Natalia & Igor

N-400 October 2021 Filers

309 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 10:22 AM, Junior818 said:

Hi guys, is there anyone from Los Angeles that got their interview schedule recently?

I'm also a October filer 

Hi! I am from LA. 

I filed 10/18/21 and 12/17/21 my interview was scheduled for 01/24/22.

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Natalia & Igor said:

Hi! I am from LA. 

I filed 10/18/21 and 12/17/21 my interview was scheduled for 01/24/22.

Hi Natalia, that was really fast. I filed October 19, 2021 and I haven't heard anything yet. Were yours marriage based?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Junior818 said:

Hi Natalia, that was really fast. I filed October 19, 2021 and I haven't heard anything yet. Were yours marriage based?

Yes, I applied under the 3-year rule. 

Anyone filled there N-400 and there service center was Cleveland, OH? any idea of how long it takes for Oath ceremony to schedule?

anyways quick update on my interview and time for N-400.

I was scheduled for an Interview yesterday, Received my NOA (interview date) sometimes in December, NOA (Bio) 1st week of November and filled OCT 14 Online.

Cleveland's service center is unexpectedly quick I wasn't expecting it to be this fast, like most other people here, my estimate time was shown 13 month throughout the process as well.

Interview was pretty easy, first Officer asked me to read three word sentence on a tab that was placed right in front of me, then asked me to write what he was speaking (also on tab) then civic questions (screens in the waiting area were showing anyone applied after Dec 2020 are required to take 2020 civic test ) that made me worried because i studied 2008 civic test but officer asked me questions from 2008, He asked 6 questions. then moved on to my N-400 Application and asked me almost all questions about have you ever ......? and so on. then asked about my marital status and my marital life including how and when I met my wife and allot more (it felt like i was getting interviewed for ROC ). then he moved on to oath related questions. 

then he congratulated me and gave me a piece of paper that my application is sent for approval. 

it all went very quickly seemed like I only spent 10-15 minutes in there.

USCIS Updated Today:

01/07/2022: Interview date scheduled

-still waiting for the mail to arrive.

10/29/2022-filed online

10/29/2022-after 3hours-updated to reused bio

then actively reviewing case after 5days.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

What should I review 2008 right?

Thank you!

Edited by Elle00

Timeline
Just now, Elle00 said:

LA-still waiting for the mail for interview details.

Congratulations to you,  I filed October 19th, 2021 and still haven't heard anything. 

Hi everyone,

I need your help. My N400 interview is already scheduled next week on the 18th and I'm kind of stressed and paranoid about it now that I am getting closer to the date.

I have filed N400 under the 5 year rule since my ex and I got divorced. We got married back in August 2016 so 4 years. Before the divorce, around 2019 I moved out of state because of work but travelled back and forth. The goal was that eventually we would both move to the new state. We were having conflicts which got worse and worse. Then, I later found out, she was seeing someone else behind my back. This initiated the divorce which was filed on June 2020 and was finalized on Nov 2020. We have everything separate since then and some stuff were purposefully erased to move on. It was heart breaking because I did love her. After the divorce, I decided to better myself. I moved out of state and was able to get into a nursing program and I am finally graduating next month. 

Being said, the documents that I have prepared so far are the documents were on USCIS' letter:

- tax documents

- my green card

- my passport (current and old one used upon entry to the US)

- certified copy of marriage certificate

- copy of dissolution of marriage

Now, will they scrutinize my application during the interview given my situation? I no longer have any proofs of anything joint-related except those that I have already originally sent for ROC as we have now our separate lives. I'm worried that a part of my situation would be misinterpreted or that I don't answer the right question and get miscommunicated? Do I still have to take with me documents to prove bona fides? I think I'm starting to get way into my head.

Any tips or advices would be much appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
16 hours ago, cablewyres said:

Now, will they scrutinize my application during the interview given my situation?

Maybe, if you got your green card through marriage.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Went to the interview and passed the test. Was told that everything looks good but a decision cannot be made right now. Made me signed all papers related to the oath ceremony : checking names, DOB, pledge of allegiance. Now, waiting for the status to change online 🤞🏽

Edited by psgma

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

On 12/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, Natalia & Igor said:

Congrats!

I filed 10/18/21 and my interview was scheduled 12/17/21.

I have the same interview date )

LA, CA

Hi!

I know that you are Russian and I have a question as I am from Russia too, which russian passport do we need to bring to the interview? We have the travel passport and the Russian passport. I have interview in February and just getting everything ready for it.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I have my interview in 10 days and just started studying the civics questions, using the USCIS pdf with questions/answers.

Some of the questions ask you to list one of the following, but others don't, and still give you multiple options, such as

Who makes federal laws?

• Congress
  • Senate and house
  • legislature

Are you supposed to give one of the three, or list all three? 

Thanks guys

Timeline
Just now, vincebu said:

I have my interview in 10 days and just started studying the civics questions, using the USCIS pdf with questions/answers.

Some of the questions ask you to list one of the following, but others don't, and still give you multiple options, such as

Who makes federal laws?

• Congress
  • Senate and house
  • legislature

Are you supposed to give one of the three, or list all three? 

Thanks guys

One of the three 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.