ELLENN

service center changes (merged)

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My service center says Nebreska on the receipt. I just asked Emma on USCIS online chat. I was told now it's in vermont

Is it normal? I didn't get any letter telling me service center is changed to vermont either

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

That seems to happen more frequently than it used to......but I wouldn't worry about it.  USCIS can transfer the case any time they see a need.  Many of us experienced case transfers with no delay in processing. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

That seems to happen more frequently than it used to......but I wouldn't worry about it.  USCIS can transfer the case any time they see a need.  Many of us experienced case transfers with no delay in processing. 

I compare the processing time of each service center. Vermont takes almost a year for a US citizen filing for their spouse while it's 3-7.5months in Nebreska center. Some people said case changed to vermont means case is kind of complicated. Because our K1 was rejected during interview in China embassy because of doubt about bona-fide relationship. So we got married and filed I-130. Not sure if it will cause more complicated for the case process? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ELLENN said:

Because our K1 was rejected during interview in China embassy because of doubt about bona-fide relationship. So we got married and filed I-130. Not sure if it will cause more complicated for the case process?

That would not create any issues, imo.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Just keep busy and look ahead at the next steps.  Good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to USCIS Service Centers forum ***

2 hours ago, ELLENN said:

Is it normal? I didn't get any letter telling me service center is changed to vermont either

Yes, normal.  We also didn't get notified when our case was transferred to another service center.  Many here found out about their case transfer the same way you did -- by chatting with Emma online or calling the USCIS hotline.

Check this thread to hear from others whose I-130 petitions were also transferred to Vermont SC in 2021 --

Timeline

Don’t get discouraged! We were also excited that we got assigned to NSC first and were devastated when we found out that we got transferred to CSC - also without any notice - because their processing time was between 21-29 months. NSC had a processing time of 3-7 months at that time and we still got approved at CSC after 7 months in the end. Good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 9:27 AM, ELLENN said:

I compare the processing time of each service center. Vermont takes almost a year for a US citizen filing for their spouse while it's 3-7.5months in Nebreska center. Some people said case changed to vermont means case is kind of complicated. Because our K1 was rejected during interview in China embassy because of doubt about bona-fide relationship. So we got married and filed I-130. Not sure if it will cause more complicated for the case process? 

If you check out that thread "Case moved to Vermont" as Chancy mentioned and you will see we were approved in just under 6 months at Vermont and at that time the processing time was up to like 33 months!  I don't think Vermont is for complicated cases, because (again see the thread) a lot of couples there had no red flags or complications. Try not to worry!  Work on getting tax transcripts for the last tax year and up to two previous years if you opt for that because they are required at NVC and you want to be ready to submit by the time you get approved at USCIS.  Also your spouse can look at the instructions for the DS260 electronic application which is also submitted at the NVC.  We also submitted a letter of employment.  And we uploaded photos from a recent visit and additional chat and call logs just to be on the safe side, so if you want to work on that you can.  A lot of people have success with CR1 after getting K-1 denied, so hopefully that will be the case with you.  And every day you are together, and communicating with each other adds to the time which you have known each other which also helps your case I think.  Good luck! :)

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260-Exemplar.pdf

1 hour ago, sarabou17 said:

I don't think Vermont is for complicated cases, because (again see the thread) a lot of couples there had no red flags or complications

K-1 cases sent to Vermont (vs California) are 100% complicated by petitioner's criminal background.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

K-1 cases sent to Vermont (vs California) are 100% complicated by petitioner's criminal background.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here.   1. All K-1 cases sent to Vermont are couples where the petitioner has a criminal background.  2. Any K-1 which is sent to Vermont will be complicated if the petitioner has a criminal background.  At any rate, the OP is not doing K-1.  And I've read other theories that Vermont is for complicated cases, but as I said, a lot of the people who posted on my original thread did not have complications.  It seems a little farfetched that they would designate one center for "complicated cases". 

4 minutes ago, sarabou17 said:

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here.   1. All K-1 cases sent to Vermont are couples where the petitioner has a criminal background.  2. Any K-1 which is sent to Vermont will be complicated if the petitioner has a criminal background.  At any rate, the OP is not doing K-1.  And I've read other theories that Vermont is for complicated cases, but as I said, a lot of the people who posted on my original thread did not have complications.  It seems a little farfetched that they would designate one center for "complicated cases". 

The theories you've read about, "complicated cases being sent to Vermont" apply exclusively to K-1 cases where the petitioner has a criminal background.  K-1s with no criminal history are adjudicated in California.  CR/IR-1 cases sent to Vermont are no more or less 'complicated' than those sent elsewhere.

I am aware that the OP is not doing a K-1.  I posted to clarify that only K-1s sent to Vermont are in a class of their own in terms of processing time.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

My case is CR1, not K1

My K1 was approved in California last year but it got rejected during interview in China Embassy. They just gave reason saying doubt about bona fide relastionship. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

My case was updated on 12/28 and said it is actively reviewed. I am shocked it is so fast in Vermont service center. So I asked EMMA again the other day and chat with USCIS representitive online. And I was told my case is always in Nebreska. I'm very confused as I was told a few months ago that my case was transfered from Nebreska to Vermont. So whose words is right? Does anybody have the same experience? 

Timeline
On 11/16/2021 at 10:08 PM, Jorgedig said:

The theories you've read about, "complicated cases being sent to Vermont" apply exclusively to K-1 cases where the petitioner has a criminal background.  K-1s with no criminal history are adjudicated in California.  CR/IR-1 cases sent to Vermont are no more or less 'complicated' than those sent elsewhere.

I am aware that the OP is not doing a K-1.  I posted to clarify that only K-1s sent to Vermont are in a class of their own in terms of processing time.

My case was updated on 12/28 and said it is actively reviewed. I am shocked it is so fast in Vermont service center. So I asked EMMA again the other day and chat with USCIS representitive online. And I was told my case is always in Nebreska. I'm very confused as I was told a few months ago that my case was transfered from Nebreska to Vermont. So whose words is right? Does anybody have the same experience? 

Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to USCIS Service Centers forum ***

Yes, normal.  We also didn't get notified when our case was transferred to another service center.  Many here found out about their case transfer the same way you did -- by chatting with Emma online or calling the USCIS hotline.

Check this thread to hear from others whose I-130 petitions were also transferred to Vermont SC in 2021 --

My case was originally with Nebreska which also says on the receipt. After a month I asked USCIS/Emma and I was told it was transferred to Vermont. Then in 4 months, I asked USCIS/Emma again and I was told the case is now in Nebreska. My questions is my case was sent to Vermont for background investigation and then sent back to Nebreska? Does anybody have the experience?

Timeline

My case was originally with Nebreska which also says on the receipt. After a month I asked USCIS/Emma and I was told it was transferred to Vermont. Then in 4 months, I asked USCIS/Emma again and I was told the case is now in Nebreska. My questions is my case was sent to Vermont for background investigation and then sent back to Nebreska? Does anybody have the experience?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.