chimi

evidence of having met in the past 2 years and ongoing relationship

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Aaack!

I'm getting ready to send in my I-129F packet and all of a sudden I feel like my evidence is not going to appear very strong..........

This is what I have..........what do you all think?!

Boarding passes from flights to Mexico City (and my fiance doesn't live in Mexico City, but I flew into Mexico City a couple of times and took other transport to get to my final destination and I haven't saved tickets as evidence ... we met while both living and working - separately - in another city in Mexico, and then we lived together in yet another part of the country... but since we have been in the same towns pretty much since we met I haven't had to travel to see him apart from when I went home to US and returned to Mexico afterwards...)

A few photos (I can't believe we don't have more of us together in the same shot!!)

Lots of emails (aack they're all in Spanish... can I translate for myself or do I have to hire somebody???)

I think that's all I have! It seems like almost nothing... and the truth is we have spent the past year seeing each other practically every day, up until I returned a couple of weeks ago to the US to have our baby (due in 1 month!! due to some health complications I had to come to US at the last minute and of course that means he won't be able to be here when I give birth... political borders are such evil things sometimes)

Should I get letters from friends and relatives attesting to the authenticity of our relationship? Is there any way to prove to the USCIS that my fiance is the father of my child?

Hopefully this posting makes sense, reading it over it seems a bit complicated...........

Passport entry/exit stamps? AtM withdrawals in-country? Hotel receipts, or apartment rental receipts?

The emails aren't proof of having met in the past two years and relationship materials aren't asked for at this point. I wouldn't submit them unless you have one or two that discuss travel plans to meet, and are somehow verifiable by date/time stamp. Even so, they would only be secondary evidence.

Letters from friends and relatives have helped some people in the past, as well as one or two photos.

What I would do in your situation is sit down with every piece of evidence you have and on a seperate sheet of paper write down what it means, and how each subsequent piece of evidence thereafter reinforces what you're trying to prove to USCIS. You need to tell a story with what you're putting in front of them and even if there's gaps in the evidence put forth the best description of events that you can. You need to do the thinking for them. Don't just drop off a lot of "stuf" on their desk and expect them to figure it all out. Trust me, they won't bother.

Remember, you can only submit what you have! Make the best of it.

good luck.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

I submitted boarding passes, hotel receipts and various credit card statements. :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Validating what kaydee mentions........Use the statement re question 18 on the I-129F to detail the circumstances under which you met to establish the relationship........the evidence you then have supports those details.

All the best to you.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

A DNA test will verify paternity and that you had met within the past 2 years

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Yep, I guess you couldn't get any better than that....It would be hard to prove that he knocked her up, er I mean that he made her pregnant three years ago.....

Hmm, on second thought, could it have been a artificial insemination?

Just kidding....I don't think they're smart enough to even think of such a thing. :lol:

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, I guess you couldn't get any better than that....It would be hard to prove that he knocked her up, er I mean that he made her pregnant three years ago.....

Hmm, on second thought, could it have been a artificial insemination?

Just kidding....I don't think they're smart enough to even think of such a thing. :lol:

If you were living over there.... a copy of your residence permit should help as well.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just make sure that when writing the declaration, the USC fiance describes why you don´t have more evidence, since you lived in Mexico, together.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I wonder if anyone knows, is the DNA test really plausible? I wouldn't be sending it in with the I-129F (the little one has to be born first!), but for the consular interview perhaps? I bet its expensive...

Also I was thinking... I will be returning to Mexico with the baby as soon as we are given the ok to travel (I'm certain this will be at least a couple of months before the interview at the consulate in Juarez), and we would like to register the baby as a Mexican citizen as well (of course, since he'll be born i the US he'll have his US citizenship automatically...). I have to research exactly how to go about this (and my experience with Mexican beaurocracy makes me shudder thinking about how complicated this could possible be...) but this would also really strengthen our evidence, no?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I even used the citation i got for overstaying my visa in Romania :) I thought that was the best proof ontop of everything else i sent. I wouldnt suggest overstaying your visa in the other country, but if you did, find your citation, it will for once be very useful. :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

[

quote name='kaydee457' date='Mar 31 2006, 03:28 AM' post='104269]

Passport entry/exit stamps? AtM withdrawals in-country? Hotel receipts, or apartment rental receipts?

I don't have any stamps in my passport from my last exits and entries to and from Mexico!! I seem to remember that that they just swiped it, I assumed that with the new passports (had to get a new one last year cuz mine was stolen) everything is tracked electronically.

Letters from friends and relatives have helped some people in the past, as well as one or two photos.

Does anybody know about submitting these letters? How does one verify that the the actual friend or relative wrote the letter? Just by them having signed it?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We lived together throughout the K1 process and used his Irish work authorization as proof, plus 4 photos. To be honest, our letter of intent doubled as how we met, and explained the situation. :)

I'll post Rob's letter of intent for you too in a second!

K1 Fiancée Visa Petition of

Robert X. Xxxxx, on behalf of

Amanda X. Xxxxx

Being duly sworn, I, Robert X. Xxxx, declare:

I am the petitioner named above. I am a citizen of the United States, having been born in Xxxxx, XX on (date). I live at (U.S address).

It is my intention to marry Amanda X. Xxxx within ninety days of her arrival in the United States on a K-1 fiancé visa. In fact, we are planning the wedding for (date), so I hope this petition will be approved in time for us to keep these wedding plans.

I met Amanda through a friend that I work with at XXXX in Limerick, Ireland in July, 2004. We instantly hit it off and began to see each other frequently. It was evident that this was going to be a long term relationship and we are very happy together and can’t wait to get married.

I proposed to Amanda this year on (date) while at dinner and she happily accepted. I met Amanda’s parents last year and have spent many hours at their house. Both her mother and father have given us their blessing to get married and for Amanda to live her life with me in America. Amanda’s parents and I get along great and we have been to numerous hurling matches and dinners together.

As evidence that my fiancée, Amanda and I have met each other in person and are getting married because we love each other, I am attaching several snapshots taken of us together in Ireland this year. Some of the photos are with her family at their house in Clare, as well as some others of the two of us around the Limerick area.

Robert X. Xxxxx

Hope that helps a little bit! :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I even used the citation i got for overstaying my visa in Romania :) I thought that was the best proof ontop of everything else i sent. I wouldnt suggest overstaying your visa in the other country, but if you did, find your citation, it will for once be very useful. :)

I agree...use the most ridiculous things- most unsual things you have to prove it is legitimate.....on top of everything else (passport stamps, boarding passes, itinieary email, photos) we also wrote a letter stating we visited the Zagreb Embassy on a certain day, with proof of it being in their records...the airline also managed to lose Davids luggage, so we are also keeping the recepit (it has my address as the delivery address)

:)

good luck!

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Timeline

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, that I don't have my passport stamped from my last two exits and entries into Mexico?? I assume that this is becoming or will become quite common with the new US passports... or are they still supposed to stamp passports and I just didn't get stamped?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The Instructions on I-129F say: "Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé (e) have personally met within the last two yours". I just sent my passport copies, boarding pass copies, hotel receipt copies and digital photos with dates on them. If they asked me "how you develop your relationship between you and your fiancé (e), I would have to send emails, phone bills, chatting records...

I do not agree with someone said "the more, the better"; I agree with someone said "no less, no more".

If we supply more materials than they want, it will confuse Imm. Officers and slow down the process.

Andy

Mar 21, 2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Mar 28, 2006 - I-129F NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2006 - Email from USCIS, the RFE received

Aug 31, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.