2,964 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, balo101 said:

you should have sent renewal long ago. Technically you can send 6 month before the current one expires. 

I would say send the renewal now and then you will have 6 months of extension once you will get your receipts. 

When did you send you VAWA case? 

I didn’t know I was following my lawyer. 
265 days ago 

the finger print from fbi took long because I lived in 3 states 

20 minutes ago, vawachicago said:

If your I-485 is pending, send them your EAD renewal paperwork ASAP. They needed 11 months to process mine :(

You can check processing time for I-765 via: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

My I-765 timeline based on I-485 (c9 category):

• 01/2021 - I-765/I-131 sent
  • 07/2021 - current EAD has expired [I was using 180 days extension to keep my job]
  • 12/2021 - approved and EAD was delivered

Im going to do it this week . I just was wondering if I can renew it or no and I can renew my driving License with the Extension?

Just now, Salyeen said:

265 days ago 

Im going to do it this week . I just was wondering if I can renew it or no and I can renew my driving License with the Extension?

I am not sure about Driver License. Depends where do you live.

Your DMV should be able to answer that questions for you.

3 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

265 days ago 

Your VAWA is pending since 265 days?

If yes then its not even 10 months yet. VAWA is taking 24 to 30 months these days. 

If you have pending i-485 then submit renewal asap as @vawachicagosaid it is taking long time for EAD.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, vawachicago said:

Hello Everyone,

Maybe some of you have suggestions. My I-485 is pending at NBC for almost 1.5 year after my VAWA was approved. I have asked senator [04/2021, 09/2021 and 11/2021] to inquire on my behalf and every single time they have replied "your case is pending at NBC". How long does I-485 processing take at NBC? Other then I-693 deficiency notice and biometric appointment they haven't really moved forward with my I-485.

My lawyer suggested to file writ of mandamus. Is that a good strategy?

My timeline:

• 02/2019 - I-360/I-485 to VSC
  • 05/2020 - I-360 was approved [no RFE]
  • 08/2020 - I-693 deficiency notice
  • 12/2021 - I-485 biometric at ASC

Thank you all for your help and support. Any feedback is appreciated! :)

Your case did not go to NBC until probably June or July 2020.  That is the processing date you look at from your field office in Chicago.  Until Chicago is ready to accept your file, it stays at NBC.  Don"t worry it will get transferred.  

Also, WOM does not work when you within current processing times...Case transferring to NBC two months after approval is good.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

hello family

I would love to have your opinion on when should I see the approval on my i485 after I sent the i693 to uscis queens.

My vawa was approved in march 2020, filed i485 on dec 2018, on nov 29 2021 I received RFE for i693, got them done quick,sent to uscis quicker and the i693 arrived to USCIS Queens Office on December 9 2021,

This week will be 4 weeks since my I693 arrived to USCIS.

can you please let me know by when do you estimate uscis queens will approve my i485, and how long should I wait before I do a follow up? I heard that 2 months after uscis receives the rfe response is a good time to follow up on why they havent replied to my rfe documents

could I do a follow up callling uscis, would you recommend me to contact my congresman too, or what other method would your recommend me?

Please let me know

It is still the same processing timeframe for any RFE response.  90-120 days

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

Your case did not go to NBC until probably June or July 2020.  That is the processing date you look at from your field office in Chicago.  Until Chicago is ready to accept your file, it stays at NBC.  Don"t worry it will get transferred.  

Also, WOM does not work when you within current processing times...Case transferring to NBC two months after approval is good.

Thank you so much for clarification.

According to I-485 Chicago processing time, their out of normal processing time is almost May 2020. I hope to hear from them in a month or so [if my transfer date was sometime between Jun and July of 2020] or I am going to be out of normal processing time 😢 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, e_xterrixx said:

Just got notified - VAWA is approved

Yee-HAAAAA! :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

4 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

It is still the same processing timeframe for any RFE response.  90-120 days

Hello Pinkilion, we have almost the same timeline.  I filed vawa in Match 2018 along with 485, wave was approved in August 2020, I received a free for birth certificate which I responded immediately.  My status has no changed from September 2020 till now. It only says " we received your correspondence for uscis rfe. I don't even know if my case has been transferred to my local office or not.

8 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey everyone I hope y’all a year full of happiness 

i have a question my case still request of evidence ( I responded it was only finger print)

my my EAD will be expired in 3 months? And I’m soo worry can i renew it ? And how long to take plz everyone 

You must have started the renewal process even 6 months before the expiration of the current one. 

So, go ahead and file for your renewal. 

You can read all what you need by reading the thread on this platform for there are too many answers regarding the EAD/AP renewal process. 

Sometimes, uscis takes time before updating their system after receiving the RFE

Be a little bit patient and all will be well. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, e_xterrixx said:

Just got notified - VAWA is approved 😇

Timeline:

- Filed I360: Sept 2019

- 1st PF: Nov 2019

- 2nd PF: Nov 2020

- RFE: August 2021

- RFE response received: Nov 2021

- 3rd PF: Oct 2021

- I360 Card is being produced: 1/6/2022

Congratulations, this is great news. Could you share what RFE was requested?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
20 hours ago, vawachicago said:

I am so sorry to hear that. I really don't understand why that takes them so long. 😕

Same here my vawa approved March 2020. I’m here still waiting on interview.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hope4me said:

Congratulations, this is great news. Could you share what RFE was requested?

RFE was for the following below. Hope it helps.

1. Qualifying relationship. My divorce was not finalized when I submitted the I360 and they wanted to confirm since time had passed. I sent them final divorce decree in my response through my attorney.

2. Good Moral Character - I was wrongfully arrested sometime ago due to domestic and the case was dropped but they wanted to understand why. I resent them the dismissal paper from the court - they should go figure!

Also, they got my address history wrong and wanted to see police clearance from all places I lived in the past 3yrs. I’ve only lived in NYC in the past 5yrs; I sent them al my lease documents.

1 hour ago, Jennah22 said:

Same here my vawa approved March 2020. I’m here still waiting on interview.

Very odd part about NBC is that my lawyer had 20+ Family Based I-485 application filed after 09/2020 and all of them already had an interview at USCIS Chicago office.

Looks like VAWA I-485 cases at NBC are not following that pattern if we assume that my case was transferred to NBC back in Jun/July of 2020.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

Hello All,

Finally, GC in hand, starting new job soon which pays twice what I was earning, can I get a thank you Jesus for the Lord? Thank you Jesus!!! I love you Lord. Never fight a child of God, one whose hands are clean and a pure heart, cos you will ALWAYS lose that fight.

Praying for all who are still waiting on approvals that this beautiful month of January 2022 brings you all your greatest hearts desires in Jesus mighty name, amen!!

Amen and Thank you Jesus!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.