CovidSucks21

Got an interview....butttt

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally booked an interview for my fiance jan 13!  it was the only day and I grabbed it!  The schedule doesn't even show any other days available at all.  I wanted to try to postpone it a little or move it the end of the month but no luck.  I also don't want to risk losing it.  

But........

However one of her police clearances has expired (she got this one twice and it's from Dubai which is a colossal pain to get) and her cenomar has expired (this will be the third time she's even gotten one)  I'm trying to call the embassy to see if there is any leeway in letting her still do the interview with those two things being that way.  She hasn't left the country since I started this process.  Her passport can attest to that.  Has anyone had to deal with this?  Was the embassy forgiving on that part?  She still has all the documents of the times she's done this.  I was originally booking her appt for April of 2019.  They have to take that into account.  

She did renew her nbi and start a new Cenomar but they say it might not be ready til January 16th.  Her interview is the 13th.  

Anyone have any experience with this?

4 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

start a new Cenomar but they say it might not be ready til January 16th. 

At least on the CENOMAR,  https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/ is more or less consistent delivering in a week or so.   Maybe 2 or 3 weeks due to holidays but they would 'probably' deliver in plenty of time for Jan 13 deadline.    It's only the local PSA offices that take a month.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

When was the PC issued? It is valid for 2 years for visa purpose.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
21 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

I finally booked an interview for my fiance jan 13!  it was the only day and I grabbed it!  The schedule doesn't even show any other days available at all.  I wanted to try to postpone it a little or move it the end of the month but no luck.  I also don't want to risk losing it.  

But........

However one of her police clearances has expired (she got this one twice and it's from Dubai which is a colossal pain to get) and her cenomar has expired (this will be the third time she's even gotten one)  I'm trying to call the embassy to see if there is any leeway in letting her still do the interview with those two things being that way.  She hasn't left the country since I started this process.  Her passport can attest to that.  Has anyone had to deal with this?  Was the embassy forgiving on that part?  She still has all the documents of the times she's done this.  I was originally booking her appt for April of 2019.  They have to take that into account.  

She did renew her nbi and start a new Cenomar but they say it might not be ready til January 16th.  Her interview is the 13th.  

They wont allow. When my fiancee (wife on Dec 21, 2021) went for her interview, they were turning people back at the inital documet screening for missing or invalid documents. Callng, the embassy wont help cause they are only a call center. They can help you reachedule. Our reschedule took 2 months. If you do decide to reschedule tell them you want it "Escalated to Post". 

3 hours ago, arken said:

When was the PC issued? It is valid for 2 years for visa purpose.

or longer if they never return.  I believe the NBI is 6 months even though they say a year.  It truly is up to the CO and the pre-interview person taking the papers.  Nothing is black and white.  They asked for an NBI on my 14 year old step daughter.  We didnt argue.  We just went and got it.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Make sure you print out this website regarding the police certificate and view the comments listed below:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

Court/ Police Certificates

Available: Only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Fees:  Between 100 AED to 300 AED

Document Name: Police Clearance Certificate (issued by Emirates) or Criminal Clearance Certificate (federal) or Good Conduct Certificate

Issuing Authority: Federal Ministry of Interior or Emirates Police Departments

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There are no special seal(s)/color/format

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title.

Registration Criteria: Emirates ID, passport, valid resident visa, and two passport-sized photographs.

Procedure for Obtaining: Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence.  When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide biometrics, recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport. Visit or write to any of the following:

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents

Exceptions: None

Comments: Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Please note that the police clearance certificates issued in the UAE is only valid for three months.  At the time of the visa interview at the U. S. Embassy, please bring a valid UAE police clearance certificate in order to avoid any delays in the processing of your case.

Prison Records

Unavailable

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

But........

If your fiancee has not been back to Dubai then the expired PC is acceptable.       As an added note: UAE is a waiver country as the PC is only available when applying in person.   Embassy waives the requirement, but you have an expired one and have (?) not returned so you should be golden.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

As for the NBI and CENOMAR not being ready for the interview, that is not a major issue, attention the interview as scheduled, explain to the CO during the interview, then submit the NBI & CENOMAR through 2GO once she has them.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Her Dubai police clearance shows it was issued Nov 2 2020.  I'm lucky her Taiwan one shows no expiration date on it.  She has gotten two cenomars.  I hope the 3rd shows up before the interview but it had to be sent further from where she lives.  Will calling the embassy be any help in clarifying this?  I'm using Rapidvisa as my service and they really can't give any legal advice.  

"As for the NBI and CENOMAR not being ready for the interview, that is not a major issue, attention the interview as scheduled, explain to the CO during the interview, then submit the NBI & CENOMAR through 2GO once she has them."

What is the 2GO?  She was able to successfully renew her NBI.  It's just the Cenomar.  

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If your fiancee has not been back to Dubai then the expired PC is acceptable.       As an added note: UAE is a waiver country as the PC is only available when applying in person.   Embassy waives the requirement, but you have an expired one and have (?) not returned so you should be golden.

As for the NBI and CENOMAR not being ready for the interview, that is not a major issue, attention the interview as scheduled, explain to the CO during the interview, then submit the NBI & CENOMAR through 2GO once she has them.

Timeline
18 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Is she still in Dubai?  It never expires if she doesnt go back.  We used very old (over 10 years) Irish and Korean PCCs since she got them just before she left.  They worked fine.  She was asked if she ever returned to either country after the PCC was issued and she said no.  They accepted them.

She left years ago.  She's actually been in the Philippines waiting for all this to finish.  Our original interview date was going to be April of 2020.  Getting the Dubai PC is a pain in the ###.  You have to do it all online and once cleared you need to go to the Dubai embassy in Manila to finalize it.  She has never gone back.  I'm hoping showing her passport as being in the Philippines since 2018 would be enough to let them use it.  

5 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

She left years ago.  She's actually been in the Philippines waiting for all this to finish.  Our original interview date was going to be April of 2020.  Getting the Dubai PC is a pain in the ###.  You have to do it all online and once cleared you need to go to the Dubai embassy in Manila to finalize it.  She has never gone back.  I'm hoping showing her passport as being in the Philippines since 2018 would be enough to let them use it.  

They should accept the old one if she hasn’t gone back!  Good luck. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

They should accept the old one if she hasn’t gone back!  Good luck. 

I really hope that is the case!  She only lived in Taiwan and Dubai.  And has not returned to them since leaving them.  

Just now, CovidSucks21 said:

I really hope that is the case!  She only lived in Taiwan and Dubai.  And has not returned to them since leaving them.  

My wife was Korea and Ireland.  Same thing.  Never returned and her PCCs were accepted but she needed to add an AKA to her NBI.  Her name was misspelled on her daughter's birth certificate.  Yes, the pre interview person looks that closely at things...

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

My wife was Korea and Ireland.  Same thing.  Never returned and her PCCs were accepted but she needed to add an AKA to her NBI.  Her name was misspelled on her daughter's birth certificate.  Yes, the pre interview person looks that closely at things...

All our stuff is in order.  We were just waiting for the interview when Covid hit that April.  We were actually at the time waiting for the PC from Dubai of all things!  I'm just updating tax transcripts and paystubs etc to reflect the time difference since then.  I've been doing this since Feb of 2019.  I honestly had almost given up hope on it.  But your comments are making me hopeful hahah.  Once she left both places she never went back.  We have two expired Cenomars to show.  I seriously doubt that between all the waiting and the filing of TWO cenomars that she would get married to someone else hahah. 

I'm going to keep the appt and start getting her medical appts squared away.  Luckily I am partially filipino and have relatives that can help her in Manila.  

1 minute ago, CovidSucks21 said:

All our stuff is in order.  We were just waiting for the interview when Covid hit that April.  We were actually at the time waiting for the PC from Dubai of all things!  I'm just updating tax transcripts and paystubs etc to reflect the time difference since then.  I've been doing this since Feb of 2019.  I honestly had almost given up hope on it.  But your comments are making me hopeful hahah.  Once she left both places she never went back.  We have two expired Cenomars to show.  I seriously doubt that between all the waiting and the filing of TWO cenomars that she would get married to someone else hahah. 

I'm going to keep the appt and start getting her medical appts squared away.  Luckily I am partially filipino and have relatives that can help her in Manila.  

Cenomars only take a week or so.  Don't be surprised if they ask for a new one.  At least that is an easy fix.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.