ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DamAk said:

Hi, I did send two inquiries (Feb 3 and Feb 15), both sent after I saw a few other people get their visa issued despite being given 221g for the medical (had similar timelines with the interview date as mine, and one had their interview after mine). The third time I emailed was today to update them about the DS260 mistake. 

Initially i thought my medical report was uploaded on Jan 24 (I called the clinic to ask if they received the blood work from Public Health, which they did and said they were working on uploading mine. That day there was also an update on CEAC). So the first time I emailed the consulate was Jan 24 informing them of the update. But a few days after, I got an email from the panel physician saying my report was uploaded, so I found out the consulate didn't get my report on Jan 24, but instead on Jan 27. This I corrected in my email on Feb 3. 

This was their response.

"Thank you for your inquiry.  

We acknowledge receipt of your medical report from the panel physician. This case is currently pending to be reviewed by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S.  Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. 

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.  

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. "

You guys have truly helped me feel so much better. I think comparison is the culprit to my anxiety here.

Also, a very hearty congratulations on the approval!! Man I can imagine your relief. ❤

Yes it is a huge relief! I received a very similar email response as you did . I know it can be very worrisome when someone  who was interviewed after you with same 221 g medical gets their visa approved. There were quite a few people that interviewed after me that received their visa as well. Wishing you all the best!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redie said:

Yes it is a huge relief! I received a very similar email response as you did . I know it can be very worrisome when someone  who was interviewed after you with same 221 g medical gets their visa approved. There were quite a few people that interviewed after me that received their visa as well. Wishing you all the best!

Thank you! 

Good luck on your move!!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2/18/2022 at 10:41 PM, ice-qube said:

It's like the height of bureaucratic insanity, all of this. Perverse. Makes no sense. At least some can trace their problems to being connected with some high-risk countries like Pakistan (seems to be common in this thread and others). I would almost feel comforted if I could do that. I don't have any good explanations.

Congratulations to you !

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Does the RCMP fingerprint background check expire after 1 or 2 years?

Two

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

Hello Visa friends,

I had my IR-1 interview this past Monday in Montréal. It went very smoothly and I was told they have accepted my Visa and I will be getting in the mail. A few hours later I received an email asking me to fill out a DS-5535 form. I checked my status at the CEAC Visa status check and sure enough, my VISA has been refused. 

I am sure others have gone through this. I cannot comprehend what happened and after almost 3 years of trying to get this VISA, it is very discouraging to know that I have to submit more proof and play the waiting game once again. 

Any wisdom or advice on how to navigate this? 

Hoping others are having better luck than I am. 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Fleurs said:

Any wisdom or advice on how to navigate this? 

Hoping others are having better luck than I am. 

Thank you 

Hi there, sorry to hear you're in this situation :( I have a FAQ linked in my signature below (on desktop version of this site, I don't think it shows up on mobile) that may answer some of the questions you may have. It's not complete yet, so please feel free to ask anything here and someone will try their best to answer. I also have a spreadsheet linked that lists the info of all the other users on this thread. 

Edited by Danii

Timeline
1 hour ago, Federico said:

Issued. Early morning feeling like a boss.

Yayy!!! Congrats Federico!!!! Wishing you all the best in your future life in USA! 🎉

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

19 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

Yayy!!! Congrats Federico!!!! Wishing you all the best in your future life in USA! 🎉

Thank you man, really appreciate it, hope you get an answer ASAP regarding your mom’s case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.