Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'petiton'.
Found 3 results
Hi everyone! Im very concerned, so my fiancé (US citizen-petitioner) got a DUI couple of years ago. When we read petition through we thought that we need to disclose it once there is 3 times or more driving under influence. We sent our petition in December and we are waiting for our NOA2. I saw some posts on Facebook groups about that and some people got a RFE for that and a some got denied during embassy stage. This is really stressing me out, we didn’t mean to hide it especially that our lawyer told him that one DUI is nothing and he never asked about court documents or some police paperwork. I’m very concerned. Please I need advice. It was a couple of years ago, he went through probation and learned his lesson
Question to people who didn’t disclose DUI in their petition. Some of you probably saw my previous post about DUI, so we didn’t disclose my fiancé’s ( US citizen) DUI. Our lawyer put NO so we went straight with NO. It’s not okay and we are very stressed. Is there something we can do about that at that point? Send them the page of petition with the questionnaire about criminal story and court documents? Are there some people who got denied for something like that? I saw some stories and we are really freaked out. Our lawyer didn’t help at all.. it was one time DUI, I’m beneficiary and I’m aware of that
Hello, My (I'm USC) I-130 petition for my husband (beneficiary) was approved Dec 2019. We're currently in the States right now and we thought we had to have the I-130 approved first so it was filed separately from the AOS. The AOS was eventually submitted. As of Dec 2019 based on the USCIS case status tool online we're ready to be scheduled for an interview. Although we still haven't received a notice of the exact date. But regarding the I-130 approval notice it states that the petition was sent to the NVC. That my husband will receive further correspondence and we're assuming it could be further instructions. What could that be? We've also been told that if we did receive that correspondence from NVC we are to let them know that we've filed my husband's AOS already. By doing this, NVC will close our case on their side. Is this advice correct? If yes, do we also let them know we're waiting for the scheduled interview notice? If no, what would be the appropriate actions we need to take? Please any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you