Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

Oh man congrats! A little upset we aren't in this batch? You just got an email?

If you know of people with later DQs than you having received ILs, I recommend you email NVC and Montreal, so they don’t miss you again in the next round.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to those who've received IL's!

I wonder, too, if they are sending them with a bit more time between IL issuance and the actual interview because it's been increasingly challenging to get the medical done and the results into the consulate in time, creating more work as people land in AP until the medical is received and reviewed.  We used to only get 3 weeks, 4 max.  May letter, July interview is nice for timing.  Hopefully summer holidays don't pose problems for people and accommodations in Montreal!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
41 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I wonder, too, if they are sending them with a bit more time between IL issuance and the actual interview because it's been increasingly challenging to get the medical done and the results into the consulate in time, creating more work as people land in AP until the medical is received and reviewed.  We used to only get 3 weeks, 4 max.  May letter, July interview is nice for timing.  Hopefully summer holidays don't pose problems for people and accommodations in Montreal!

Well funny thing, I called up Telus Health in Montreal to get an appointment for the medical, and they had no availabilities yet... Told me to call back next week. So if what you say is the case, despite earlier ILs, actual appointments might still cut it short.

43 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Maybe. But also this was the 2nd set of IL sent out in May. There was another set sent out earlier this month, for June interviews. So it makes sense that this new round is July interviews. 

Timeline
Just now, JSmith15 said:

Maybe. But also this was the 2nd set of IL sent out in May. There was another set sent out earlier this month, for June interviews. So it makes sense that this new round is July interviews. 

They have backlogs in other categories that they need to clear.  It's pretty odd for them to issue 2 rounds of IR/CR interviews in one month.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
3 minutes ago, randy1randerson said:

Well funny thing, I called up Telus Health in Montreal to get an appointment for the medical, and they had no availabilities yet... Told me to call back next week. So if what you say is the case, despite earlier ILs, actual appointments might still cut it short.

Have you tried the other consulate approved doctors?  It sucks that there are so few doctors approved to do these medicals and they are only in 3 provinces, especially considering what the actual medical is.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
56 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Have you tried the other consulate approved doctors?  It sucks that there are so few doctors approved to do these medicals and they are only in 3 provinces, especially considering what the actual medical is.  

Indeed - Telus Health are the only ones in PQ. I don't think I'll consider trying an Ontario doctor until the situation becomes dire... I hear Toronto commutes are no fun!

Timeline
19 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

If you know of people with later DQs than you having received ILs, I recommend you email NVC and Montreal, so they don’t miss you again in the next round.

I sent an email yesterday. Definitely feeling a little defeated knowing everyone else got one. :(

Timeline

Hi all, just submitted our NVC documents a few days ago so are officially on to the next step! We have not received DQ yet, though of course it has only been 2 days!

I've read about medical appointments being tough to schedule, should we be looking at completing that ASAP or wait until we receive our interview date? Also, is there an estimated timeline for when people typically hear back from Montreal regarding Interviews after submitting NVC docs? All the best to everyone!

8 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Hi all, just submitted our NVC documents a few days ago so are officially on to the next step! We have not received DQ yet, though of course it has only been 2 days!

I've read about medical appointments being tough to schedule, should we be looking at completing that ASAP or wait until we receive our interview date? Also, is there an estimated timeline for when people typically hear back from Montreal regarding Interviews after submitting NVC docs? All the best to everyone!

Hi, I believe you cannot schedule your medicals unless you receive the interview letter. The doctors office will specifically ask for it. Currently Montreal is scheduling interviews 1.5 to 2 months after you are DQed by NVC.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

You can't book a medical until you have your interview letter in hand.  However, you can make sure that you have all the required vaccines, either by means of a vaccination record or titers test.  I read that Hep A may have been added to the list in the last week or 2, so it's worth checking, especially if you can get those caught up while on provincial health care dime.  

If you look at the spreadsheet, you should be able to get an idea.  It's sped up dramatically, but some people have been missed for odd reasons we don't understand.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
2 hours ago, mam521 said:

You can't book a medical until you have your interview letter in hand.  However, you can make sure that you have all the required vaccines, either by means of a vaccination record or titers test.  I read that Hep A may have been added to the list in the last week or 2, so it's worth checking, especially if you can get those caught up while on provincial health care dime.  

If you look at the spreadsheet, you should be able to get an idea.  It's sped up dramatically, but some people have been missed for odd reasons we don't understand.  

Thank you for your response!  I do have a yellow 'book' that was given to me last time I went to a doctor where it lists my vaccines - would this be adequate or is there a specific form/document required?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Thank you for your response!  I do have a yellow 'book' that was given to me last time I went to a doctor where it lists my vaccines - would this be adequate or is there a specific form/document required?

Nope.  Just check your vaccines in your vaccine "passport" against the CDC list on the Consulate page.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/medical-examination-faqs.html  If you're missing any, get them taken care of. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
20 hours ago, mam521 said:

Nope.  Just check your vaccines in your vaccine "passport" against the CDC list on the Consulate page.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/medical-examination-faqs.html  If you're missing any, get them taken care of. 

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.