Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Hello all, thank you for your help.

Just preparing for my early April interivew(April 4). 

In terms of tax documents, when I uploaded them to NVC in October 2022, they were for 2021, all was good, accepted.

Do I now need to bring get a new I864 and new 2022 tax transcripts/W2s? Or do I just bring print outs of what was uploaded before?

Edited by ShawnK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Hello all, thank you for your help.

Just preparing for my early April interivew(April 4). 

In terms of tax documents, when I uploaded them to NVC in October 2022, they were for 2021, all was good, accepted.

Do I now need to bring get a new I864 and new 2022 tax transcripts/W2s? Or do I just bring print outs of what was uploaded before?

I'm curious as to what people will say is the answer. My interview is on March 22. I'm obviously going to bring print outs of what I sent the NVC, but if they're ready, I might bring a copy of my and my husband's 2022 tax returns (both in Canada and in the US, for him, but he might not be able to get a transcript in time, as he's had to get his 2021 transcript by mail). I would bring them just in case they ask.

As to the I-864s and our joint sponsor's 2022 transcript (as well as his wife's I-864A and 2022 transcript), that would seem like a lot of trouble... 

I see online that the earliest deadline to file taxes in the US is April 18. I would assume that the consulate wouldn't then require 2022 transcripts on either March 22 or April 4...

5 hours ago, EC&IC said:

I'm curious as to what people will say is the answer. My interview is on March 22. I'm obviously going to bring print outs of what I sent the NVC, but if they're ready, I might bring a copy of my and my husband's 2022 tax returns (both in Canada and in the US, for him, but he might not be able to get a transcript in time, as he's had to get his 2021 transcript by mail). I would bring them just in case they ask.

As to the I-864s and our joint sponsor's 2022 transcript (as well as his wife's I-864A and 2022 transcript), that would seem like a lot of trouble... 

I see online that the earliest deadline to file taxes in the US is April 18. I would assume that the consulate wouldn't then require 2022 transcripts on either March 22 or April 4...

You are right, I checked their deadline is April 18. I will just bring the 2022 W2 incase they ask.

I am just overthinking everything, I think this process messes with your mind. I can't even imagine the relief when it is over. 

Edited by ShawnK

Timeline
4 hours ago, ShawnK said:

You are right, I checked their deadline is April 18. I will just bring the 2022 W2 incase they ask.

I am just overthinking everything, I think this process messes with your mind. I can't even imagine the relief when it is over. 

Oh I totally understand, same thing here. I'm terrified that one missing piece of paper (or the wrong one) will mean months of delay! I just can't wait to have crossed the border and left this whole process behind. But we're almost there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

Went in for my interview today and things went mostly well. Immigration officer told me that he needed to look into a previous border crossing issue, but didn’t expect any problems. He said he would be able to approve of the visa in the afternoon but it’s still saying refused. I know it’s technically under administrative processing (so 2-3 weeks until passport return) but he made it seem like it would be a quick approval. Anybody have a similar experience? 

I made travel plans for this weekend so I’d like to have my passport back by the end of the week. Do you think it’s possible, or is it still gonna take 2-3 weeks even if he approves of it soon? I live just outside mtl and I’m using premium delivery. 

3 hours ago, Beefybabygirl said:

Hey all!

Went in for my interview today and things went mostly well. Immigration officer told me that he needed to look into a previous border crossing issue, but didn’t expect any problems. He said he would be able to approve of the visa in the afternoon but it’s still saying refused. I know it’s technically under administrative processing (so 2-3 weeks until passport return) but he made it seem like it would be a quick approval. Anybody have a similar experience? 

I made travel plans for this weekend so I’d like to have my passport back by the end of the week. Do you think it’s possible, or is it still gonna take 2-3 weeks even if he approves of it soon? I live just outside mtl and I’m using premium delivery. 

It should be approved soon, good sign if they kept your passport. Maybe in a week or so.

What was the issue at the border( if you are ok sharing)?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Beefybabygirl said:

I sincerely hope your travel plans are flexible.  I would give it less than 1 chance in 50 that you will have your passport by the weekend. If you got a 221g paper, even the 2-3 weeks is highly unlikely.

9 hours ago, ShawnK said:

It should be approved soon, good sign if they kept your passport. Maybe in a week or so.

What was the issue at the border( if you are ok sharing)?

Thanks! 

it’s kinda embarrassing but I only had information about immigration from my older brother who got a green card through change of status from school. He was under the impression I could go into the states with my husband on a visitors visa and apply for a green card while I was living there with him. So, I was honest about my intentions at the border and they gave us a really hard time. From the beginning they had treated me like I had committed a very severe crime, but really I was just really stupid and misinformed about the process. I was complaint but visibly upset. The situation escalated when they took my fingerprints and I was so nervous I started to cry. They started getting upset that my hands were too sweaty. They became a little rough when doing my fingerprints, and my husband tried to see what was happening and get involved. They started shouting at him to sit down and he started shouting back. Eventually everything settled and both parties calmed down, and I was allowed to return back home without any consequences (atleast that’s what they told me) and told to file the I-130.

When the immigration officer was talking to me about it, he said it was a good thing I was honest at the border and had basically said that they overreacted by taking my fingerprints. He said it shouldn’t be a problem to get my visa and just needed to check with them at the border to confirm what had happened. 

2 hours ago, Family One said:

I sincerely hope your travel plans are flexible.  I would give it less than 1 chance in 50 that you will have your passport by the weekend. If you got a 221g paper, even the 2-3 weeks is highly unlikely.

Got it. We booked a flight but it has a good rebooking policy. We were aware that it was possible it would be delayed and we’re prepared to rebook if this happened.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:49 PM, Hawk Riders said:

I really do appreciate your maintaining the spreadsheet with people's wait times. However, the timeline is asking me to fill in a lot of personal information---you know, the sort of information that you should never share with strangers on the internet. If you'd like to fill in our interview date, it's April 5. Thank you again for all of your hard work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, gyongyhaju said:

I really do appreciate your maintaining the spreadsheet with people's wait times. However, the timeline is asking me to fill in a lot of personal information---you know, the sort of information that you should never share with strangers on the internet. If you'd like to fill in our interview date, it's April 5. Thank you again for all of your hard work.

This may represent personally-significant information, but with a generic username on VJ, it's not personally-identifiable and does not violate HIPAA standards. Unless you've made judgement errors in sharing on social media venues, there's nothing to worry about in sharing timeline data.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/7/2023 at 7:57 AM, Beefybabygirl said:

Thanks! 

it’s kinda embarrassing but I only had information about immigration from my older brother who got a green card through change of status from school. He was under the impression I could go into the states with my husband on a visitors visa and apply for a green card while I was living there with him. So, I was honest about my intentions at the border and they gave us a really hard time. From the beginning they had treated me like I had committed a very severe crime, but really I was just really stupid and misinformed about the process. I was complaint but visibly upset. The situation escalated when they took my fingerprints and I was so nervous I started to cry. They started getting upset that my hands were too sweaty. They became a little rough when doing my fingerprints, and my husband tried to see what was happening and get involved. They started shouting at him to sit down and he started shouting back. Eventually everything settled and both parties calmed down, and I was allowed to return back home without any consequences (atleast that’s what they told me) and told to file the I-130.

When the immigration officer was talking to me about it, he said it was a good thing I was honest at the border and had basically said that they overreacted by taking my fingerprints. He said it shouldn’t be a problem to get my visa and just needed to check with them at the border to confirm what had happened. 

Yeeeah...

Been in a similar place before, unaware an idea of filing AOS was a major judgement error...

Lived through the border trauma with a withdrawal and Canadian Hawk Rider got approved at interview later on without issue.

Grateful for finding this site and all its education!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

11 hours ago, gyongyhaju said:

I had the same initial reaction but the majority of information is _not_ needed. Petitioner / beneficiary first names, beneficiary country (presumably Canada!), visa type and then enter the dates of the key events (I put I-130 NOA 1 & 2, received by NVC, completed at NVC and interview date).

As you said, the data is very beneficial for others going through the process.

Good luck!

Hello! 

I had my medical at the Telus clinic in Montreal on Wednesday 8th, ahead of my interview next week on the 16th.

After the medical they told me: "you'll receive your results in 10-15 business days" which made me raise my eyebrows - but my interview is next week, I said! She told me not to worry and that confirmation of the medical would be sent to the embassy in time, and that was all that was required. Am I misinterpreting something here, or worrying about nothing? Did anyone else get a medical at Telus and confirm that everything was A-OK for their interview?

I'm hoping that by "receive your results" she means the copy that gets mailed out to me....

Thanks and good luck to everyone,

2 hours ago, thenextman said:

Hello! 

I had my medical at the Telus clinic in Montreal on Wednesday 8th, ahead of my interview next week on the 16th.

After the medical they told me: "you'll receive your results in 10-15 business days" which made me raise my eyebrows - but my interview is next week, I said! She told me not to worry and that confirmation of the medical would be sent to the embassy in time, and that was all that was required. Am I misinterpreting something here, or worrying about nothing? Did anyone else get a medical at Telus and confirm that everything was A-OK for their interview?

I'm hoping that by "receive your results" she means the copy that gets mailed out to me....

Thanks and good luck to everyone,

Don’t worry. I went in for medical exam at Telus health in mtl on 02/08, got results sent to consulate on 02/14 (they emailed me to tell me). When I went into interview on 03/06, they said it was received. 

I don’t know what the 10-15 days is, it might be that they’re gonna mail you the results, but I only ever got a pdf of the vaccines I got there. Weird.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.