nat and dongyoung

Didn't Add Fiance's Mother's Info on i129F Form

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello.

I submitted my i129F petition back in October for the K1 visa and I just realized that I made a mistake while filling out the information about my fiancé's parents.

I filled out all of my fiancé's dad's information, but his mother passed away a few years ago, so I didn't include her name or birthday. I just filled out, "deceased."

Should I be expecting an RFE because of this mistake?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nat & Dongyoung said:

Hello.

I submitted my i129F petition back in October for the K1 visa and I just realized that I made a mistake while filling out the information about my fiancé's parents.

I filled out all of my fiancé's dad's information, but his mother passed away a few years ago, so I didn't include her name or birthday. I just filled out, "deceased."

Should I be expecting an RFE because of this mistake?

Did you include her country of birth?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lady Rain said:

You could create an account on USCIS website and add it

Oh that's great, thank you so much for the info!

Would you happen to know where to navigate to on the website to add this information? - I already have an account on the USCIS website.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Nat & Dongyoung said:

Yes I did

That’s what matters.  If her country of birth was the USA, there would be an RFE for evidence your fiancé was not born a USA citizen. 

2 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

You could create an account on USCIS website and add it

Are you sure about that?   As far as I know, there has never been a way to modify the information on the I-129f online.

2 hours ago, Nat & Dongyoung said:

Oh that's great, thank you so much for the info!

Would you happen to know where to navigate to on the website to add this information? - I already have an account on the USCIS website.

You cannot add or change information that was submitted with your I-129f online.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Go into your account. Click on Ask USCIS. Then click on correct Typographical error and just follow the prompts 

I can confirm that it works, I had a correction to make, I was told to wait until the case get to NVC in case I don't get an RFE, Then we can change it at NVC, so it's good to know that option was available, it was fairly easy. Maybe the mod can tag this message in the forum.

Thanks Lady Rain( Mesi beaucoup)

Gone but not Forgotten!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Nikita2Charles said:

I can confirm that it works, I had a correction to make, I was told to wait until the case get to NVC in case I don't get an RFE, Then we can change it at NVC, so it's good to know that option was available, it was fairly easy. Maybe the mod can tag this message in the forum.

Ohh so I have to wait until after I receive my NOA2 to update any information? I guess I'll just have to hope and pray I don't get an RFE for the original error I made. Thanks for your help!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

Ok so how was I able to do it? (removed)

So basically I can't edit any information from my i129f form before receiving my NOA2 which is what I was hoping for because I wanted to try to avoid any RFE if possible. I'll have to wait until the NVC stage. I guess all I can do is hope and pray.

Edited by Unlockable
Quoted removed comment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

No you Can’t edit the petition it self. You will have to just state what needs to be corrected. Also you could make a copy of your Noa1 form submit a correct petition but state that it’s a corrected form on a separate sheet of paper 

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Do tell 

1 hour ago, Nikita2Charles said:

Thank you 😊 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

No you Can’t edit the petition it self. You will have to just state what needs to be corrected. Also you could make a copy of your Noa1 form submit a correct petition but state that it’s a corrected form on a separate sheet of paper 

Thank you 😊 

Okay, thank you for your help!☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.