12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Does anyone know if I was first CR1 (less than 2 years married) and now I’ve been married for 2 years now, how does it change in NVC system to IR1?

also what’s the point of priority date if it doesn’t pertain to CR1/IR1?

Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

u married 2/ 24/20 so if u arrive in the US after 24th of February 2022 , the iR1 is what your US stamp should say at customs   / that's a 10 year green card

if you are already here and just have not completed your timeline,  you CR1 and 2 year green card 

For CR1 the PD :

The date establishes one's place in the queue for a family-sponsored or employment-based or permanent residency permit (also known as "green card") application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For a spousal visa, the date of arrival as compared to the wedding anniversary date is what matters.  Even if the printed visa in the passport shows CR1, if the immigrant enters the US after the 2 year wedding anniversary, they are entitled to an IR1/10yr GC.  It is not a bad idea for the immigrant to mention that to the CBP upon entry in case they miss the dates, so that CBP puts the correct endorsement stamp in the passport.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, BabyJetz said:

also what’s the point of priority date if it doesn’t pertain to CR1/IR1?

Because CR/IR visas are not numerically limited the way family preference visas are.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Pee89 said:

Okk but mine has changed to ir1

Really a moot point.  IR1 is both a visa and a status. You want an IR1 status and ten year green card.  It really doesn't matter what any visa or database says before the green card is printed.  It makes no difference.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.