beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,267 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I hope you’re moving somewhere that has nothing to do with SF field office, @OldUser what a shitshow 😄 Aug 26 I got a notification from Lawfully App that there is a new update on my N-400 case so naturally I was hoping for an invitation. To my dismay it was yet another “Your case is being actively reviewed”??????! Wtaf. I already had this status hanging from Oct 17, the only thing changed is just a date 😂 Now that they are behind their 9.5mo of average processing time given on the website they looked at my case again, got rid off dust from its cover so to speak and put it back on the shelf 😳 I was at “ET: things are taking longer than expected” now it’s back to 10 months. I’m so confused here. Conveniently for them they hid their actions. If I look at MyUscis profile case history does not show that I ever had “As of Oct 17 2022 we are actively reviewing your case”, it only has Aug 26 now!!! Like it was never there. They make it look like they’ve literally just picked it up…or not. We shall see. Wonder if smthg like this happened to other members. Lawfully has both dates. I kept the screenshot.  My only hope that it CAN be a good sign that they are finally ON it and working, but don’t hold my breath really.  
IMG_9765.thumb.jpeg.c2910b993358580ad76fb5b8f2ebae7c.jpeg

@Elena & Craig sorry to hear your case is taking forever. Hope you get resolution soon! My field office was and still is SF 😃 That's one of the reasons why I'm holding off applying for N-400. Soon enough I will be eligible for 5 year rule (just over a year). Hopefully things will improve by then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

I hope you’re moving somewhere that has nothing to do with SF field office, @OldUser what a shitshow 😄 Aug 26 I got a notification from Lawfully App that there is a new update on my N-400 case so naturally I was hoping for an invitation. To my dismay it was yet another “Your case is being actively reviewed”??????! Wtaf. I already had this status hanging from Oct 17, the only thing changed is just a date 😂 Now that they are behind their 9.5mo of average processing time given on the website they looked at my case again, got rid off dust from its cover so to speak and put it back on the shelf 😳 I was at “ET: things are taking longer than expected” now it’s back to 10 months. I’m so confused here. Conveniently for them they hid their actions. If I look at MyUscis profile case history does not show that I ever had “As of Oct 17 2022 we are actively reviewing your case”, it only has Aug 26 now!!! Like it was never there. They make it look like they’ve literally just picked it up…or not. We shall see. Wonder if smthg like this happened to other members. Lawfully has both dates. I kept the screenshot.  My only hope that it CAN be a good sign that they are finally ON it and working, but don’t hold my breath really.  
IMG_9765.thumb.jpeg.c2910b993358580ad76fb5b8f2ebae7c.jpeg

I never got a notification, but once I was randomly checking my N400 status and I noticed that the "actively being reviewed" status date changed from Feb to June. And then about 3 weeks later the status changed to "interview scheduled". Also, my 751 was pending, and on July 17th (six days after I got the interview scheduled status update) it was approved, out of the blue. My interview is tomorrow at 8:00 am!!! So yours might be coming soon.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

I never got a notification, but once I was randomly checking my N400 status and I noticed that the "actively being reviewed" status date changed from Feb to June. And then about 3 weeks later the status changed to "interview scheduled". Also, my 751 was pending, and on July 17th (six days after I got the interview scheduled status update) it was approved, out of the blue. My interview is tomorrow at 8:00 am!!! So yours might be coming soon.

Good luck to both you and I 🍀 

You were right. Lawfully app is awesome, I just got a notification from them again that my interview is scheduled then checked my USCIS profile and under Docs tab found my date. Short notice - they expect me already on Sept 13. Usually it is a generous 5 weeks warning. Time to brush up on Civics, haha.  Not a bad present for my b-day 😊 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Elena & Craig said:

Good luck to both you and I 🍀 

You were right. Lawfully app is awesome, I just got a notification from them again that my interview is scheduled then checked my USCIS profile and under Docs tab found my date. Short notice - they expect me already on Sept 13. Usually it is a generous 5 weeks warning. Time to brush up on Civics, haha.  Not a bad present for my b-day 😊 

Yayyyy I told ya!!! Yep, they gave me 47 days of notice for my interview. 
So basically when they change the date on the “actively being reviewed” status it means that someone has at least touched your file.

I just hope to receive the approval after the interview tomorrow. That’d make my day!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
Just now, skapali said:

Have my interview tomorrow and hoping it all goes well and I have the option for a same day swearing in ceremony

Me too!!! I’m tomorrow too!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

Does anybody of you know or do you plan yourself to apply not only for passport but a passport card too? I can’t remember where on the forum I’ve seen info about it. Not sure if I’d need a passport card on top of a passport book. Somehow I recall it’s been recommended to have a card too 🤔 Links are appreciated too, thanks. 

32 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Does anybody of you know or do you plan yourself to apply not only for passport but a passport card too? I can’t remember where on the forum I’ve seen info about it. Not sure if I’d need a passport card on top of a passport book. Somehow I recall it’s been recommended to have a card too 🤔 Links are appreciated too, thanks. 

Yes, I would apply for large passport book (no difference to regular in price) and passport card (yes, additional fee). Passport card is an additional identity document and proof of citizenship. Passport card can be used to cross some land borders (AFAIK Mexico, Canada) and board cruises.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/card.html

It may be helpful if you lose/damage your passport and need proof of identity / citizenship while waiting for new passport.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hello all thanks for all the support and wishes. I took my oath and am now officially a US citizen. Lawrence offered the same day swearing in ceremony and I took the oath and my wife was allowed to view the proceedings. As for the interview it was very easy and straightforward and no additional documents were requested. The officer did the N400 interview and at the end said I-751 will be approved. My wife was allowed to be present in the room during my N400 interview. The questions I was asked were :
1. What are two ways citizens can take part in the civic process?
2. What age do men have to be to register for Selective service?
3. What happened at the constituitional convention?
4. What did MLK Jr. Do?
5. What is the capital of the United States?
6. Name one branch of the government
Best wishes to all on your journeys

2 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Funny note: he asked me how long 751s are taking because officer’s wife has a pending one! 😂😂😂

that's actually hilarious - can't he just call there as an IO? Well. I'm sorry he is going through that. We know how it feels. 

When tomorrow starts without me..

please try to understand, That an Angel came and called

my name, and took me by the hand; The angel said my

place was ready, In Heaven far above, And that I'd have

to leave behind all those I dearly love. But when I walked 

through Heaven's Gates, I felt so much at home, for God

looked down, smiled at me, And told me "Welcome Home."

So when tomorrow starts without me, 

Don't think we're far apart, for every time you think of me,

I'm right there in your heart.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Alrighty, now that’s a wrap, my peeps. I had my naturalization interview today, Sept 13 in SF office. Seems like I was the very first person called by a very nice tall young male officer. My interview overall took maybe 20-25 mins and was a breeze, felt like talking to a friend. Since my appt was so early in the day they had a chance to schedule me for the same day ceremony at 11am. It was about 60 folks, all done very quickly and off we go. 

BEST OF LUCK to still waiting people and happy to answer any additional questions you may have. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.