2,964 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, lanim said:

Good morning house, please i just want to be sure if this is a general issue and not just peculiar to my application. I did submit I-765 renewal form based on my pending I-485 sometime in  March 2021  but i am still waiting on the EAD card. Is this normal? My I-130 was denied sometime in November 2021 because i asked to,  just  to preserve my i485  but i was issued rfe to submit my i-360 receipt which i did in December 2021 but USCIS has not acknowledged if she recieved the receipt or not. Any comment or suggestion is welcome please...Thank you in anticipation

EAD is taking 10 to 12 months lately. You are fine. Unless you need it badly then you can reach out to your senator/congress person or write to Vermont service center.

Your i-130 is denied and is rightly so.  Your i-485 is now linked with your VAWA. Your are good for right now. 

What does your i-485 status shows right now?

18 minutes ago, marcoisland777 said:

hello dear family,

today I woke up with the great news that my i485 changed status to New Card is Being Produced, I guess this means that my GC has been approved?

Is it the 10 year GC? from this point how long do I have to wait to get the card in my hands?  please let me know

Congratulations. 

It will be a 10 year green card. you should expect that in 10 days. but depending on weather and other circumstances. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, marcoisland777 said:

hello dear family,

today I woke up with the great news that my i485 changed status to New Card is Being Produced, I guess this means that my GC has been approved?

Is it the 10 year GC? from this point how long do I have to wait to get the card in my hands?  please let me know

Congratulations my dear. I am so happy for you. I hope we see fast approvals in NYC too. I am a 06/2019 filier and this gives me hope. They are treating 2019 cases in all NY offices. Yes you will get the 10 year green card. Enjoy and many blessings.

Edited by Maridade

50 minutes ago, marcoisland777 said:

hello dear family,

Congratulations

31 minutes ago, balo101 said:

EAD is taking 10 to 12 months lately. You are fine. Unless you need it badly then you can reach out to your senator/congress person or write to Vermont service center.

Your i-130 is denied and is rightly so.  Your i-485 is now linked with your VAWA. Your are good for right now. 

What does your i-485 status shows right now?

Thank you for the swift response, my I485 still shows 'Interview has been scheduled'

1 hour ago, marcoisland777 said:

hello dear family,

Congratulations to you

I read that a petitioner can submit the vawa petition or do the interview and immigration visa through the home country’s embassy or an embassy of the country where the petitioner have a “legal residency” 

Is being on a visa (student/work visa) in a third country that isn’t the home country considered a legal residency where I can do my interview at or receive my immigration visa?

if anyone can also advise who I can ask such question or if there’s another thread to help me answer this question 

Thank you in advance 

Edited by Mubja

59 minutes ago, BollyB said:

The I-765 also went back a bit… 9 months waiting… I haven’t been sleeping, insomnia… it’s torture and I’ve never felt so helpless and useless like this in my life… will keep waiting, praying and hoping. Thank God for this community tho 😪

I know many of us are waiting for ages just to get EAD. Just stay strong. Hopefully soon you will hear good news. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/28/2022 at 3:59 AM, Dane-1 said:

I 485, I 130 and I 765 January 2019.                          Interview was scheduled August 2019 but because of how abusive my wife was to me on the day of the interview my I 485 was held in abeyance                                                                        I 360 Oct 2019.                                                                  RFE Aug 2021 for good moral character, shared residence and Good faith marriage.                          RFE received Oct 2021                                                      New Card is being Produced January 2022.                                               

Congratulations fam 

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I've been on here. Last week l had my N400 interview based on my VAWA/5 years. The IO was very serious and he also asked questions regarding my previous marriage. In the end, he didn't give me a decision. I passed the civic test but decision could not be made. The following morning l received a message that said 'we have taken an action on your case'. It's been a week and nothing has changed in my account. I also requested for name change. Any Vawa n400 experiences in here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, BollyB said:

I’ve never felt so helpless and useless like this in my life

Look in a mirror and repeat defiant things to yourself ("I am NOT useless!"  "I WILL survive this!") half a dozen times aloud, with increasing determination each time, and see how much "less bad" you feel afterwards. :) 

will keep waiting, praying and hoping

Good, good, and good.  In addition, find someone in even worse condition than you think you're in (there's always someone -- a shut-in, someone terminally ill, someone in grief) and offer to help, even if it's holding their hand.

Thank God for this community tho

Indeed.  You can never be broken with such mutual strength around you.

Plus, two jokes per week! :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.