Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Beefybabygirl said:

Don’t worry. I went in for medical exam at Telus health in mtl on 02/08, got results sent to consulate on 02/14 (they emailed me to tell me). When I went into interview on 03/06, they said it was received. 

I don’t know what the 10-15 days is, it might be that they’re gonna mail you the results, but I only ever got a pdf of the vaccines I got there. Weird.

Thank you! The majority seemed to be people for IRCC (Canadian immigration) and I wonder if they just repeat the same stuff to everyone without thinking about it.

I hope you got your passport back :)

Thanks again,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, thenextman said:

Hello! 

I had my medical at the Telus clinic in Montreal on Wednesday 8th, ahead of my interview next week on the 16th.

After the medical they told me: "you'll receive your results in 10-15 business days" which made me raise my eyebrows - but my interview is next week, I said! She told me not to worry and that confirmation of the medical would be sent to the embassy in time, and that was all that was required. Am I misinterpreting something here, or worrying about nothing? Did anyone else get a medical at Telus and confirm that everything was A-OK for their interview?

I'm hoping that by "receive your results" she means the copy that gets mailed out to me....

Thanks and good luck to everyone,

FWIW, when I went in for my exam at Telus on Feb. 28, she told me that my results would be sent to the consulate within 10 days, and that I'd get an email confirmation. I got that confirmation on March 7, so seven days later. They might have said 10-15 days to avoid getting phone calls...? I also only got a PDF of my vaccine record, but it's reassuring to read: “Vaccination requirements complete? Yes”!

Good luck on your interview!

33 minutes ago, EC&IC said:

FWIW, when I went in for my exam at Telus on Feb. 28, she told me that my results would be sent to the consulate within 10 days, and that I'd get an email confirmation. I got that confirmation on March 7, so seven days later. They might have said 10-15 days to avoid getting phone calls...? I also only got a PDF of my vaccine record, but it's reassuring to read: “Vaccination requirements complete? Yes”!

Good luck on your interview!

Oof! 7 days will be the day _before_ my interview, so I hope they do that or better... Since I was told to make my appointment at least one week in advance, which I did. Probably overthinking it, and increasingly anxious and frustrated.

Thanks for the info, and good luck to you too!

1 hour ago, thenextman said:

Oof! 7 days will be the day _before_ my interview, so I hope they do that or better... Since I was told to make my appointment at least one week in advance, which I did. Probably overthinking it, and increasingly anxious and frustrated.

Thanks for the info, and good luck to you too!

I feel ya with the overthinking...Do NOT look at that D5535 thread, horrific stuff. 

This process really messes with you, our lives are tied with our spouses/kids and can get messed up should they choose to mess them up.  You can do everything right, be law-abiding, and still be put in a hole.

I can't sleep properly anymore and when I do the dreams are disturbing. 

As a Canadian , I like the US better and feel it is the greastest nation on Earth.  However , sometimes I feel this process is not worth the stress.

Just curious if there is anyone on this forum that had some prior immigration issues in US? Such as visa overstay, deportation etc.

I'm basically curious to know if you make it through USCIS and get DQ-ed, does that mean they already went through all that history and the interview is mostly just a small formal final step? Or do they go in entire history and start picking up on your history and then put you on the forever waiting list?

Any inputs would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, brebu said:

Just curious if there is anyone on this forum that had some prior immigration issues in US? Such as visa overstay, deportation etc.

I'm basically curious to know if you make it through USCIS and get DQ-ed, does that mean they already went through all that history and the interview is mostly just a small formal final step? Or do they go in entire history and start picking up on your history and then put you on the forever waiting list?

Any inputs would be appreciated!

Not to be a downer, but no, the interview is not a small formal final step 😕

In my experience, there was no way I could have known that my previous troubles at the border would have delayed processing my visa. They will ask you questions about any possible issues you’ve had before because they’ve got all of your history in front of them during the interview. They knew about my student visas and all my border crossings and asked me questions to confirm what happened. 

They might still approve the visa, but in my case, they put me administrative processing because they needed to look more into it.

Don’t worry too much about it now. Just be honest and roll with the punches. Nothing you can do 🤷🏼‍♀️

Timeline
14 hours ago, brebu said:

The DQ process will pick out the most obvious problems with your file, but you are not home free when you reach the DQ milestone.  DQ is basically your ticket to the interview.  It does not mean that your case is bulletproof.  Your best bet is to make sure the interviewing officer has all the relevant information BEFORE you arrive at the interview.  He may have already made his decision about you before he calls you to the window for the interview.  Delays after the interview happen frequently, even though all the cases were DQ-ed.

Thank you both, very informative!

I was specifically interested in whether they actually get a real chance to look through your file before the interview and pretty much know everything about you - I gather from what you've said they indeed review the documents in detail prior to the interview. This will be very helpful in my case.

Thanks again

20 hours ago, Beefybabygirl said:

Not to be a downer, but no, the interview is not a small formal final step 😕

In my experience, there was no way I could have known that my previous troubles at the border would have delayed processing my visa. They will ask you questions about any possible issues you’ve had before because they’ve got all of your history in front of them during the interview. They knew about my student visas and all my border crossings and asked me questions to confirm what happened. 

They might still approve the visa, but in my case, they put me administrative processing because they needed to look more into it.

Don’t worry too much about it now. Just be honest and roll with the punches. Nothing you can do 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks a lot! I take it your interview was relatively recent - does Administrative Processing have a limit (like 60 days)? Are you still waiting?

Timeline
20 hours ago, brebu said:

how do you guys retrieve your US travel history for Canadian citizens? Google suggests the CBP I-94 website, but for Canadian citizens you never get an I-94...

Very easy.  If you have enough time before the interview (maybe 2 months?), you can get your US entry and exit records under the Freedom of Information Act, also known as FOIA.  You can find all the information you need at www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia/records

Find the line for "Information Regarding Entry and Exit" and follow the link to submit the FOIA request directly to CBP.  You will need to specify which records you want.  In your case that would be entry and exit information for whichever years are in question.

1 hour ago, Family One said:

Very easy.  If you have enough time before the interview (maybe 2 months?), you can get your US entry and exit records under the Freedom of Information Act, also known as FOIA.  You can find all the information you need at www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia/records

Find the line for "Information Regarding Entry and Exit" and follow the link to submit the FOIA request directly to CBP.  You will need to specify which records you want.  In your case that would be entry and exit information for whichever years are in question.

Thanks a lot - very helpful!

Timeline
23 hours ago, brebu said:

Another general question for the group - how do you guys retrieve your US travel history for Canadian citizens? Google suggests the CBP I-94 website, but for Canadian citizens you never get an I-94...

Thanks again!

This is not correct, everyone entered US will be given electronic I-94 the paper form ended long time ago. Go here enter your travel info and print out your travel history.

Timeline
10 hours ago, CuCun said:

This is not correct, everyone entered US will be given electronic I-94 the paper form ended long time ago. Go here enter your travel info and print out your travel history.

The electronic I-94 is not reliable for all cases.  I don't know why, but the FOIA request is more reliable.  For me, the I-94 had record of maybe 80 crossings.  I was needing to find 700 crossings, so the FOIA was the only way.

13 hours ago, CuCun said:

I've tried it multiple times - I keep getting traveler not found. I tried both with or without middle name, same result. Is there something I'm missing here?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.