AnnaDi

Vaccination requirements

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys. Does anybody know if you have to take flu vaccine now for adjustment of status? We visited a civil surgeon who told us that we have to do this since now it’s a flu season. But we read on the uscis site that flu season starts on 1st of October til March31. What should we do? And what happens if we refuse to take this vaccine? Thanks for your replies in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Didn't you get the vaccines before moving to the US?

Yes,I did, but now they tell me that I have to get more ,which is weird. I had to take mmr again,because they told me that I don’t have antibodies for that and they say that flu vaccine is needed too. So I want to know if they are just trying to come up with something to make more money,or I really need to get flu shot now. 

Check on the bottom of your DS-3025 form; if the "K visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" checkbox is marked, you do not need any other vacvine.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnnaDi said:

Yes,I did, but now they tell me that I have to get more ,which is weird. I had to take mmr again,because they told me that I don’t have antibodies for that and they say that flu vaccine is needed too. So I want to know if they are just trying to come up with something to make more money,or I really need to get flu shot now. 

They who? 

The only reason for getting vaccines in the US for AOS is if you denied getting vaccinated in your home country and the doctor marked: Immigrant elected not to get vaccinated. 

What matter are the vaccines that were required at the time of the medical, so if something was not available, the doctor should've gave you a waiver and marked the form as complete. And that's all you need.

Edited by Ayrton

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, AnnaDi said:

Hello guys. Does anybody know if you have to take flu vaccine now for adjustment of status? We visited a civil surgeon who told us that we have to do this since now it’s a flu season. But we read on the uscis site that flu season starts on 1st of October til March31. What should we do? And what happens if we refuse to take this vaccine? Thanks for your replies in advance. 

Why did you go to a civil surgeon? Was something not complete on your DS-3025? Read through this pinned topic to see if you need an I-693.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 9/7/2021 at 8:55 PM, Ayrton said:

They who? 

The only reason for getting vaccines in the US for AOS is if you denied getting vaccinated in your home country and the doctor marked: Immigrant elected not to get vaccinated. 

What matter are the vaccines that were required at the time of the medical, so if something was not available, the doctor should've gave you a waiver and marked the form as complete. And that's all you need.

Is this also true concerning the new Covid vaccine requirements from October 1st or is that one different?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

Is this also true concerning the new Covid vaccine requirements from October 1st or is that one different?

It has always been the case that if you receive whatever is required at the time of the k-1 medical, then you do not have to go get seasonal vaccines that might be required at a later date. However, all this covid stuff and the requirement for the covid vaccine is so new. I am not sure the government has even worked out what's going to be required for whom or when. 

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.