aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nothing yet, still actively reviewing at Texas Service Center since February. I’m really regretting not filing the K3 as it seems like those are the ones I saw who are approved already. Oh well… we wait! Good luck to all!!! 

4 hours ago, Eni_Aro said:

Nothing yet, still actively reviewing at Texas Service Center since February. I’m really regretting not filing the K3 as it seems like those are the ones I saw who are approved already. Oh well… we wait! Good luck to all!!! 

Hopefully our approvals are right around the corner. Im really hoping so. It will make it much easier to plan things and to get a better idea on how much longer it will take to complete the entire process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Hopefully our approvals are right around the corner. Im really hoping so. It will make it much easier to plan things and to get a better idea on how much longer it will take to complete the entire process

Agreed. I had checked the August 2021 filers post and I hadn’t seen any movement there either a couple weeks ago. Hopefully if they start to see movement, at least we will know we are coming up soon. 

32 minutes ago, Eni_Aro said:

Agreed. I had checked the August 2021 filers post and I hadn’t seen any movement there either a couple weeks ago. Hopefully if they start to see movement, at least we will know we are coming up soon. 

A friend of mine just got approved last Friday and her PD was 08/10/21. So hopefully something soon. I believe our approvals are coming next month 

33 minutes ago, madhatter204 said:

I'm CSC as well, PD 24 Sept and AR for 272 days as of today. I anticipate getting approved at the end of July/beginning of August. 

Im REALLY hoping I get my approval by the week of July 4th. At the latest by my wedding anniversary which is July 20. I check everyday on my Case tracker app. Im so ready for this part of the process to be over 😩

On 6/22/2022 at 8:32 PM, HurtRN said:

Just checkin in on all my fellow Sept. 2021 filers.  Any progress from anyone lately?  I spoke to someone who applied February 2022 and received approval already this Month (June).  They were Texas SC.....I try not to compare especially since I am another SC (Potomac)....but, still I do.  LOL.  

Have a good day my friends! 

Hi, My center is also Potomac and still being reviewed. It's so frustrating and my wife was thinking of visiting me a third time since it's so hard.
Also, the Potomac processing time is 12 months. And the 12 months is due in 3 months. I thought that the 12 months would cover the whole period including getting your visa. Am I wrong? or is this time only for the approval time. Does anyone know anything?

41 minutes ago, Bigmasoud said:

Hi, My center is also Potomac and still being reviewed. It's so frustrating and my wife was thinking of visiting me a third time since it's so hard.
Also, the Potomac processing time is 12 months. And the 12 months is due in 3 months. I thought that the 12 months would cover the whole period including getting your visa. Am I wrong? or is this time only for the approval time. Does anyone know anything?

It use to be the time length for the entire process but now that is how long it is taking for just the petition to get approved. The whole process right now is taking around 18-24 months to complete from start to finish. I know it is incredibly frustrating 😩

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

It use to be the time length for the entire process but now that is how long it is taking for just the petition to get approved. The whole process right now is taking around 18-24 months to complete from start to finish. I know it is incredibly frustrating 😩

Wow, 18-24 months total...? I'm a little shocked because I read that the NVC stage is usually 3-6 months max (well, of course there are always exceptions) and they're moving really fast right now because of their new processing targets

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

2 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Damn 😢. And here I was thinking I would get approved on June, July, and did all my planning based on this. I used to check the timeline prediction and it kept on getting updated to one or two months later. Now it's on August 🙁 I guess there's nothing I can do. I'm much more useful where my wife is, than here.

Also based on some of the things I've heard from some people online, might there be any complications in the embassy? I mean people has told me they've been in ap for a few months. But I checked the previous visa approvals in the US embassy in Yerevan and each month there were 4-5 cr1 visas and I guess around 60-70 ir1 visas. Based on these fixed numbers, I'm guessing there's not much problem in that stage.

2 hours ago, shytown said:

Wow, 18-24 months total...? I'm a little shocked because I read that the NVC stage is usually 3-6 months max (well, of course there are always exceptions) and they're moving really fast right now because of their new processing targets

The NVC stage usually takes about 3 months and then it just depends on your countries embassy as to how long it takes for you to get an interview. Im at 300 days on Monday waiting for my petition to get approved. I know it is coming soon but still

Is very frustrating 

8 hours ago, Bigmasoud said:

It should be that way you would think.....it is all so random.  Some of us I guess wait longer than others....no rhyme or reason to it that I can find or that I see anyone else logically speaking towards.  I saw another last night in a FB group that applied March 2022 and was approved yesterday for their I-130...and they were potomac and did not file for expedited service.  So here we wait and wait and wait....Many even longer than us.  It's horrific.  

1 minute ago, HurtRN said:

It should be that way you would think.....it is all so random.  Some of us I guess wait longer than others....no rhyme or reason to it that I can find or that I see anyone else logically speaking towards.  I saw another last night in a FB group that applied March 2022 and was approved yesterday for their I-130...and they were potomac and did not file for expedited service.  So here we wait and wait and wait....Many even longer than us.  It's horrific.  

Exactly. Its freaking ridiculous. They need to go in order that people file which is the fairest way to go about it. I have developed an OCD of checking my case tracker every morning (sometimes more than once a day) to see it my case has gotten approved yet since im reaching 300 days. It is madness 

4 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Exactly. Its freaking ridiculous. They need to go in order that people file which is the fairest way to go about it. I have developed an OCD of checking my case tracker every morning (sometimes more than once a day) to see it my case has gotten approved yet since im reaching 300 days. It is madness 

I totally get it.  I try not to but, then second guess it.  Wishful thinking, but....they need more transparency.  

Hopefully approvals are coming soon. This is the hardest part of the process in my opinion. So fingers crossed next month is my lucky month 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.