JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
12 hours ago, haley45 said:

My case has been “in transit” status for almost 2 weeks now and still no call from the embassy to my fiancé. Anyone else running into this problem? I thought the process moved quick once the case was shipped to the embassy? I know there were holidays in between but I thought once the embassy received it (which according to the DHL hack, they have), they would call. We are trying to meet a wedding deadline here so if anyone has experienced something similar with their embassy, please let me know! 

Do they call the alien fiancée when the case is ready? if so where do they get that info? My understanding I-129F only asked for fiancé phone number (not email).

Wouldn't the embassy contact the alien fiancé or fiancée when we fill out DS-160 via email? just curios and trying to understand the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
18 minutes ago, AD1 said:

Do they call the alien fiancée when the case is ready? if so where do they get that info? My understanding I-129F only asked for fiancé phone number (not email).

Wouldn't the embassy contact the alien fiancé or fiancée when we fill out DS-160 via email? just curios and trying to understand the process.

They contact the applicant (fiancé residing in foreign country) by phone, I believe. But they have yet to do so. I was told not to submit the DS-160 until we receive the call. Then to fill out the form, set up medical and schedule interview. 

Timeline

It is interesting they call. I thought after you fill out DS-160 they will email with all the stuff you need to bring to embassy for interview so then you can schedule an appointment after.

18 minutes ago, haley45 said:

They contact the applicant (fiancé residing in foreign country) by phone, I believe. But they have yet to do so. I was told not to submit the DS-160 until we receive the call. Then to fill out the form, set up medical and schedule interview. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, AD1 said:

It is interesting they call. I thought after you fill out DS-160 they will email with all the stuff you need to bring to embassy for interview so then you can schedule an appointment after.

Maybe it is different for each embassy? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, haley45 said:

Maybe it is different for each embassy? 

Not sure that’s what I am trying to figure out.

I know they won’t email until they have DS-160 filled out since it asks for applicant email address on that form. They have applicant phone number from uscis I-129f (but not email address)

On 1/3/2022 at 12:30 PM, haley45 said:

My case has been “in transit” status for almost 2 weeks now and still no call from the embassy to my fiancé. Anyone else running into this problem? I thought the process moved quick once the case was shipped to the embassy? I know there were holidays in between but I thought once the embassy received it (which according to the DHL hack, they have), they would call. We are trying to meet a wedding deadline here so if anyone has experienced something similar with their embassy, please let me know! 

In my experience with the London embassy, no one called me or emailed me when my case was ready - I just checked on ceac and saw it. 

Timeline

Hi everyone! 

My fiancé’s interview is soon and I want to make sure he has all he needs from me for the affidavit of support. I sent the signed affidavit, 2 months worth of bank statements for each account, my latest tax return and a signed letter from my employer stating my job, salary, etc. Is that all that’s needed? Did anyone else send anything further with the affidavit? 

Thanks in advance! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Dani has her interview on Feb 23rd which I will be attending. She plans to come to the states the middle of March with her son. The next step after that for us will be filing for adjustment of status and early parole so she is able to travel out of the country before the green card comes. Up until this point we have been using an immigration attorney to handle all the paperwork. I am getting quoted $3,000 for the adjustment of status. That does not include the fee to the government to file. Is this something I can handle myself. I have just been worried the whole time that everything is done correctly that’s why I got a lawyer up to this point.  If this is something relatively easy for me to do myself I would rather save the $3,000. 

On 1/13/2022 at 11:38 PM, haley45 said:

Hi everyone! 

My fiancé’s interview is soon and I want to make sure he has all he needs from me for the affidavit of support. I sent the signed affidavit, 2 months worth of bank statements for each account, my latest tax return and a signed letter from my employer stating my job, salary, etc. Is that all that’s needed? Did anyone else send anything further with the affidavit? 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi! I believe you should send further tax returns if you have them available, to show a longer period of stable income. 

Did you send all this digitally to your fiancé?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, stsel said:

Hi! I believe you should send further tax returns if you have them available, to show a longer period of stable income. 

Did you send all this digitally to your fiancé?

Yes I did, which they said was acceptable. I am also emailing it to the consular office just in case. I will send more tax returns. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We got approved for the visa yesterday in Lima Peru. I attended the interview. It was extremely simple. They asked a few questions like what state will you be living in, what kind of work does your fiancé do, what do you plan on doing once you get to the USA. We spent much more time waiting in lines than the interview. Interview took all of 5 minutes max. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.