TBoneTX

N-400 Seattle (Part 2)

670 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, forthecookies said:

Yes, for Canada. It will not work for other countries. 

Thank you. Also if you wouldn’t mind sharing 1) when did you file 2) when was the interview scheduled and 3) when was the interview ? It will help everyone in the group get a sense for how quickly things are moving. Thanks and congratulations again on the milestone !

5 minutes ago, TheLastMile said:

Thank you. Also if you wouldn’t mind sharing 1) when did you file 2) when was the interview scheduled and 3) when was the interview ? It will help everyone in the group get a sense for how quickly things are moving. Thanks and congratulations again on the milestone !

My data is all in the sheet. It is much easier to track there than in individual posts. 

4 hours ago, forthecookies said:

Here's the experience my husband and I had on Monday that you may find helpful.

My interview was scheduled for 1:30, his for 2:10. I checked in and was in the waiting room by 1:15. They were running horrendously behind, so I only had my interview at 2:30. It took all of 10 minutes. My officer asked if I wanted to wait for my husband to do our oaths together. She said the last oath of the day is always at 3:45. Since I knew he'd be tight, I declined, and just took my oath at the 3:00 ceremony.

My husband was only called in for his interview at 3:25. His officer was very supportive and said he'd try to get the interview done in time for the oath. He finished the interview at 3:40 and made it to the 3:45 oath. A couple of people after him made it as well. A very stressful situation, but glad it all worked out at the end.

We both had in-person interviews rather than the virtual ones many people had, and felt like our officers were very efficient and really trying to just get things done as soon as possible.

Since then, we've already applied for EDLs and urgent passports, and are very glad to be done with the citizenship journey!

Thank you so much for relaying your experience.   I was a bit concerned that she may not be able to get her oath in.  But I am pretty sure it will work out.

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello, I'm having my interview on Dec 6, Tuesday. I wonder if I should tell the officer on the spot that I will be moving to a new address on Dec 15 or I should just wait until after I move and file address change online. My lease with my current address ends by the end of Dec, so I technically will still have access to the mailbox till then.

1 hour ago, bolobao said:

Hello, I'm having my interview on Dec 6, Tuesday. I wonder if I should tell the officer on the spot that I will be moving to a new address on Dec 15 or I should just wait until after I move and file address change online. My lease with my current address ends by the end of Dec, so I technically will still have access to the mailbox till then.

I would not bring it up.  It is not relevant to the interview, and could only cause confusion.  

Anyone else on this thread had their N-400 interview and passed but oath taking has not been scheduled due to a pending I-751? Or if you were in the same holding pattern but have already received an invitation to take the naturalization oath.

I would appreciate it if you can share your timeline.

Thanks,

G&A

So hopefully wife will be a citizen on Monday, and we need to get her a passport since we will be flying out the following week.

Has anyone have any experience with getting a rush passport in Seattle?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Truth_Seeker said:

So hopefully wife will be a citizen on Monday, and we need to get her a passport since we will be flying out the following week.

Has anyone have any experience with getting a rush passport in Seattle?

Yes, my wife was able to get hers in a week, for our flight 17 days out. If you are within 14 days of your trip, I would call and schedule the appointment as close to her interview date as possible (obviously after and not before). Can always cancel if she doesn't get same day naturalization. 

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

On 10/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, kikoz said:

Hi guys and gals

Unfortunately, I got a speeding ticket yesterday :(, my interview is first week of December.

I'm planning to pay the fine and disclose it during the interview with IO.

Will that be a problem of any sort to have a same day Oath, giving that the fine would then be paid and the case will be closed?

Thank you.

To update for future reference to anyone :)

Had the Interview today and that was no issue ^^^, in fact, they haven't asked anything about it, they only asked if I had been arrested before and then followed up with another question that was: apart from any traffic tickets, have you been arrested or had any conviction ......

Wife and me applied based on 5 years rule, got oath same day after about 15 mins interview.

Folks there are super nice and courteous, the experience overall was great, it took about 2 hours and 30 minutes, from waiting for the interview (was in person not remote) till we did the oath and received the certificate.

Next up: N600 for the kid and hopefully that will be that :) 

Thanks to the folks in the forum here because you guys have been excellent in providing details about each experience.

Edited by kikoz

Hi Everyone,

I have been following the N400 Seattle Tracker Excel sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778.

Looks like all Aug 2022 filers got interview scheduled at a consistent faster pace well before the predicted date and they froze at Sep 2022 filers since then. Did they pause N400 and switch to processing a different category ? or is it due the holiday time? 

I am a Sep filer as well and really curious to understand the pause and have been regularly checking the status and the tracker everyday!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 hours ago, anon_G said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been following the N400 Seattle Tracker Excel sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778.

Looks like all Aug 2022 filers got interview scheduled at a consistent faster pace well before the predicted date and they froze at Sep 2022 filers since then. Did they pause N400 and switch to processing a different category ? or is it due the holiday time? 

I am a Sep filer as well and really curious to understand the pause and have been regularly checking the status and the tracker everyday!

Likely a combination of the thanksgiving holiday, the excel sheet finally catching up to the reality of the current scenario (no longer underestimating the times), and Seattle being fully caught up. The later means the officers can be used to help other FO catch-up as they roll out the remote interview systems. 

Also, it is possible they have pivoted to clearing the backlog for I-485 (which Seattle has a lot as well).

Edited by PedroDaGr8

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

My wife passed the interview but the interviewer said that someone else had to approve it.  Do no oath ceremony today.  We told him we are scheduled to go back home on 2O Dec 2022.  He said he would try to get it approved by in a few days.

Fyi we filed under 319b.  

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Had my interview and oath today.  I had applied exactly on 4 years 9 months in Aug 25th.  I got called in after a 15 minute wait and finished interview in 10 minutes.   Same happened with my spouse as well.  Then we had our oath given after another 20 minute wait in the hall downstairs.  We were done by 10:15 am.  Registered for voting in the oath hall itself as there was a volunteer there to help.  We then went in the afternoon to USPS post office and applied for passports for all of us (including two minor kids).  I had booked USPS passport appointment exactly 30 days before based on guidance provided by someone earlier in this thread. 

Wait to receive the passports starts now (6-8 weeks timeframe). Thanks to this forum, it was a smooth process for us right from start to finish. 

On 12/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, anon_G said:

Hi Everyone,

They’re not all caught up :( I’m still waiting with a case filed in July this year. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Likely a combination of the thanksgiving holiday, the excel sheet finally catching up to the reality of the current scenario (no longer underestimating the times), and Seattle being fully caught up. The later means the officers can be used to help other FO catch-up as they roll out the remote interview systems. 

Also, it is possible they have pivoted to clearing the backlog for I-485 (which Seattle has a lot as well).

In addition to these theories, the delay in N-400 interview scheduling may be caused by the large number of people who passed their N-400 interview with a pending I-751. There is a huge backlog in the I-751 processing, especially for the LIN filers. I’ve seen people in this forum who passed their N-400 interview successfully and had to wait for up to 18 months to get their oath scheduled due to pending I-751.

AOS from F1 (Student)

03/05/18 - AOS package Sent (I-485, I-130, I-756, I-131)

03/09/18 - AOS  Package Received

03/09/18 Priority Date

03/20/18 - email/text NOAs Received

03/26/18 - NOAs received in mail

03/30/18 - Biometrics notice received in mail

04/09/18 - Biometrics Done

04/09/18 - Courtesy Letter for I-693 Received

04/16/18 - I-485 and I-765 UPDATE: We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case

04/18/18 - I-485 UPDATE: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

04/30/18 - Requested to expedite EAD via phone

05/01/18 - UPDATE: Request assigned to an officer, response sent and request completed

05/03/18 - Called USCIS and the officer instructed me to fax evidence. Faxed evidence (Job offer) same day.

05/05/18 - Received USCIS letter asking me to fax evidence (Already done)

05/08/18 - I-765 UPDATE: Request assigned to an officer, response sent and request completed

05/08/18 - Received an email: Documentation received and request to expedite EAD under review

05/14/18 - I-765 UPDATE: We are producing your card (EAD) and will mail it to you

05/15/18 - I-765 and I-131 UPDATE:  We approved your case

05/17/18 - I-765 UPDATE: Card was mailed to me

05/18/18 - Received NOA for EAD & AP Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.