Soccer.Player

CRBA without citizen father

16 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI,

i have question i wana apply for CRBA AND passport for my kids  but i am in usa and the question is can my wife apply for kids CRBA AND PASSPORT IN pakistan? without me?

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

18 hours ago, Soccer.Player said:

i wana apply for CRBA AND passport for my kids

You mean your kids already born?  Your previous posts indicate that you are not yet a US citizen as you have not yet taken your oath.  As such, your kids do not qualify for CRBA as you were not a US citizen when they were born.

If you mean your kids who will be born after you become a USC, it seems the US embassy in Pakistan allows CRBA application even if only the non-USC parent can attend the interview.

Note that your kids, if born in Pakistan, would be Pakistani citizens as well.  If they do get a CRBA, then they would be dual citizens

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline
16 hours ago, pm5k said:

Note that your kids, if born in Pakistan, would be Pakistani citizens as well.  If they do get a CRBA, then they would be dual citizens

my question is if my wife can apply on my behalf or not i did not ask about dual citizenship  i know about that .

17 hours ago, Chancy said:

You mean your kids already born?   Your previous posts indicate that you are not yet a US citizen as you have not yet taken your oath.  As such, your kids do not qualify for CRBA as you were not a US citizen when they were born.

If you mean your kids who will be born after you become a USC, it seems the US embassy in Pakistan allows CRBA application even if only the non-USC parent can attend the interview.

yes Chancy i am not citizen yet i am going for oath on 19th november i wana apply for my wife and kids thats why i wana know the answer of my question.

Thanks for the reply

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

Citizenship

39 minutes ago, Soccer.Player said:

i am not citizen yet i am going for oath on 19th november i wana apply for my wife and kids

If you are asking for your kids already born, then no, your wife may not apply for CRBA for them because they do not qualify.

7 hours ago, Soccer.Player said:

my question is if my wife can apply on my behalf or not i did not ask about dual citizenship  i know about that .

I understand, I was just mentioning this as this may come into play here.  Based on what you have described, your kids would not qualify for CRBA if they were born abroad before you became a US citizen. 

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Chancy said:

If you are asking for your kids already born, then no, your wife may not apply for CRBA for them because they do not qualify.

They are under 18 still they are not eligible? 

MARCH 2012 2nd

Citizenship

25 minutes ago, Soccer.Player said:

It doesn't matter what age they are.  They are not eligible because you were not a US citizen when they were born.  CRBA is only for children who have at least one US citizen parent at the time of their birth.

Edited by Chancy
typo

Timeline
On 11/16/2021 at 9:56 AM, Chancy said:

It doesn't matter what age they are.  They are not eligible because you were not a US citizen when they were born.  CRBA is only for children who have at least one US citizen parent at the time of their birth.

Thanks for information 

MARCH 2012 2nd

Citizenship

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, Soccer.Player said:

Thanks for information 

You can not file CRBA for children born before you become a US citizen.

Have you filed an I-130 for your wife?  How old are your kids?  Did you file separate I-130 for them?  When will you take the oath of US citizenship?  If you filed only a single I-130 for your wife and you become a US citizen, your children will not qualify as derivative beneficiaries.

In order for your children under age 18 to become US citizens, you must petition them through the immigration process.  Once they enter the US with their immigrant visas, they would then qualify automatically for US citizenship.  

On 11/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, Soccer.Player said:

If you were not a citizen when they were born, then your children cannot be "born to a US citizen" (which is what CRBA is for)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/14/2021 at 12:49 PM, Soccer.Player said:

HI,

i have question i wana apply for CRBA AND passport for my kids  but i am in usa and the question is can my wife apply for kids CRBA AND PASSPORT IN pakistan? without me?

You cannot (if they were born before you became a citizen)

You can apply for N600k for your children after you get your naturalization certificate by following simple steps, hoping your family get together soon.

Cheers.

Children of U.S. Citizens Residing Outside the United States

Children residing outside of the United States may obtain citizenship under Section 322 of the INA. A child who regularly resides outside of the United States is eligible for naturalization if all of the following conditions have been met:

• The child has at least one parent, including an adoptive parent, who is a U.S. citizen by birth or through naturalization;
  • The child’s U.S. citizen parent or U.S. citizen grandparent meets certain physical presence requirements in the United States or an outlying possession;
  • The child is under 18 years of age;
  • The child is residing outside of the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent, or of a person who does not object to the application if the U.S. citizen parent is deceased; and
  • The child is lawfully admitted, physically present, and maintaining a lawful status in the United States at the time the application is approved and the time of naturalization.

Note: Children of U.S. citizen military members residing outside the United States may complete the entire process from abroad. For more information, see our Military Citizenship for Family Members page.

For more information, see the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 12, Part H, Children of U.S. Citizens.

To apply for citizenship under INA 322, see our Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322 and read the instructions carefully to ensure that you qualify

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

$1170 is the fees 😬

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2021 at 1:49 PM, Soccer.Player said:

HI,

i just go through this process

fill up these forms 

DS 2029

DS 3053

DS 11

most important part if us citizen is not there fill up 

DS 5507

all notarized from notary 

documents 

5 years W2

job verification letter

all us and Pakistani passports with all pages should be notary 

your citizenship 

passport, id, SSC , SSC earning statement for 5 years from social security office., las pay stubs .

i send all these documents and we received baby citizenship and passport 10 working days 

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 12:52 AM, Soccer.Player said:

yes Chancy i am not citizen yet i am going for oath on 19th november i wana apply for my wife and kids thats why i wana know the answer of my question.

Thanks for the reply

You don’t get a CRBA for your children if you become a citizen after they are born 

You need to file a petition for them.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.