JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

149 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

Best time to call is first thing in the morning or late in the evening to avoid any extended wait times.

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread please read as these are most asked questions multiple times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
On 10/31/2021 at 12:46 PM, JojoandTomas said:

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

Best time to call is first thing in the morning or late in the evening to avoid any extended wait times.

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread please read as these are most asked questions multiple times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Joining this group as I got my NOA2 today (November 10)! Hoping for a painless and quick process through NVC so we can move along to the interview! 

22 hours ago, hawright13 said:

Joining this group as I got my NOA2 today (November 10)! Hoping for a painless and quick process through NVC so we can move along to the interview! 

Congrats on your approval. Remember to fill out your timeline when you get a chance so that you’ll get the most accurate estimates 

Timeline
23 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

Congrats on your approval. Remember to fill out your timeline when you get a chance so that you’ll get the most accurate estimates 

Do you have any idea how quick the turnaround is for the NVC these days? I’ve seen a lot of cases of people on VN close to our date range that made it through the NVC within a month. 

2 hours ago, hawright13 said:

Do you have any idea how quick the turnaround is for the NVC these days? I’ve seen a lot of cases of people on VN close to our date range that made it through the NVC within a month. 

I’m not sure what embassy you’re from as your profile isn’t complete but I can say from my own experience that NVC for my embassy has been picking up. It depends on your individual  embassy and how they are processing cases. 

3 hours ago, MarkPajr said:

Just to be clear on process, if we need to change the embassy, we can contact NVC as soon as we have a case number, right? (I'm waiting on NOA2, but we filed 03/01/2021 so should get that any day now.

I’ve heard similar to this but I can’t say for certain. hopefully someone with first hand knowledge can chime in. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

I’m not sure what embassy you’re from as your profile isn’t complete but I can say from my own experience that NVC for my embassy has been picking up. It depends on your individual  embassy and how they are processing cases. 

It would be the embassy in Burkina Faso. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, hawright13 said:

It would be the embassy in Burkina Faso. 

https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Burkina Faso

I would suggest to familiarize with the process of your embassy, every embassy works differently. It is important to know what steps they want you to follow. The way the embassies request your file is also not the same. The K1 file from Manila and K1 file from london will have completely different timelines. 

Burkia Fasu seems to be working normal so I do not see any reason for your case to be ready in a few weeks.

But yeah, pour through the regional forum and you will also be able to meet individuals from the country who has gone through this recently.

Cheers

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Timeline
7 hours ago, mitzab said:

https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Burkina Faso

I would suggest to familiarize with the process of your embassy, every embassy works differently. It is important to know what steps they want you to follow. The way the embassies request your file is also not the same. The K1 file from Manila and K1 file from london will have completely different timelines. 

Burkia Fasu seems to be working normal so I do not see any reason for your case to be ready in a few weeks.

But yeah, pour through the regional forum and you will also be able to meet individuals from the country who has gone through this recently.

Cheers

You don’t see any reason for my case to not be ready in a few weeks or you do? Yes, they resumed full visa operations October 26, 2021 but have been processing K-1 visas since probably March or April 2021. I would think that’s a good sign since they may have full staff but I’m wondering if I will have a long wait for an interview. The forum for Burkina only had a few posts pertaining to K-1 and none are super recent. The latest one is from April 2021 😓 I’ll try to do more research elsewhere and see. Thanks for your help! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, hawright13 said:

You don’t see any reason for my case to not be ready in a few weeks or you do? Yes, they resumed full visa operations October 26, 2021 but have been processing K-1 visas since probably March or April 2021. I would think that’s a good sign since they may have full staff but I’m wondering if I will have a long wait for an interview. The forum for Burkina only had a few posts pertaining to K-1 and none are super recent. The latest one is from April 2021 😓 I’ll try to do more research elsewhere and see. Thanks for your help! 

I do not see No reason 😅 for it to Not be ready 😅

Yeah, if everything is running normal than a couple of weeks should be a good time. 

https://bf.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

This states that you would need to make an account on Ustraveldocs same as we had to and schedule your interview and all.

I am pretty positive that you should be on the next shipment date to your embassy. Once the status goes to Transit I would suggest fill out your DS160 and as soon as you see Ready fill submit it.

I also think your ustraveldocs portal would have ton of information

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/bf/index.html?firstTime=No

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Timeline
24 minutes ago, mitzab said:

I do not see No reason 😅 for it to Not be ready 😅

Yeah, if everything is running normal than a couple of weeks should be a good time. 

https://bf.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

This states that you would need to make an account on Ustraveldocs same as we had to and schedule your interview and all.

I am pretty positive that you should be on the next shipment date to your embassy. Once the status goes to Transit I would suggest fill out your DS160 and as soon as you see Ready fill submit it.

I also think your ustraveldocs portal would have ton of information

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/bf/index.html?firstTime=No

Wow that would be amazing if so! Thank you for the advice! 😄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.