EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

It really is frustrating to have to deal with this nonsense.  The long wait times are simply not acceptable and there are no explainable reasons for it.  We are in EAC and I would really like to know more about their staffing.  I see people in other service centers getting approved quicker.  Why do some people get a prompt approval while our package just sits there waiting for ANYONE with a pulse just to pick it up?  We don't get to choose our service center.  Some of us are simply dealt the rotten card of a slower service center.

The USCIS made this big announcement last spring about switching to a risk-based approach and modernizing in order to get cases processed faster.  Since then the wait times have gotten worse.  I have absolutely NO faith in the USCIS making any significant improvements that will benefit us or the couples who come long after us.

And we personally are getting government dysfunction in stereo.  We applied for TSA Precheck for my wife (should have done Global Entry but we will address that in the future) and it has now been almost four months and we're still waiting for the TSA to conduct a criminal background check.  We were told on the day of our appointment it takes most only 3-5 days to process but sometimes it can take up to 60 days.  Ha!  We have blown 60 days out of the water and are still waiting.  They had 'escalated' our application 5 weeks ago and still nothing.  So much for escalating, right?

Is there ANY government agency in this country that demonstrates ANY semblance of efficiency at all?

I totally feel you. It is really, really frustrating. We filed a very solid I-751 package. Any IO with a Starbucks coffee would be able to approve it in the time he drinks his coffee. Ten minutes at most. We included everything but the kitchen sink. And also, very relevant documents, such as joint house title, bank statements, federal and State taxes... You name it!!! 751 is just a waste of time because they have a high approval rate, so if they are going to approve anyways, why even bother people with making copies and spending so much money?!

We were assigned to LIN. One of the slowest centers. What a joke! I have seen them pick up the pace for I-485s, which is fine because people need the green card. But also, it is not fair for other applications. If you apply a risk- based approach, 751s should be the first to be deal with because they are non sense anyways. And also, I have seen people saying that they were approved for the EAD and then 15 days later for the green card. Talk about waste of resources. The green card voids the EAD!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 4:53 AM, Ethan & Shannon said:

Is anyone applying for citizenship soon prior to receiving the approval of this application to remove conditions? Just curious, I want to apply for citizenship but wasn’t sure what the best practice is, wait longer? Or just do it?

Yup, I just did today! I figured I was going to eventually anyway so I might as well as early as possible. It was so smooth compared to all previous applications, did it online & took me just two hours to put together.

h

Timeline
31 minutes ago, catnap said:

Checking in on my fellow September 2021 filers since we're about to hit the 1 year mark...any news?? I'm in LIN filer so probably in for a long wait :( 

I saw somebody on a Facebook group being approved just yesterday, LIN July 2021 filer 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 8/26/2022 at 2:21 PM, catnap said:

Checking in on my fellow September 2021 filers since we're about to hit the 1 year mark...any news?? I'm in LIN filer so probably in for a long wait :( 

Same! I’m hoping I can apply for citizenship soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Same! I’m hoping I can apply for citizenship soon. 

We're at EAC, and still waiting, too. My husband will be applying for citizenship near the end of September.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, Joyoussinger said:

We're at EAC, and still waiting, too. My husband will be applying for citizenship near the end of September.

Yup! I’m getting my documents ready so I scan till I drop 🤣  my window opens on September 19th and I’m kinda nervous 😬 but excited to be over with this journey 

50 minutes ago, Vante said:

Can anyone confirm that if your windows starts for the N400 on the 90 days before your 3 years of your green card or you have to also add days you were out of the country. 

You do need to check your eligibility based on number of days spend in the US.

39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You do need to check your eligibility based on number of days spend in the US.

I only been out the country 16 days since I been a resident. The website said I’m fine but I remember someone telling you have to add the days you were out the country as well. So basically two weeks after 2 years and 9 months 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Yup! I’m getting my documents ready so I scan till I drop 🤣  my window opens on September 19th and I’m kinda nervous 😬 but excited to be over with this journey 

I think my husband's window opens on September 21. i don't think we have to send very much with the application. Most of our evidence is to be brought to the interview. We have almost everything ready, though! It will be sooo good to be done with this!

@Vante here's the starting point - https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/learn-about-citizenship/naturalization-eligibility

Unlike for joint I-751 filings, there is no urgency to file N-400 in the 90-day window, unless you already have 10 year greencard which about to expire and you decide to naturalize instead of renewing it.

Out of caution, just wait a few weeks or a month extra around the time you become eligible.

50 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Vante here's the starting point - https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/learn-about-citizenship/naturalization-eligibility

Unlike for joint I-751 filings, there is no urgency to file N-400 in the 90-day window, unless you already have 10 year greencard which about to expire and you decide to naturalize instead of renewing it.

Out of caution, just wait a few weeks or a month extra around the time you become eligible.

Yea, that’s what I was referring to, since I didn’t leave the country for more than 6 months, it said eligible. I’m jointly filing for the 751 but haven’t heard anything since my biometrics were reused and that was in October of last year. Its not urgent but I just want to be done with the immigration process and also need it for certain jobs. I have a lawyer too so I’ll also consult with him very soon. My window should be the 17th of September but if the days I left the country count, I’m looking at October.

1 hour ago, Vante said:

Yea, that’s what I was referring to, since I didn’t leave the country for more than 6 months, it said eligible. I’m jointly filing for the 751 but haven’t heard anything since my biometrics were reused and that was in October of last year. Its not urgent but I just want to be done with the immigration process and also need it for certain jobs. I have a lawyer too so I’ll also consult with him very soon. My window should be the 17th of September but if the days I left the country count, I’m looking at October.

Mmm so my wife travelled before covid in few days then everything closed she stayed outside the country for almost 5 months .. does that mean she have to wait 5 months ?  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Vante said:

Good choice, just so to make sure your application is not rejected and then you wasted your money. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.