Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Budzmaroo said:

I am not certain about that tho someone told me that since Canada is a low fraud country, evidences like bonafides are just easy to prove. Sorry but I don’t know if that was even correct. As you can see in my timeline, it took almost 8 months to get my NOA2 though me and my husband have a daughter together who is also an American citizen thru her dad. I honestly don’t feel there is a difference being a Canadian citizen and not 😂

Aha! Got it, good to know I may have been mistaken. Thanks a lot, good luck again!

On 1/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, Hamlet said:

I had my medical with Cheema 1 week prior to my interview on Nov 8. They had booked an appointment for blood tests for me so there was no wait and X-rays was only a 15min wait. All documents sent to the consulate 2 days later. Only took 2 hour total for all appointments until finished. They were very efficient. however that was only my experience so I don’t know if you will experience the same. 

I had mine 2 days ago with Cheema. Obviously have not gotten confirmation it has been sent to the consulate as it was just on Friday, but same experience. Was simple and quick, lab and xray clinics are about a 5 min drive from his office and they made an appointment for me. 

I was in a similar situation and wasn't able to go to Montreal earlier than the interview so instead made a quick trip to Vancouver for a day the week before.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question, I have noticed in the spreadsheet someone who was DQ after me Nov 30th already got their IL. I was DQ on Nov 19th. Is this normal?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, MiloPinkman said:

Question, I have noticed in the spreadsheet someone who was DQ after me Nov 30th already got their IL. I was DQ on Nov 19th. Is this normal?

So sorry, this has happened to you.

No, this isn’t normal. NVC should be scheduling interviews in chronological order of the DQs. However, we have seen people occasionally being skipped over. ( @canuckchic, @ifh more recently). No idea why it happens. It is obviously an error, but when NVC was approached to fix the error, they refused to acknowledge the error or fix it. This is often resolved within the next couple of couple of months, but ofcourse it is so unfair…

I suggest you email both NVC and Montreal consulate about this issue. Also call NVC (calling exactly at 7am on a working day ensures you don’t have to wait.) Make sure they are aware of the error…

Some people have gotten their senators/ congresspeople involved to pressure NVC too.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

So sorry, this has happened to you.

No, this isn’t normal. NVC should be scheduling interviews in chronological order of the DQs. However, we have seen people occasionally being skipped over. ( @canuckchic, @ifh more recently). No idea why it happens. It is obviously an error, but when NVC was approached to fix the error, they refused to acknowledge the error or fix it. This is often resolved within the next couple of couple of months, but ofcourse it is so unfair…

I suggest you email both NVC and Montreal consulate about this issue. Also call NVC (calling exactly at 7am on a working day ensures you don’t have to wait.) Make sure they are aware of the error…

Some people have gotten their senators/ congresspeople involved to pressure NVC too.

This is good to know, as this would appear to have just happened to me.  I was DQ on October 28, and I have not received my IL as of yet.  I’m hoping they may issue more on Tuesday, perhaps wishful thinking.  Even Montreal embassy websites notes they are mostly processing DQ in October 2021 for interviews.

9D38FF07-46DC-4A6C-A4C9-D6A92CC2BE34.png

Timeline
On 1/15/2022 at 5:27 PM, From647to909 said:

I’m holding out hope that they haven’t finished sending out Feb Interview letters yet… based on nothing really, but I really need the hope right now 😔

I hope so especially for you.  Based on your timeline you have been on this journey for a long time 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MikeBr said:

This is good to know, as this would appear to have just happened to me.  I was DQ on October 28, and I have not received my IL as of yet.  I’m hoping they may issue more on Tuesday, perhaps wishful thinking.  Even Montreal embassy websites notes they are mostly processing DQ in October 2021 for interviews.

9D38FF07-46DC-4A6C-A4C9-D6A92CC2BE34.png

It is EXTREMELY rare for Montreal to issue ILs twice in a month, so I would not operate on that assumption. Sorry that you also were skipped over. Can’t understand why NVC is being so sloppy lately.

Honestly I don’t know how effective calling and emailing has in this circumstance, but I don’t think it hurts…At the very least, I think it brings attention to your case, improving chances of getting IL in the next round. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, JAfromOHinON said:

Got our interview letter on Friday Jan 14!!!!  February 4 in Montreal.  So exciting!!! 

Congrats! Please don’t do your medical in Ontario, I went with Dr Lyndon in Toronto on Dec 30th and my results weren’t ready for my appt on January 12th, still no email from the Dr saying they sent it to the Consulate. I was handed 221g and stuck on admin processing. Someone around here got their results in 5 Days doing it in Montreal.

Edited by Ilovecancun29

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Congrats! Please don’t do your medical in Ontario, I went with Dr Lyndon in Toronto on Dec 30th and my results weren’t ready for my appt on January 12th, still no email from the Dr saying they sent it to the Consulate. I was handed 221g and stuck on admin processing. Someone around here got their results in 5 Days doing it in Montreal.

Thank you so much for this info, it's much appreciated!  We'll avoid Dr. Lyndon for sure.  If anyone else is seeing this with a positive experience in the GTA, please let me know which doctor  you used.  Also, when you went to your interview, did you go alone or did your spouse and kids have to be there?  The letter isn't clear.  At the bottom of the letter it lists me, my son, and my daughter with the word/code "at", and then the interview time is blank.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JAfromOHinON said:

Thank you so much for this info, it's much appreciated!  We'll avoid Dr. Lyndon for sure.  If anyone else is seeing this with a positive experience in the GTA, please let me know which doctor  you used.  Also, when you went to your interview, did you go alone or did your spouse and kids have to be there?  The letter isn't clear.  At the bottom of the letter it lists me, my son, and my daughter with the word/code "at", and then the interview time is blank.  

I went to Dr Lyndon. Had my medicals on Nov 23, and it was sent to the consulate by Dec 2, well in advance of my appointment on Dec 8.

It isn’t the doctor’s office that causes the delays, but the time taken for testing results to come. Dr Lydon has your bloodwork done at lifelabs. As you know Public health is really backed up right now with omicron etc, and it can take up to 2 weeks for the results of the blood work to come through. 

I don’t know if other doctors have the facility to do it in-house to make it faster or if other provinces public health is not as backed up.

I think, so long as you schedule your  medicals to be at least 2 weeks before your appointment at Montreal, you would be ok with Dr Lyndon.

As far as who needs to go for the medical appointment, only the applicants (people applying for visa). The petitioner (US citizen) does not need to go.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, JAfromOHinON said:

Also, when you went to your interview, did you go alone or did your spouse and kids have to be there?  The letter isn't clear.  At the bottom of the letter it lists me, my son, and my daughter with the word/code "at", and then the interview time is blank.  

No spouse allowed.

Are your children immigrating? Were visa applications submitted? If so, your interviews will be bundled.

@mam521

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JAfromOHinON said:

It’s not the Dr fault. Its the whole Province of Ontario Public Health. They are putting life labs bloodwork on hold, until they clear the mountains of tests they do for every person that comes with a cold  to the clinics. If I knew that this was happening I would have arrived a week earlier to MTL.  There is people that had their appointments in October and haven't heard anything from the Consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.