15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

I had my interview 10th Nov and I was refused due to AP. Since then, my CEAC status changed from Refused to Application Received within the last 2-4 days. As per usual, the page says to check after 2 business days but I have a feeling it will take a little longer. Is anyone else going through the same or Has anyone been through the same? 

30 minutes ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

Hey guys,

I had my interview 10th Nov and I was refused due to AP. Since then, my CEAC status changed from Refused to Application Received within the last 2-4 days. As per usual, the page says to check after 2 business days but I have a feeling it will take a little longer. Is anyone else going through the same or Has anyone been through the same? 

My now husband got a 221g from London. Submitted the requested document and took us about 1 month from AP to him with visa in hand and flight over This was 2019. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

My now husband got a 221g from London. Submitted the requested document and took us about 1 month from AP to him with visa in hand and flight over This was 2019. 

Wow! Okay. And did his status change to anything else in between that time or does it just say "issued"?

59 minutes ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

Wow! Okay. And did his status change to anything else in between that time or does it just say "issued"?

The status stayed in AP mostly. It only changed to issued when the card was sent out. Drove ourselves crazy checking it everyday and suddenly there it was! Issued! 

Looking back I believe our status went to application received then to AP. Did you have to send anything in to them?

Edited by SuznAaron

2 hours ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

Hey guys,

What was the reason for the 221g?

Timeline
50 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

The status stayed in AP mostly. It only changed to issued when the card was sent out. Drove ourselves crazy checking it everyday and suddenly there it was! Issued! 

Looking back I believe our status went to application received then to AP. Did you have to send anything in to them?

Yeah when I was actually there in the embassy, the consular officer let me email the two pieces to him because I had it digitally but he said it would still need to be reviewed, hence the refused decision

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

What was the reason for the 221g?

I was missing a paper copy of his tax return (I'd showed him the digital copy and he was happy but a physical copy was needed) and an updated statement with intent to marry. He said that ours had expired because the petition was extended due to COVID

16 minutes ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

I was missing a paper copy of his tax return (I'd showed him the digital copy and he was happy but a physical copy was needed) and an updated statement with intent to marry. He said that ours had expired because the petition was extended due to COVID

Ah.  Those both sound like easy fixes.  I'd expect to sea an "Issued" status on CEAC by next weekish.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

Yeah when I was actually there in the embassy, the consular officer let me email the two pieces to him because I had it digitally but he said it would still need to be reviewed, hence the refused decision

You will be grand then! Hopefully you will hear something in the next week or 2. Guess it just depends on how busy they are right now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

Hey guys,

With missing documents, London has been (lately) issuing the visa within a week of receiving the documents. So if they requested a hard copy, did you courier it in with DX? 

Looking at your online status. The date may change meaning somebody was working on your file or they received your documents. Your status will show Immigrant Visa all this time. Right before they issue it, they will switch it to say Non-Immigrant which is what a K1 is. So look for that switch and you are about to be issued.

There is a UK FORUM where you can get London specific answers and talk to people with  London experience.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Ah.  Those both sound like easy fixes.  I'd expect to sea an "Issued" status on CEAC by next weekish.

Thank you! That would make sense as the officer estimated 2 weeks at my interview

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

With missing documents, London has been (lately) issuing the visa within a week of receiving the documents. So if they requested a hard copy, did you courier it in with DX? 

Looking at your online status. The date may change meaning somebody was working on your file or they received your documents. Your status will show Immigrant Visa all this time. Right before they issue it, they will switch it to say Non-Immigrant which is what a K1 is. So look for that switch and you are about to be issued.

There is a UK FORUM where you can get London specific answers and talk to people with  London experience.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Awesome! Thank you!

I've seen a few people have mentioned the 10-14 day range so fingers crossed that's the same here. And I actually sent my forms to the submissions email, the officer suggested it at the time of my interview so I don't know if it's faster or slower than the courier service.

Now that you mention it, my status has been on niv for about 4 days so I'm guessing that's good news, right?

1 hour ago, SuznAaron said:

You will be grand then! Hopefully you will hear something in the next week or 2. Guess it just depends on how busy they are right now. 

Thank you!! Fingers crossed we're one of the lucky ones :)

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaRoseyRose said:

my status has been on niv for about 4 days so I'm guessing that's good news, right?

Yes!

Timeline

Just a little update:

Our status changed from Refused to Application Received (16 Nov) and now to AP NIV (23 Nov). I'm hoping that we shift out of AP relatively quickly...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.