Salama

I-29f submitted for Moroccan Fiance

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just submitted by I-29f for my Moroccan fiance. I have two questions.

1. Realistically how long are we looking at waiting?

2. I am the woman and I am 6.5 years older than him. I’m 27 and he’s 21. I am half Moroccan and our families know each other really well. We grew up together when I spent summers in Morocco. I have known him my whole life. Will we have an issue getting the visa? Will they give us a hard time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no issue with age

(u say u've known him all your life, and in Morocco cousins can marry,  so is he a cousin?

if so ,  can cousins marry in your state )

if not the above ,  then u are still of child bearing age and that's good

u have kept proofs of your trips to see him like boarding passes, etc

they will probably not  give u a hard time but will look closely to make sure you're not just trying to help someone to get to the US

so,  the CO will ask,  "why not marry in Morocco where both families could attend ?"

incha yekbel

best to u both

15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

no issue with age

(u say u've known him all your life, and in Morocco cousins can marry,  so is he a cousin?

if so ,  can cousins marry in your state )

if not the above ,  then u are still of child bearing age and that's good

u have kept proofs of your trips to see him like boarding passes, etc

they will probably not  give u a hard time but will look closely to make sure you're not just trying to help someone to get to the US

so,  the CO will ask,  "why not marry in Morocco where both families could attend ?"

incha yekbel

best to u both

We will have a big wedding in Morocco inchallah with all of our family there. We will just have the wedding, but get married in the US. Do you have any insight on the time we will wait? I know the steps but I’m worried Morocco will be so slow

Edited by Salama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just in case I misread, you mean to have the wedding in Morocco AFTER your marriage in the US correct?  Because that is the only order it can occur if you do not want any issues.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Salama said:

Please, do not have a wedding in Morocco.  K1 is for fiance's only.  That means people who are not wed.  His case will be denied if you have the wedding before he completes the K1/AOS or K1/AP process.

After your fiance arrives in the US, you need to marry within 90 days of his arrival.  If you want to travel back to Morocco to have the wedding, then you will need to apply for the adjustment of status (AOS) after marriage and also for advanced parole (AP).  Currently AOS has been taking over a year and AP has been taking 6-10 months.   If he leaves the US before AOS is completed, or before AP is authorized, he will be considered as abandoning his AOS case and you two will have to start all over with the immigration process by applying for a spouse visa.

If you have just submitted the I-129F, then expect about a year before your fiance can arrive in the US.  Then about a year before he can travel out of the US.  So about 2 years before you can hold the wedding in Morocco.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

CR1 would seem to be a better solution 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Please, do not have a wedding in Morocco.  K1 is for fiance's only.  That means people who are not wed.  His case will be denied if you have the wedding before he completes the K1/AOS or K1/AP process.

After your fiance arrives in the US, you need to marry within 90 days of his arrival.  If you want to travel back to Morocco to have the wedding, then you will need to apply for the adjustment of status (AOS) after marriage and also for advanced parole (AP).  Currently AOS has been taking over a year and AP has been taking 6-10 months.   If he leaves the US before AOS is completed, or before AP is authorized, he will be considered as abandoning his AOS case and you two will have to start all over with the immigration process by applying for a spouse visa.

If you have just submitted the I-129F, then expect about a year before your fiance can arrive in the US.  Then about a year before he can travel out of the US.  So about 2 years before you can hold the wedding in Morocco.

We wont be wed it would be just a party

Edited by Salama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Salama said:

We wont be wed it would be just a party

AFTER the marriage in the US correct?

This is such a terrible idea.  Please do some searches about why this is a bad idea - especially with loved ones in high fraud countries.

Good luck 

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

CR1 would seem to be a better solution 

yes,  especially if u intend to have the marriage celebration in Morocco

As said,  going for K1 means coming to US,  marrying here,  and going thru an intensive AOS process at a cost of $1225 and u don't get to leave the US for at least a year (today's timelines)

Edited by JeanneAdil

12 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

yes,  especially if u intend to have the marriage celebration in Morocco

As said,  going for K1 means coming to US,  marrying here,  and going thru an intensive AOS process at a cost of $1225 and u don't get to leave the US for at least a year (today's timelines)

Yes I understand the process of the k1. I know the Cr1 is recommended, esp since you get the green card right away upon entry. However, that is not the route chosen.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Salama said:

Yes I understand the process of the k1. I know the Cr1 is recommended, esp since you get the green card right away upon entry. However, that is not the route chosen.

Well,  u will more than likely be ok with interview as u say,  he knows u and family well

it is hard for a person to come and not be able to work or travel home for a year or more while waiting for green card and AP

so,  after he goes thru POE and gets that i 94 , apply as fast as u can for the SS # and card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If possible, submit photos of you,  him and the family  from  your childhood at interview . It would not hurt and maybe could help your case since you have known each others since childhood

Morocco is a hard embassy to get past. 

And don't submit any party pics, the embassy could interpret them as wedding celebration pics.

Jeanne is right, a marriage visa would be best in long run, able to work, and cheaper in many ways.

Best wishes

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

2 hours ago, Beth & Achraf said:

If possible, submit photos of you,  him and the family  from  your childhood at interview . It would not hurt and maybe could help your case since you have known each others since childhood

And don't submit any party pics, the embassy could interpret them as wedding celebration pics.

Jeanne is right, a marriage visa would be best in long run, able to work, and cheaper in many ways.

Best wishes

Yup I have tons of photos of me with his mom,dad,brother,sister. Recent and old! 

I get that you and Jeanne suggest CR1, that is not the route chosen, as I told Jeanne.

Edited by Salama

2 hours ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Best wishes

When you say hard embassy to get past…what do you mean? Also what was your personal experience?

Edited by Salama

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.