Timeline

Congratulations on the visa approval

and so sorry u all went thru this ordeal

it will only make the time u spend together now more rewarding 

the very best to both of u 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

Fast forward to today - I think the nightmare may be finally over, but I'm so traumatized by the whole experience that I almost feel numb about it, like I'm still not quite sure it's safe to celebrate. Hopefully, the CFO process is stress-free.  

Congrats! Hopefully everything else goes smooth.

5 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

My fiancé attended her K1 visa interview on the morning of January 20th and was approved (according to the adjudicator). Her and her daughter's passports were taken and they were given pamphlets about their approval and what to do next. This was by far the easiest step in our journey.

If you've seen any of my previous topics, you might recall that we started the process back in 2018. Everything went pretty smoothly until we got to St. Luke's. During the medical exam, she was flagged for sputum due to some "cloudiness" on her chest x-ray. 6 1/2 weeks into waiting for the sputum culture results, she received a call from SLEC to come back. I knew what this meant... but then again, I had no idea just how bad this news was. When my fiancé got back from St. Luke's, she called me up, absolutely distraught by what they told her -  she was told that out of the 3 sputum samples she provided, 2 were clear, while the 3rd one indicated TB bacterial growth.

They then informed her that she would need to do 18 MONTHS of DOT. I questioned whether she misheard them, because this absolutely shocked me - the timeframe was 3x what I read others say they had to go through when found positive. Apparently, this turned out to be accurate, as they claimed she had some rare, semi-drug-resistant strain. But... she was completely asymptomatic. I just didn't know what to believe. 

Congratulations on getting to the light at the end of the tunnel.  As bad as it sounds, I think you will find that experience providing you strength throughout your relationship.  If the two of you can survive that 4 year period, you can survive anything else.  Its an unbelievable story with a great ending that most couples would never be able to do. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline

We went though the sputum protocol as well.  She failed because of the mysterious white line, completed the 8 weeks and went back to St. Lukes, failed again went through 8 more weeks.  At the completion of the second 8 weeks they said she was clear but the paperwork was lost.  The embassy tried to get her to take a 3rd test and  I wrote my State Senator and the paperwork was found and visa issued.  Once in America CDC makes you do follow-up testing because you have failed TB testing.  Results for that test were negative.  After all the Government involvement we went to a well respected Pulmonologist and he determined that she never had TB and all this mess was just poor protocol on the part of St. Lukes. So glad you had the resolve to endure this process.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PWB said:

We went though the sputum protocol as well.  She failed because of the mysterious white line, completed the 8 weeks and went back to St. Lukes, failed again went through 8 more weeks.  At the completion of the second 8 weeks they said she was clear but the paperwork was lost.  The embassy tried to get her to take a 3rd test and  I wrote my State Senator and the paperwork was found and visa issued.  Once in America CDC makes you do follow-up testing because you have failed TB testing.  Results for that test were negative.  After all the Government involvement we went to a well respected Pulmonologist and he determined that she never had TB and all this mess was just poor protocol on the part of St. Lukes. So glad you had the resolve to endure this process.

I'm confused by your scenario. I don't understand how your fiancé/spouse failed again after completing the 8 weeks. My understanding is if 8 weeks pass and there is no bacterial growth in the sputum samples, she would proceed to immunization and be done. I'm baffled by the "failed again" part of it. Are you saying they found TB growth in her sputum sample and made her give another sample and wait an additional 8 weeks? Even that doesn't make sense.

Your family is unbreakable now. Congrats!

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

I'm confused by your scenario. I don't understand how your fiancé/spouse failed again after completing the 8 weeks. My understanding is if 8 weeks pass and there is no bacterial growth in the sputum samples, she would proceed to immunization and be done. I'm baffled by the "failed again" part of it. Are you saying they found TB growth in her sputum sample and made her give another sample and wait an additional 8 weeks? Even that doesn't make sense.

Medical expired due to covid lockdown.  So new physical and new sputum testing.   

Timeline
30 minutes ago, PWB said:

Medical expired due to covid lockdown.  So new physical and new sputum testing.   

I see. Thanks for explaining. St. Luke's really needs to lose their contract with USEM. Too much incompetence. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, brightfuture78 said:

I see. Thanks for explaining. St. Luke's really needs to lose their contract with USEM. Too much incompetence. 

The problem here is Center for Disease Control, CDC.  The same people who have  created all the confusion on Covid policy are in charge of establishing procedures for the Embassy to follow.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.