Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

Do you think they had it in hand because they had already reviewed additional documents that you may have submitted on to CEAC beforehand?

No, I don't. The first window where I handed in my documents she didn't even know I had uploaded anything. The documents said "submitted" until this morning. The decision wasn't made regarding anything in my application, because my application "looked great." If it looked great, why not approve it? Imo because they don't make the decision--the computer does.

"After you were DQd, did you upload more things on to CEAC?"

Yes, but I don't think it matters at all. I think it's totally random. What are the odds three people in a row on the same morning had similar problems? Close to zero.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

AP = administrative processing = 4+ months of extra wait and 7k for a lawyer if you don't want to wait longer

221g= refusal due to AP

oh boy. i wonder what causes these things and how likely it does happen. i’ve never heard of this before. 

at the end of the 4 months (or however long), can you leave canada? 

11 minutes ago, NYQC said:

oh boy. i wonder what causes these things and how likely it does happen. i’ve never heard of this before. 

at the end of the 4 months (or however long), can you leave canada? 

Ya we all wonder. Montreal is handing them out like candy, unfortunately. There is no known reason for them. I personally believe it's random. I've heard of two infants getting flagged, which tells you something.

I can't leave Canada til I get my passport back, and that's god knows how long now. I'll see my wife at Christmas when she comes to visit at least.

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
1 hour ago, ConsistentCut said:

No, I don't. The first window where I handed in my documents she didn't even know I had uploaded anything. The documents said "submitted" until this morning. The decision wasn't made regarding anything in my application, because my application "looked great." If it looked great, why not approve it? Imo because they don't make the decision--the computer does.

"After you were DQd, did you upload more things on to CEAC?"

Yes, but I don't think it matters at all. I think it's totally random. What are the odds three people in a row on the same morning had similar problems? Close to zero.

How do you know three people got asked to provide the DS 5535? Did you hear them or did you talk to them after? Did all of these people have something in your common or not to your view? So sorry you're going through this. Please update us.

11 minutes ago, lemurianelf said:

How do you know three people got asked to provide the DS 5535? Did you hear them or did you talk to them after? Did all of these people have something in your common or not to your view? So sorry you're going through this. Please update us.

Because I talked to them. We were all middle aged white guys, that's the only thing I know.

It is what it is. I'll get there to be with my wife and dog eventually. The part that really pisses me off is I might be out 7k because of this. This process has already been expensive enough. Going to vancouver for the medical and Montreal for a 5 minute interview is ridiculous and unnecessary, in my opinion.

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

Because I talked to them. We were all middle aged white guys, that's the only thing I know. 

I have been suspecting for a while ds 5535 are disproportionately targeting men, tech or engineering workers and those originally from the middle east or near east.

25 minutes ago, lemurianelf said:

I have been suspecting for a while ds 5535 are disproportionately targeting men, tech or engineering workers and those originally from the middle east or near east.

Ya it could be overseas travel history of any kind as well. The CO did mention that the guy before me "went there as well" when I told him where I met my wife and that "they are flagging people that go to x" even though x is a first world western European nation.

Timeline
16 hours ago, ConsistentCut said:

AP = administrative processing = 4+ months of extra wait and 7k for a lawyer if you don't want to wait longer

221g= refusal due to AP

221g is NOT the same as DS-5535.  221g can be resolved in 5 or 6 weeks if you are prompt in sending the missing document(s).  DS-5535 seems to be a bottomless pit with no logical explanation, according to those with experience.

The interviewing officer can make a decision on your case before you even talk to him, using only the documents previously uploaded.  And if the 221g involves your financial situation, unfortunately it is impossible to have a "foolproof" application going into the interview.  It's a judgement call for the officer, and sometimes the judgement is not what we had hoped.

1 minute ago, Family One said:

221g is NOT the same as DS-5535.  221g can be resolved in 5 or 6 weeks if you are prompt in sending the missing document(s).  DS-5535 seems to be a bottomless pit with no logical explanation, according to those with experience.

The interviewing officer can make a decision on your case before you even talk to him, using only the documents previously uploaded.  And if the 221g involves your financial situation, unfortunately it is impossible to have a "foolproof" application going into the interview.  It's a judgement call for the officer, and sometimes the judgement is not what we had hoped.

I didn't say a 221g was the same as a DS5535. I said MY 221g was a refusal due to AP, which is exactly what's written on the 221g paper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hopefully recent interviewees don't need to move here, but just in case...

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, cantous said:

Question here regarding the interviews. Is it beneficial to let the CO know that you have a job offer in the US? Not sure if that will help at all or flag my case since it's at a tech company. Thanks in advance!

No, it will have no influence because it is explicitly stated in the directions not to make plans to leave Canada or begin your life in the USA until your visa is in hand.  It's frustrating, but it is what it is.  

1 hour ago, ConsistentCut said:

I didn't say a 221g was the same as a DS5535. I said MY 221g was a refusal due to AP, which is exactly what's written on the 221g paper.

Everyone gets put into AP.  The 221(g) is usually something missing or incomplete.  What was missing?  Medical?  Issue with the I-864? 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

11 minutes ago, mam521 said:

No, it will have no influence because it is explicitly stated in the directions not to make plans to leave Canada or begin your life in the USA until your visa is in hand.  It's frustrating, but it is what it is.  

Everyone gets put into AP.  The 221(g) is usually something missing or incomplete.  What was missing?  Medical?  Issue with the I-864? 

221g is a refusal, for any reason. My refusal was written in as "Adminsitrative" and signed below by the CO. The application was fully intact, and he said it "looked fine."

Timeline

Hi all, had my interview on Wednesday and was approved. Ceac tracker is still saying “ready” and the visainfo portal says “appointment”. Is this normal? This process has conditioned me to worry about every little thing, and fear for the worst lol. Hoping for an update today so I can set my move date in stone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.