JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, DRAS said:

I don't. I might be wrong also. I assumed since my case was at NVC last week! Now that I think about it and since the status hasn't changed to in transit, my application is probably not on this shipment. 

Did you call to get your case number from NVC? Once you receive the case number you can check the status of your case. If it says "at nvc" your case is still with NVC. Once it turns "in transit" its going to the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I see 3 waybill numbers with “1 piece” per waybill number when I search. I know mine wasn’t in any of those shipments but I’m just trying to get an idea of how many K1s they are sending to Lima each time. With 3 waybill numbers with 1 piece per does that mean they only sent 3 K1s over or can they send multiple per waybill number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jonathanh said:

I see 3 waybill numbers with “1 piece” per waybill number when I search. I know mine wasn’t in any of those shipments but I’m just trying to get an idea of how many K1s they are sending to Lima each time. With 3 waybill numbers with 1 piece per does that mean they only sent 3 K1s over or can they send multiple per waybill number. 

The way I understand it and the way my tracking went, pieces refers to the petitions being sent.  When they sent mine off to Ukraine, it was one piece inside of 1 waybill.  When yours shows "in transit" then just put the date you were notified a day later on the site and you should be able to track it.  I pulled a screenshot this morning of one that shipped Tuesday so even the following morning is enough time to wait.  And they ship every other week so the next shipping week will be 21st/22nd of December.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jonathanh said:

I realize I did not answer your final question correctly.  Yes, they can send multiple pieces per waybill.  Pieces will have their additional tracking information but think of the waybill as a box/pallet/crate that each individual petition goes in to consolidate shipping.  So yes, it is possible.  Check pieces inside of a way bill.  If you see 1 piece, then 1 petition.  Multiple pieces are multiple petitions.  Assigning additional trackers apart from the waybill helps with separation and identification when the petitions arrive to the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
23 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

I realize I did not answer your final question correctly.  Yes, they can send multiple pieces per waybill.  Pieces will have their additional tracking information but think of the waybill as a box/pallet/crate that each individual petition goes in to consolidate shipping.  So yes, it is possible.  Check pieces inside of a way bill.  If you see 1 piece, then 1 petition.  Multiple pieces are multiple petitions.  Assigning additional trackers apart from the waybill helps with separation and identification when the petitions arrive to the embassy.

I’ve been doing some digging to try to figure out how many K1s peru is being sent every other week. Most are about 3 waybills with 1 piece each waybill. I was a bit taken back that they would only send 3 to Peru for a 2 week period. 

I started putting in some other countries like Germany, UK etc and see about the same or in many cases less waybills with still 1 piece per waybill. This seems very low for the countries I searched as they are pretty large. I feel like it would take years to process all the K1s with those numbers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lena1 said:

Maybe because of I called non-immigrant line… thats why they don’t have my case number?  Or its the same? Should i call immigrant line? 

I would think both would be able to give you information but definitely call the immigrant line to check. That’s all I’ve been using, I never call the non immigrant line! 

On 12/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, J&D1008 said:

Did you call to get your case number from NVC? Once you receive the case number you can check the status of your case. If it says "at nvc" your case is still with NVC. Once it turns "in transit" its going to the embassy.

Oh yes I jumped the gun on my assumptions, called them and my application hasn't shipped to India. The guy said India consulate has a backlog, this wasn't the case just a few weeks ago, but they now started processing other visas also fully.

I'm hoping may be by the next scheduled dates.

Timeline

Has anyone been able to look and see available appointment times at their embassy before filling out the DS-160? My fiancé’s embassy is Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, but he is working in Lomé, Togo right now. So we’ve been trying to decide whether or not to have the NVC switch his embassy and send it to Lomé before they ship it out. Not sure if that will push us back though so we were trying to compare appointment wait times between both. Any help is appreciated if you guys have had to do this! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was not able to see appointment times without first filling out the DS-160, because you use the receipt number after filing the DS-160 to access the appointment calendar. However, someone from your same embassy who has already filled out their DS-160 and scheduled their appointment, should be able to see the appointment calendar in the Traveldocs website.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Dan&Olga said:

I was not able to see appointment times without first filling out the DS-160, because you use the receipt number after filing the DS-160 to access the appointment calendar. However, someone from your same embassy who has already filled out their DS-160 and scheduled their appointment, should be able to see the appointment calendar in the Traveldocs website.

There are not a lot of people on here from Burkina Faso :( but I will check the forums and see. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.