JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
21 hours ago, hawright13 said:

Has anyone been able to look and see available appointment times at their embassy before filling out the DS-160? My fiancé’s embassy is Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, but he is working in Lomé, Togo right now. So we’ve been trying to decide whether or not to have the NVC switch his embassy and send it to Lomé before they ship it out. Not sure if that will push us back though so we were trying to compare appointment wait times between both. Any help is appreciated if you guys have had to do this! 

You will not see available dates unless you complete ds-160 and pay the $265 fee. Has your case shipped to the embassy? If you select an appointment and your case has not shipped you will have to reschedule. If it has, i would go ahead and pay the fees and schedule an appointment. 

Edited by J&D1008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
6 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

You will not see available dates unless you complete ds-160 and pay the $265 fee. Has your case shipped to the embassy? If you select an appointment and your case has not shipped you will have to reschedule. If it has, i would go ahead and pay the fees and schedule an appointment. 

It has not shipped yet, but that is the point. We are trying to decide if want to stick with the Burkina Faso embassy or switch to the Togo one since that is where is my fiancé is working currently. But I don't want our case to be delayed in shipping if we switch. Do you see what I mean?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, hawright13 said:

It has not shipped yet, but that is the point. We are trying to decide if want to stick with the Burkina Faso embassy or switch to the Togo one since that is where is my fiancé is working currently. But I don't want our case to be delayed in shipping if we switch. Do you see what I mean?

Sure, I understand! That is a bit hard because you essentially have to pay the fee and fill out ds-160 to see appointments. If you do that and then want to switch embassies you will have to fill out another ds-160 and pay another fee. Have you emailed the Burkina Faso embassy? Or is Togo processing normally? 

You can look on this website under "Post and Visa Class" to see how many visas they are issuing.. Its goes by city.... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Timeline
12 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Sure, I understand! That is a bit hard because you essentially have to pay the fee and fill out ds-160 to see appointments. If you do that and then want to switch embassies you will have to fill out another ds-160 and pay another fee. Have you emailed the Burkina Faso embassy? Or is Togo processing normally? 

You can look on this website under "Post and Visa Class" to see how many visas they are issuing.. Its goes by city.... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Never heard of this website before, but I will check it out for sure. Thank you! Togo is not processing normally, so maybe it is best to stay with Burkina Faso. I will email their embassy to get more information. Thank you so much🥰

Timeline
1 minute ago, hawright13 said:

Never heard of this website before, but I will check it out for sure. Thank you! Togo is not processing normally, so maybe it is best to stay with Burkina Faso. I will email their embassy to get more information. Thank you so much🥰

Sure no problem. Its the Travel state website. Every month they post the statistics on visas. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Just now, Lena1 said:

Finally got my nvc case number today it took 5 weeks from noa2 

That’s crazy. I got mine 2 days after NVC got the package. Glad you finally got it though 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lena1 said:

Finally got my nvc case number today it took 5 weeks from noa2 

Happy to hear! I know you’ve been waiting patiently! 🙂

23 hours ago, AD1 said:

I am December NOA 2 (just got NOA2 on 12/14). Can I update my email with NVC now or I need to wait for NVC case number? In the form it asks NVC case number or uscis receipt number. I assume I can? Thanks 

You will need to wait until you get the NVC case number. Start calling them after two weeks to see if they have it! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
6 minutes ago, haley45 said:

Happy to hear! I know you’ve been waiting patiently! 🙂

You will need to wait until you get the NVC case number. Start calling them after two weeks to see if they have it! 

I actually updated our emails addresses via the link provided in the pdf. It asked for uscis case number or NVC and I entered my uscis case number and worked for me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Just now, AD1 said:

I actually updated our emails addresses via the link provided in the pdf. It asked for uscis case number or NVC and I entered my uscis case number and worked for me :)

I did the same. Do you get a confirmation from them that it has been updated? I haven’t yet and it’s been maybe 2 weeks 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jonathanh said:

I did the same. Do you get a confirmation from them that it has been updated? I haven’t yet and it’s been maybe 2 weeks 

I would call and make sure they have it. I originally updated ours too via the link and when I called later, they only had my email address. So might want to double check! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.