ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Danii said:

I'm in shock right now... my status changed to "Issued" on Dec30?!!? The last time I checked CEAC was around 3-4pm on Dec30, I remember seeing an update but it was still refused, I guess they logged in shortly after to approve it? Part of me thinks this is a mistake/that it'll go back to refused today/tomorrow (not sure if they're open today?) 😳 I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens next. I truly hope that this is a sign that everyone else's approval is just around the corner 🙌 I'm comparing my case to the recent approval (FB User RC) and the only similarity I see is that we both reached out to our reps early December? She got an email from her rep the same day of her approval and I haven't gotten anything cause the reps office has been closed since Dec 17. Could just be a coincidence but ?? What does everyone else think? 

Congratulation !!!!!

Happy for you.Finally you got it.Pray for the other people 🙌

36 minutes ago, Danii said:

I'm in shock right now... my status changed to "Issued" on Dec30?!!? The last time I checked CEAC was around 3-4pm on Dec30, I remember seeing an update but it was still refused, I guess they logged in shortly after to approve it? Part of me thinks this is a mistake/that it'll go back to refused today/tomorrow (not sure if they're open today?) 😳 I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens next. I truly hope that this is a sign that everyone else's approval is just around the corner 🙌 I'm comparing my case to the recent approval (FB User RC) and the only similarity I see is that we both reached out to our reps early December? She got an email from her rep the same day of her approval and I haven't gotten anything cause the reps office has been closed since Dec 17. Could just be a coincidence but ?? What does everyone else think? 

Waooo let’s hope there is not any mistake and that you really have an approval.Congratulations  .

6 minutes ago, Banoo999 said:

Congratulation !!!!!

Happy for you.Finally you got it.Pray for the other people 🙌

1 minute ago, Federico said:

Waooo let’s hope there is not any mistake and that you really have an approval.Congratulations  .

Thank you so much!!! Praying both of your approvals come soon 🙏 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations @Danni!  That is so amazing and really hope it isn't an error!!  Question, I thought that we weren't supposed to reach out to state reps until the 60 day mark to avoid a possible final refusal (if they have not competed background checks)?  How many days had passed before you reached out to your state reps?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

DISREGARD, WE CHECKED UNDER IMMIGRANT VISA and it was there.  

Given Danni's recent announcement I went to the CAEC website to check my case and something very strange has happened - the last time we checked my status was "REFUSED", which we knew, hence 5535... and last update Dec. 21 (Interview was Dec 13).

Now is showing NO STATUS - back to November 4th!  WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

This is when I enter my confirmation AA00 number.  When I enter in my MTL case number, nothing comes up!  Has this happened to anyone else??  What should we do?

I don't know how much more I can take.  

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 2.57.10 PM.png

Edited by Krisara

Timeline
5 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Congrats! That’s awesome news! 

looks like right around 50 days? Hopefully this gets the ball rolling!

Congrats Danii! Amazing. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Danii said:

Congrats Danii!!!

5 hours ago, US2197 said:

Congrats Danii. Were you given a 221g? or the Ds5535? 

Where do we find our reps? steps? 

Thank you! I was given 221g+DS5535. I was also asked for my resume + information about a research exchange trip I did in university. You can find your reps here:

Representative: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Senators: https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm

Each rep will have a section on their website that says something like "services" and then "get help with a federal agency". Their website will most likely ask you to fill out a privacy release form where you can share the details of your case. You can then email that form to the rep, along with any other additional info you'd like them to see. I attached the refusal 221g Montreal gave me, a print out of the email they sent me with DS5535 and PDF detailing the specifics of my case as I couldn't fit it all into the privacy release form. 

Like I mentioned before, all rep offices operate quite differently. I've seen that some are ready to take on any case at any time. Other ask you to wait 60/90 days before you contact them. Some don't take on AP cases at all. Keep reaching out to whoever is available in your state, there will hopefully at least one person ready to inquire on your behalf. 

@Krisara the consulate will not retaliate if you send in an inquiry. They don't even retaliate if you file a lawsuit against them! The only thing that can lead to a denial is if there are actual grounds for them to deny you. You have the right to ask your reps to inquire about your case. If the background checks are not complete, they will simply tell your rep that you are still in AP and that they need more time. My husband reached out to his congresswoman about 2 weeks after our interview. It took her a while to get back to us, and then they told us that it would take 30ish days to hear back from the consulate.

(Lots of typos lol sorry for the multiple edits)

Edited by Danii

48 minutes ago, Frankphoto said:

That is amazing- have you received anything else, like an email or something, or just know via checking status for now? 

Nothing yet, I only found out by checking my status today! They must have updated my case right at the end of the work day on Dec30. I believe they've been closed since then. I'll let you know if I get an email! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.