Love P

Interview at Manila US Embassy - IR5

304 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

Usually Mondays between 10am - 2pm these past months, but not every monday.  Also join FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/IR5VISA - this is mostly hosted by Filipinos, you can find group chats that has daily assignments of watching as schedule opens.  Hope this helps!

THANKS SO MUCH!  Is this 10AM-2PM Manila time?  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, hunny&me said:

Sorry, Yes.

Hi Hunny, After checking many times over a 24 hour period, I received a message something like "you are approaching the maximum times you can view this page, please complete your transaction"...do you know what this means?  This is so frustrating!!!

9 minutes ago, chrismanilyn said:

Hi Hunny, After checking many times over a 24 hour period, I received a message something like "you are approaching the maximum times you can view this page, please complete your transaction"...do you know what this means?  This is so frustrating!!!

Yes, avoid checking many times a day by clicking Continue, it will lock your account for 72 hours and will not be able to book apt even if you call them.  
Make sure your Category Bar is filled correctly (per your application) and fully up to Visa Classimage.png.5ce0fa1bae6897ce717baee8659aa7ce.png

When you login to check for availability,  you do not need to click on Continue if you do not see any dates on the yellow section below.  This will help you not to freeze your account.
image.png.eca753330de1d17d2a4e16186d7dbd42.png

It will show like below when there are availability.

image.png.0a28942b25f64380f5ba177fe0038063.png

As mentioned in my previous post, join the FB group, find a chat group - you will help each other Manila IR5 in watching availability.  In a group, you will also find people that need to cancel their appointments because their medical was extended (sputum), and anyone can monitor to grab the released slot.     My previous chat groups are already closed, since our processed have finished.  Only those looking for appointments can watch for schedules, so once a person got their interview, watching for open slots is no longer available.

Hope this helps!

30 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

Yes, avoid checking many times a day by clicking Continue, it will lock your account for 72 hours and will not be able to book apt even if you call them.  
Make sure your Category Bar is filled correctly (per your application) and fully up to Visa Classimage.png.5ce0fa1bae6897ce717baee8659aa7ce.png

When you login to check for availability,  you do not need to click on Continue if you do not see any dates on the yellow section below.  This will help you not to freeze your account.
image.png.eca753330de1d17d2a4e16186d7dbd42.png

It will show like below when there are availability.

image.png.0a28942b25f64380f5ba177fe0038063.png

As mentioned in my previous post, join the FB group, find a chat group - you will help each other Manila IR5 in watching availability.  In a group, you will also find people that need to cancel their appointments because their medical was extended (sputum), and anyone can monitor to grab the released slot.     My previous chat groups are already closed, since our processed have finished.  Only those looking for appointments can watch for schedules, so once a person got their interview, watching for open slots is no longer available.

Hope this helps!

So only click “Continue” if there is an appointment on the left panel as shown in your screenshot?

3 minutes ago, IAmNoLawyer said:

So only click “Continue” if there is an appointment on the left panel as shown in your screenshot?

Based on our (my previous groups - IR1/IR5) experiences March-August, YES, as long as your Visa Category bar is fully filled.  When missing the last, it didn't show.  Dates differ per category.  Based on experience, IR5 fills up so fast (like within the hour it opened).  IR1 the longest we had was appointment where open for 2 weeks.
CEAC website also updates from time to time - during March to June - 4 press of Continue in a day - you already get a warning (that includes when your PC seems to hang).  Other reports locks at 5th check.  There was an update after (might be June), were locks were were more frequent.  Joining chat groups will help you to prevent getting those locks as others are also watching for everyone in the group.  The watcher will message to group NO AVAIL or OPEN on their watch schedule.

1 minute ago, hunny&me said:

Based on our (my previous groups - IR1/IR5) experiences March-August, YES, as long as your Visa Category bar is fully filled.  When missing the last, it didn't show.  Dates differ per category.  Based on experience, IR5 fills up so fast (like within the hour it opened).  IR1 the longest we had was appointment where open for 2 weeks.
CEAC website also updates from time to time - during March to June - 4 press of Continue in a day - you already get a warning (that includes when your PC seems to hang).  Other reports locks at 5th check.  There was an update after (might be June), were locks were were more frequent.  Joining chat groups will help you to prevent getting those locks as others are also watching for everyone in the group.  The watcher will message to group NO AVAIL or OPEN on their watch schedule.

Thank you. I will definitely join the FB group now. 

Is it possible that the only chance you get an appointment if someone cancels? It seems like other than this, no appointments will be available because the US Embassy in Manila has a backlog of cases during COVID-19 (at its peak). 

Just now, IAmNoLawyer said:

Thank you. I will definitely join the FB group now. 

Is it possible that the only chance you get an appointment if someone cancels? It seems like other than this, no appointments will be available because the US Embassy in Manila has a backlog of cases during COVID-19 (at its peak). 

I do not think so.   USEM have to open for people to grab.  Those that received NVC interview schedule (not expedited) - may have an extended medical.  which means they will cancel.. and on their own to re-schedule to when their sputum test is completed. 
The backlog if not expedited is left at NVC stage.  USEM has to split up their availability for those who are "Ready" - at USEM stage waiting for a date (expedited, re-medical, extended medical, unavoidable circumstances that person wasn't able to make it to interview, etc) and to those "At NVC".  Prior to covid, "At NVC" i think was only 2 weeks... but now, some people are still waiting longer than a year... (so, people are expediting for their parents.)  You will learn a lot from the FB group - mostly Filipinos there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I backread the whole 20 pages of this thread lol. Just got DQd Nov 3 2022. If the ceac status says 'READY,' can we also just book it via cgi? Or is that only for expedited cases? What happens if I try to book an appointment even without an approved expedite request? 

We're CR1 and there are plenty of slots open. I can see the earliest date available on the left hand side of the page. We've sent an expedite request, got acknowledgment, but no response yet.

Thank you!!

So do you have to schedule your applicant's inteview date now? No need to wait for the notice from the embassy? I'm confused.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 9:46 AM, Mpowie said:

Hello, I backread the whole 20 pages of this thread lol. Just got DQd Nov 3 2022. If the ceac status says 'READY,' can we also just book it via cgi? Or is that only for expedited cases? What happens if I try to book an appointment even without an approved expedite request? 

We're CR1 and there are plenty of slots open. I can see the earliest date available on the left hand side of the page. We've sent an expedite request, got acknowledgment, but no response yet.

Thank you!!

Yes, if it is Ready, you can book an interview date - just make sure the medical exam is completed at least a week before the interview date.

On 11/6/2022 at 4:15 PM, anne_limited said:

So do you have to schedule your applicant's inteview date now? No need to wait for the notice from the embassy? I'm confused.

Yes, if your status at NVC is READY, you can book an interview date - just make sure the medical exam is completed at least a week before the interview date.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My MIL's application went to the embassy almost two weeks ago. Status has been labeled as "ready" but I keep being told we need to receive a "congratulations" email before we could attempt to schedule. I am told that usually takes a couple of days, but it's almost two weeks now. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any advice on how to get movement? I need to get my MIL here soon. We have been QD'd since 7/2021. TY. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.