 said:

We both filed K-3s.  But who knows if it really helped or was just a coincidence

When you filed for the K-3, did you provide a copy of the I-130 you had already submitted? I think I've got the I-129F packet ready to go but I just wanted to check on this. I was planning to include a copy of the NOA1 receipt letter. Thanks!

Edited by xyz_123

Just now, xyz_123 said:

When you filed for the K-3, did you provide a copy of the I-130 you had already submitted? I think I've got the I-129F packet ready to go but I just wanted to check on this. I was planning to include a copy of the NOA1 receipt letter. Thanks!

Just the I-797C.  Not the entire I-130 packet.  Just the bare minimum from the I-129F directions, which is very little actually.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, Love1227 said:

Hey so I have some information that is related to this theory, Back in July 2020 we applied for a Finace visa I-129f at the Texas service center it was transferred without notice to California , and it was approved at USCIS in 7 months at the California service center, long story short after the case went to my husbands country during his interview the CO put our case in further processing which delayed the case so much ( basically hit a dead end)  so we withdrew and get married as suggested by our lawyers 

We got married and applied for spouse visa on Janurary 2022. it has been 5 months and I found out my case is at California it got transferred without notice same way our first 1-129f was transferred, my question is if background checks are the reason that cases take long to process than our case should be already processed because all of our information is already in their system since we did this whole process before as a Finace petition and they did approve it once before, they'd just have to verify the marriage certificate other than that the rest of the information is the same but its still taking super long. I think that every case is just different and it takes long because they are backed up and understaffed.:) hope this helps understanding why they take long is a mystery no one figured out!

Great points, very interesting. Thanks for sharing! So the mystery continues:))) 

Hope you'll get yours approved soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/13/2022 at 7:57 AM, intothelight2021 said:

We applied online but it took about 2 months after applying until we were actively reviewed. Some people get approved a day or week after being actively reviewed, others have to wait months...

I strongly agree with you. We submitted i130 online on 2nd Jan 2022 and our case was moved to actively review status on 7th Jan 2022. No further actions after that. We also filled K3 on 2nd May 2022. Still the status is actively being reviewed. It seems they randomly picks the applications. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.