Sarge2155

November 2021 - AOS Filers

248 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Congrats to everyone getting their EADs. Just wondering if you all expedited your request? I'm a bit confused as the processing times on USCIS website suggests this for I765's filed through AOS :

20 Months to 21.5 Months
Based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)]
May 18, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I was looking at the case numbers (about 100) around me and almost all minus about 4 say, "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS". Ours says "Case was Received and a Receipt Notice was Sent" still... Just curious about anyone on the forum in November AOS experience with these two statuses??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, NB5347 said:

I was looking at the case numbers (about 100) around me and almost all minus about 4 say, "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS". Ours says "Case was Received and a Receipt Notice was Sent" still... Just curious about anyone on the forum in November AOS experience with these two statuses??

For what forms? ours says case was received on the I-130

Actively reviewed on the I- 485 this one change after biometrics 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jjmera said:

For what forms? ours says case was received on the I-130

Actively reviewed on the I- 485 this one change after biometrics 

Ahh ok so it changed after biometrics? It seems our field office, San Antonio takes awhile to schedule biometrics so maybe that’s why. Also yes, on i-485.

Edited by NB5347
Add i485

1 hour ago, TF257384 said:

We had our AOS interview yesterday and our case status updated to approved today. Hopefully only a couple of weeks to receive the physical green card! 

Updated timeline:

11/24 Mailed AOS Package

12/1 NOA received for each application (I-485, I-765, I-130

12/4 Biometric appointment scheduled

12/27 Biometric appointment completed

1/22 Status updated to interview was scheduled 

1/28 Letter received with appointment date 

3/3 Interview for AOS

3/4 Case status updated to approved on online portal 

Congratulations 🎉🥳 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/4/2022 at 11:02 AM, TF257384 said:

We had our AOS interview yesterday and our case status updated to approved today. Hopefully only a couple of weeks to receive the physical green card! 

Updated timeline:

11/24 Mailed AOS Package

12/1 NOA received for each application (I-485, I-765, I-130

12/4 Biometric appointment scheduled

12/27 Biometric appointment completed

1/22 Status updated to interview was scheduled 

1/28 Letter received with appointment date 

3/3 Interview for AOS

3/4 Case status updated to approved on online portal 

HI congrats on your approval!! Would you mind sharing if you expedited your case as some September filers are still waiting for their interview date and yours seemed to move very quickly. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, slarkiplier said:

HI congrats on your approval!! Would you mind sharing if you expedited your case as some September filers are still waiting for their interview date and yours seemed to move very quickly. Thanks.

Hey! No, we did not expedite our case, so I am also surprised by how quickly it was processed. We didn’t apply for advance parole, so not sure if that made any difference in the processing time. 

12 minutes ago, slarkiplier said:

I think it depends on location... for some of them process is really fast, for others it may take years....

I am also in California and since biometrics (Dec 28) nothing changed.

Edited by EvaT

Timeline
2 hours ago, TF257384 said:

Hey! No, we did not expedite our case, so I am also surprised by how quickly it was processed. We didn’t apply for advance parole, so not sure if that made any difference in the processing time. 

Thanks for the reply! I believe it might be because of the local offices as EvaT pointed out, the AP should have helped too, one less document to process I'm guessing. 

2 hours ago, EvaT said:

I think it depends on location... for some of them process is really fast, for others it may take years....

I am also in California and since biometrics (Dec 28) nothing changed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.