TeeKay11

Help with I-130 Petition Pack

4 posts in this topic

Hello.

This might be a bit long but I want to provide as much background to my situation so those who can help me get a good picture of where I am..

My USC spouse and I (a Zimbabwean national resident in the UK) are in the process of putting together our petition for i130. We met back in June 2019 while he was stationed here in the UK (he's USAF). We spent nearly every day together and have several visits with his friends, my friends, my family and I even met his father when he came to visit. He then got orders to PCS and he went back to the US in November of 2019. We continued our relationship long distance throughout 2020, then when travel bans were lifted, he returned to the UK to visit me in December 2020 and during that visit we got engaged.

We decided it would be easier to get married here in the UK since I have family here and his family wouldn need visas to enter the UK as they are USCs who hold US passports. As per UK laws a couple that intends to marry is required to "give a notice of intent to marry" at their local Registrar's Office. Also, the UK laws say that if a person is intending to travel to the UK to marry or give notice of intent to marry, they have to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa. Since hubby is a US passport holder he didnt have a lot of experience with the ins and outs of applying for visas, so I put together most of what he needed and he applied and got his visa. He came to the UK and we gave notice of intent to marry.

Great! We planned the wedding: small and intimate but with both sets of parents in attendance and some of both our aunts and uncles.

Now, fast forward to today we're looking to start putting together our i130 petition pack. We've split our responsibilities into two parts: he will put together all the financial and legal aspects since he has records of the military docs that list me as his spouse and dependant, the docs that have me listed on his insurance as his beneficiary, his requests to his chain of command for all his visits etc. I am supposed to put together proof of relationship, ie; gathering photos, chats, details of trips etc. So this is where my question comes in: How many photos and chat logs would suffice to prove our relationship is bona fide? We talk EVERYDAY texting on WhatsApp and we have a lot of photos, with friends, family, of the wedding, trips and getaways. We have receipts from AirBnBs, his flights... I could go on and on. I just need a guideline as to how MUCH content I should provide. I don't want to overdo it but I don't want to come up short.

Thank you for reading and any pointers would be appreciated.

Taffy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As much as you feel necessary.  That being said, I would focus more on the evidence that shows you together like the AirBnB receipts, etc., and the evidence of the comingling of the marriage.  I would just send 6-10 photos and a few pages of recent chat logs.  You can always bring more photos and chat logs to the interview.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I second concentrating on evidence of time spent together in person, such as passport stamps, boarding passes and receipts.  You're not coming from a high fraud area.  No need to overthink it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank you both for your help! I know those of you are seasoned on this platform might find such questions irritating because it may be the same thing being asked over and over. Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for all your well wishes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.