OmarStuck

N-600K Complete Experience

155 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, HoHkey said:

Moved to US as F1-H1B-GC until 2020, citizen 2020, baby born 2022 oversea. 

Then the baby would be born a US citizen and a CRBA should be applied for with the American Citizen Services unit at the Embassy: https://fam.state.gov/fam/08fam/08fam030107.html "Naturalized citizens may count any time they spent in the United States or its outlying possessions both before and after being naturalized, regardless of their status. Even citizens who, prior to lawful entry and naturalization, had spent time in the United States illegally can include that time"

Edited by HRQX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

File the petitions ASAP. I recommend to either do direct filing at the Embassy (if eligible*) or do online filing: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 It would be 3 separate petitions. For your spouse's petition you would also upload I-130A spouse supplement.

*One of the "exceptional circumstances" examples for direct filing is "Short notice of position relocation – A U.S. citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, has received a job offer in or reassignment to the United States with little notice for the required start date." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3

K-3 and K-4 visas were extremely rare before the pandemic and essentially non-existent since the 03/20/2020 DOS "Suspension of Routine Visa Services." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

That is an option. That is why I said they could then return with the US passports:

HRQX - thank you again for your response. Just checked and it doesn't seem like DCF option is available from Pakistan. I will initiate the I-130 proceedings and file online. My only question for now remains the best way to bring my kids with me to the US while I await their application to be processed as I'm assuming the process will take months if not a year from what the timelines look like currently. What is the best course of action you recommend for this? Get the Kids a k4? Bring them on their already valid B2?  Appreciate any insight you can provide!

Our USCIS journey:

Jan 14, 2006 - Married

Nov 11, 2009: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 18, 2009: Check cashed

Nov 20, 2009: I-130 NOA1

Dec 1, 2009: Touch

Feb 24, 2009: I-130 NOA2 mailed out

5 hours ago, OmarStuck said:

Could you state in simple terms why they would not be able to do the N600K?

There's no issue with applying for N-600K, attending the interview in the US, returning overseas, then relocating to the US many months later.  The issue is with intending to attend the N-600K interview and remain in the US afterwards.  That would mean lying to CBP at POE about purpose of travel to the US, which would be fraud.

6 minutes ago, Ashes said:

it doesn't seem like DCF option is available from Pakistan

You could at least try contacting the Embassy in Islamabad and ask about direct filing for "exceptional circumstances" case: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3 "If a consular officer in a U.S. embassy or consulate encounters an individual case that the officer believes has need of immediate processing of a Form I-130, the consular officer may, but is not required to, accept the local filing in exceptional circumstances, in accordance with the guidance below."

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.